Do you like to chat while you play or do you only use it to discharge your anger and

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chat rarely. Observing chat is part of the constant scan for tells. Sometimes, how another person uses chat gives information that can be exploited.

One example of an exception:. there's an English player I run into in cash games who always types GL (for good luck) when she enters a game. I type BL (for bad luck). That gets a laugh emoji.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Считаю это занятие бесполезным во время игры. Возможно, это помогает некоторым игрокам блефовать. Если вы играете сразу за несколькими столами, качественно общаться в чате очень сложно.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes i use it, but most of time its only trashtalk ;)

Random1609

Random1609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely communicate with other players, as I do not know English, and I do not wan

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a rule for the chat, normally I only use it when it is a freeroll or when I meet a good acquaintance at the tables and I want to say hello for a moment, otherwise in large ticket tournaments I prefer to stay out of the conversations and if I do find myself at tables where they fight a lot, I block the chat.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to talk, I think it gets in the way, and I agree with you when you say that people are rude

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the point in making short comments on the online table?

I mean, live it is ok. Most live players are actually there for the pleasure of having fun playing and a banter.

But, online? I dont see the point. And if it is only to aggro onto others it is even worse.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
its depend's. sometimes i like make a trash talk and making others players crazy.

second time i turn off chatbox and only think how to make a better move not a better joke.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Online my talk is practically nil in a
face-to-face live game, it is part of the game, a good talk seems to me, and if someone gets angry it becomes strategy

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly too many rude arses out there behind their computer screens at online poker. I learned a long time ago best to just ignore/not answer any chat. I can chat with my friends while I'm playing online.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to say "don't quit your day job" when one of these go all in every hand with 100BBs busts out.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to socialize with the international supermodels at my table.

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All members

I am to chat if the talk is kind and bearable, it does not make sense to answer questions or give answers to someone who is not well

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very irritating when people chat when playing poker and turn it off for this reason as well.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use chat. or very rarely. but someone likes it.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much don't talk at all when I am playing. And you are right, there is definitely a lot of rudeness out there.

Funny story: One time I was in a SNG and it was just me and one other player left. I ended up winning but right before the game closed, I took a look at the chat box (which I always hide). It turns out that person wished me good luck at the beginning of the heads-up match but he/she got offended that I didn't say good luck back. The next few messages were basically taunts and insults. LOL. Moral of the story is don't be offended if someone ignores you in the chat. They probably just have it turned off.

LOL that's so funny. Didn't occur to them you might not have chat on. Takes the sincerity out of the good luck if they're then going to go on the rant if they think they are being ignored.

D

dcosendey10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am playing I don't chat. I preffer be attenction on the game.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't chat at all when I play and generally nobody else does either. If anybody does get chatty then the "silent majority" generally takes that as their cue to jump all over him or her. Not my cup of tea, either way.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, I don't like to chat while playing online, its too much of a distraction. However, I do like to chat while playing in person, I use it as a strategy tactic.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use chat very seldom because I don't speak English. But sometimes my wife helps me with English. I usually use smiles :)

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't chat. I pay attention to betting patterns.