Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess it all depends on the stakes played, doesn't it? I bet I'll be nervous on Sunday when playing PS 1 Million freeroll lol

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the game and stake! but yeah i am nervous, when I have a big draw ...

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
nervous depends what is the prize and the bad beats that i had well it's normal to be nervous

YoungBlackDude

YoungBlackDude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I no longer get nervous when playing a normal tournament etc. But when I play big buy in tournaments with big gtds it would be a lie to say im not nervous a little before and find myself having to spend the first 20-30 mins calming down my nerves during the game.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get nervous when i play, i could 3 barrel bluff all in and not be worried. but sometimes when i get monster like KK or AA... IF my adrenaline pumps before any action happens i get nervous cause i know!. it's a sign i'm going to lose the hand, but i ignore this sign every time.. get AA and my heart rate increases and i ask myself "Can you fold AA knowing we are about to lose a huge pot and be out of the tourney?" i still never fold it, happend 50 times to me or so over the years, always ends the same.. maybe someday i will obey the sign.

Last edited:
protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such situations the adrenaline pump. I used to come into a situation where I'm throwing hand AA but are already on the flop came K4K so it was for me the best solution since the opponent rise me on flop.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes is the best,but when i losing i nervous and than i don't know stop.I dont why but always is same

all angry when losing money !!! but when you play the evil it is 100% -)))))))) The best way to save money is to make a small pause !!!!!

Last edited:
protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all angry when losing money !!! but when you play the evil it is 100% -)))))))) The best way to save money is to make a small pause !!!!!

I agree with you, the only problem is that I rarely take a break if we do not go.As if that makes me something to play on, instead of a break of 30 min

Last edited:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never been nervous in a game. I get mad though if cards are just terrible the longer i go with no hands lol. I dont tilt but ya that puts me a little on edge after playing 5 hours go dead for an hour im like really lol.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I'm defending in live poker. I'm terrible at counting chips LOL so it's probably a huge tell when I'm counting. I don't play much LIVE... mainly online.

myrelmyr

myrelmyr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and I innervated me but then lose the most .... so it would be better to be calm as possible:D

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. It is impossible to stay calm during the game.

BubbleWizard

BubbleWizard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every once in a while when I get a bad beat like I'm holding AK, flop is AK7, opponent is holding Q3. He goes all in, I call and i'm pretty happy about the double up until you see 2x QQ in the runner runner.

I smash my fist into the desk, take a moment to calm down and move on.

D

Dmitrii Kopylov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get nervous, especially when the big bet and the hand is not the best...

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when pot is huge and I think I should win but .. you never can be sure.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel nervous in two stages of the juice when I am about to enter the bubble to classify the prizes and when I reach final stages or final mensa are the two stages where I get a little nervous, if I'm online I smoke a cigarette and a glass Of water to relax and if it is offline I stop and stretch my legs a little in the final stages those nerves if they do not pass me is when I lose by the mistakes I make

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i'm very emotional player.but I realize it and I try to reduce consequences, so, for example, after unpleasant situations I try than to distract that to avoid mistakes.
a little my addiction - smoking helps with it.

Floyd1994

Floyd1994

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nervouse? Not really, well most of the time im not, so it depends on the situation.
Angry? More often then i like.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on where im at in the game and how much is at stake. In a freeroll i dont care, well i want to win but it dont affect me! When its gets down to the final two in a cash game i cant sit still i need to work on that!!

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ooh yes.Sometimes i can defeat WITH MY AA LOSING 5 6 SUITED then i was very angry and nervous.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking the same thing the other night when I was playing live. I'm pretty good at generally hiding my nervousness, but I think everybody gets a little nervous when pulling off a massive bet or wondering if they're going to lose a huge pot.

I notice I tilt more and get more frustrated when I play online. Maybe because live you can't really yell at the table like you yell at your monitor. :) I'm definitely less nervous online obviously but feel much more comfortable live when someone beats me or sucks out.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No I am not nervous when I play, I am calm. You do not earn anything from being nervous.

Zokac71

Zokac71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation .... if you will map, just stop, and just throw cards until you pass ....

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I nervous then i have, lets say A & K and one of player raise all in i agres and him have 2 & 3 and in flop or else falls him card, and of me nothing. Him lucky, my nervous...

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But the nerves are present. Where the same without them