Do you respond to comments in a game online?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can't offend me no matter what they say so I welcome the trash talk!!!! If they want to go dark bring it!!! It don't usually take long for them to shut up when I dish it back!!!!!:D:D

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would gladly answer everyone, even those who humiliate me. But it's so inconvenient on a mobile phone, especially when there are more than two tables open.I have no time to answer.Tables are jumping and it is impossible to write something. Therefore, when I buy a new computer, then I will not miss a single message sent to me.My old computer was stolen) And it happens)

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, I don't see the point in this:rolleyes:

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes. There are funny and interesting comments sometimes.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen less chatting since pokerstars started emojis, it's easy to show frustration with a hoarse shoe & a rocket.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend not to respond as generally speaking they are negative comments

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really only when it's a friend or a greeting but not getting into any discussions

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not answer. After all, my chat is disabled. It's calmer this way.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I usually do not respond to any comments and I do not pay attention to the chatbox.

L

loveisblind

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
99% of the time I have chat off .... too distracting!

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Yes, I enjoy the banter. They usually insult my play or call me names. I usually get the better of them, as I am quick on my feet.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually keep the window on the tournament stats page, but I admit that sometimes I will check out the chat after a bad play works out for someone.

It's fun sometimes to see if someone freaks out and starts hammering out things like MORON or IDIOT in the chat. If I'm in the mood it can be fun to troll them by saying things like, "Are you OK? You seem pretty upset." :D

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people use it as a strategy to get people to play like they wouldn't, but I find it cheap. Sometimes I'll say nh ty but that's about it. The mute button is a nice feature we can all use

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not use chat while I am playing. I prefer to keep concentrating on my game.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often engage players in chat, yes absolutely. If they are being mean, I try to "push their buttons" a bit. If they are being nice, I give them the courtesy of a similarly nice response.

But I know I'm different from the average poker player, in the sense that I am not playing this game to "get rich" like most others are... I am playing poker for enjoyment, for entertainment, and for the challenge of trying to win a very competitive game.

So I really don't care if I give away information about myself when I chat. I don't worry about it even tho I certainly realize my best choice is to remain silent and not let anyone possibly get a read on me and how I think at the table and what my personality or attitude may be. I just don't care, because I don't care about money and I never will care about it.

I always tell people that "Poker is a social game", it is not a game played by robots (well, some are robots, yes of course, but that's not what I mean)... online players don't recognize the social aspect of the game of poker, but live players realize this fact every time they play. It's why the online players are wearing hoodies and sunglasses when they play at a live poker game, its because online players have no conception of the fact that poker is a game played by real people, and real humans are social creatures. The online players are much more like robots, they think hiding themselves behind a wall is the best way to play the game. I couldn't disagree more with that, but that's just me.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, I do not respond to comments online, because I have my chat disabled.

I want to focus solely on my gameplay.

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to pay attention to comments when playing online, it is very distracting from thoughts, the enemy can use your distracted attention, I recommend disabling chat during the game:)

M

Master_nolios

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I have my address box to know my poison and number of players left. I could car less what people aresaying. My favorite is the usual AIPF call with aces to 10,3 off or something simular. They seem to talk the most. Or the obvious donk pushing everyone hand. I'll call with A,k to A,just to see 7,3 off. They hit. Those talk the most.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to ignore what people are typing online. I find that more often than not, it's not civil and usually just people spouting off about how crap someone is for calling their hand or something.

Besides that point, I find taking time out to type a response etc. is distracting and causes me to lose focus, which is never a good thing.

I've also disabled the throwables on pokerstars as well for the same reason. It's distracting more than anything else and I'd rather be concentrating on the game.

T

Tails97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally never reply to anything and just ignore it.
Helps prevent tilt

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if there are funny and adequate players in the chat, I can talk to them a little. It can be very interesting sometimes.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to pay attention to comments when playing online, it is very distracting from thoughts, the enemy can use your distracted attention, I recommend disabling chat during the game:)

apparently you have a very weak concentration on the game, if you can be distracted by the usual comment in the chat, I sympathize

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I never check chat place , all my chat is always hidden. So i really dont see what others are speaking

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't like answering anyone at the table when I'm playing, especially when the opponent starts writing nonsense and starts offending.
Hello!:ciao:
I don't speak English and I don't understand it well, and during the game there is basically no time to translate messages. But if such an opportunity arises, I translate what was written to me, but I respond mainly with the help of emoticons.:top:

Top 10 Games