Do you respond to comments in a game online?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
negative comments ,I tend to ignore because it will distract me

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of the times my chat online is off , so i do not see comments if they were agianst me . If I see a comment insulting my gameplay I do not pay attention to it . If he insults me I will inform CC , or if it's not a CC game , i will inform the pokerroom to take action against him , I have done it thrice in the past .....

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never respond to trash talking, in poker, or in any other game.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It has happened to me that sometimes when I play for value and make garbage fall into their hands,
they get upset and start insulting, but I don't get down to their level and just block them
the chat, and they are also insulting each other, as I block them, I don't have to be listening or rather reading their low-level conversations, the only thing they do is they deconcentrate me from the game.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I sometimes do respond to comments but it's circumstantial. I despise trash talk, racism, swearing, spam, etc so in that case I try to kill their enthusiasm by writing back random stuff, funny things anything to make them feel awkward and leave them without responses. It normally kills the conversation quite quickly. On the other hand I enjoy a good off-poker-topic conversation with other genuinely nice people, and it's how I made friends. I like to joke around and sing along to lyrics that apply to certain situations and make others less tense so that everyone enjoys it. Some never do, that's life. But for some I make their day if they had a horrible day or something bad happened to them, or I can team up with someone to shut some racists up, and that's an achievement in itself. In GG's case I use a lot the thank you and sorry emojis. Why not be nice and respectful to someone whenever you can, right? Particularly when they have already donated (donated sounds nicer) you their hard earned money?

Last edited:
sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2, 3 tables. Therefore, it is not difficult for me to answer.

Pocketsizechris

Pocketsizechris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol

Why would I? I’m there to take your money not be your BFF. I think some people do it to throw you off ur game. You can tell real players no one is chatting at the table. lol 😂

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do find it distracting. But it is sometimes nice to chat intelligently with another player about a hand. It is also refreshing when people have good manners and ettiquite. However I cant help but get a few comments in when player makes a real bone-headed move and stacks me. It's hard to just say- good hand. If a player out plays me I will congratulate them. However to call my shove with a made hand with K high and catch running cards to beat me (which seems to happen often) I will say something.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. Chat is disabled. I had bad experiences.

Elena Kellemeshova

Elena Kellemeshova

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I show my avatar of a woman, a lot of idiots appear in the chat, especially from Ukraine, and begin to mock that a woman is playing

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the comments are adequate, then sometimes I respond. And I don't really want to respond to someone's rudeness.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually talk at the table anymore, sometimes I even talk a little more, just say nothing about talking

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all. 80% of the time they are not even related to the game! I do throw throwables though.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t reply. Because, I can´t type & play at the same time.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
basically I only answer if there are familiar players at the table

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I definitely enjoy interacting with other players. At the time of the game, this interaction is important to get to know my opponents better and this makes it easier to evaluate their plays and especially if they are bluffing. I always participate in conversations.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of course. I'll start a conversation w/players just to have someone to interact with. I think it gives it more of a "live" aspect, since I do prefer playing live. If I notice a player being an idiot to another player for nothing but playing poker I'll type some crap to get their attention and try to defuse the situation. Not trying to sound righteous or anything I just can't stand bullying idiots.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, but must comments are complaining comments. I will respond to and send nice hand comments but I usually just ignore the comments.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when someone is playing like a jerk donkey. I give a lil comment if I bust them.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
comments in online game

Only when someone is playing like a jerk donkey. I give a lil comment if I bust them.
I don't like to post comments while playing online. It gives away information. When I bust out a narcissist though I will post "I'm gonna miss him":eek:

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are being friendly then sure! I don’t engage with people who are just trash talking or trying to throw you off their game. No thanks!

Top 10 Games