Does anyone else get bored/lose patience with online poker but not live?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's harder to stay focused online. Live is much better, I think they pay much more attention. But hey, you have to try to be as professional as possible.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
When playing live I love it. I stay engaged and think pretty actively on all my moves etc. but when it comes to online I just get bored and stand making stupid decisions out of pure boredom and I even know the decisions are terrible.
I understand this completely. I just want a good hand, and I wait, and wait, and wait... and nothing. Then when I finally get a good hand, the flop is terrible, and I have to fold. But I get bored and pissed off, and tilt, and play anyway. Also get really PO sometimes when people use up the time bank every single hand.

Last edited:
Junk_hand_Jack

Junk_hand_Jack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
When playing live I love it. I stay engaged and think pretty actively on all my moves etc. but when it comes to online I just get bored and stand making stupid decisions out of pure boredom and I even know the decisions are terrible.
Exactly this. I grind my way up to 50% or more profit then blow it all over the space of a few orbits.

Junk_hand_Jack

Junk_hand_Jack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
It's harder to stay focused online. Live is much better, I think they pay much more attention. But hey, you have to try to be as professional as possible.
For sure. I think my problem is I tend to play online to pass the time so I'm often tired or unfocused. My resolution today is to go about it in a more planned way. Schedule in time and go somewhere quiet to play.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that online poker is not safe, I think they favor certain players.
Yes there are a lot of people who have a wrong understanding of poker that think like this but its not true. Its only their personal experience over a short samplesize. They do a lot of mistakes in this time while playing and most of them like to blame someone else for their inability to learn, listen and understand. I never met a person who is more or less good in poker who thinks like this.

Read about variance and samplesize and u will maybe one day think different.

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do that daily in tournaments.. When people play 12tables each and they are too slow to react i just all in :D

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The best answer will be the fact that I happened to fall asleep during the tournament 😁. Sometimes when you find good opponents, the game slows down and every move is thought out, and this can put not only vigilance to sleep after a long time 😀.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
people always get bored then do same thing over and over again, so if want stay sharp, little break it is your choice like @PupsikCat mentioned...

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I've never played live, but I always thought it was the other way around, cause online you have almost constant action. At least if you are playing+4 tables

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since a few weeks, I've been making good volume at the cash tables, which makes me play the CC freerolls with less attention sometimes, I realize that

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry but I don't get bored while playing poker, on the contrary it thrills me, for me every play raises my adrenaline

N

nbc123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I get bored with twenty tables, But that whole needing money thing keeps me going

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think I rarely get bored of poker. since I am always focused on the game

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Yea, the reason might be that online is faster, and we tend to asume it will finish quick, so we desesperate when it doesn't, but live poker is slower so we're used to it.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
For me, poker is simply the best remedy for boredom. I only play online and never get bored while playing. I usually play 3-4 tables at the same time and I just don't have time for boredom :)

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Online you cant get bored, you always play a few tables at a time

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it gets boring - I turn on YouTube or stream on Twitch

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
me, especially when it takes a long time for a good hand to come

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, there have been times where my day has just exhausted me to the point that i enter a tournament (freeroll) and end up not caring part way through. Hate it when it happens but life is draining and i dont live for poker. Other priorities come first. Poker is an enjoyable escape.

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, in live poker you have the adrenaline. Besides in online there´s many players that are not committed with the game so they make bad calls go all-in with any game which makes it less interesting. Adding to it there´s a more mechanical style of play in online because you can´t read your opponents, so you play the cards a bit more.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
if you can't play normally and concentrate, then don't do it, because it's not worth your time

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, everything is the same in terms of patience, perseverance, because the gameplay is very similar, the only thing that changes is that online you can enjoy the comfort of your home and not live, I think you'll even get more tired. But I much prefer the live one to the line one, the live one has a chat, you meet people and that's very good.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I only play online, and if I do, I always play with concentration. If I feel like I'm tired or I don't have much free time, I just don't start the game. For me, poker is entertainment after a hard day's work, and this entertainment is a good distraction from the daily grind.
Good luck :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To say it does not happen live or online would be a lie but I normally don't get bored and distracted. I am kept busy playing along with the game. I watch the play and retractions and try to put players on a hand. I literary just play the game all along and dont get bored.

Organize a Home Poker Game