Do you change your style?

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In short yes. Firstly in cash games I normally go in with a low amount and play until I build a percentage profit. It can have two effects, one I can be bullied early on or some will be weary. Either way I have a low bankroll and am only playing for sport. I will also alter dependant on what I observe of the players at the table. In tournaments the goal is the long game of getting to the money and I tend to be initially conservative but sometimes my mood changes. Generally I feel if you don't change your style you become easier to read, but I'm no pro and have a micro bank roll at stake, so I could be very wrong. At the end of it all, if I'm not "feeling it" I can always walk away.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to be unpredictable for my opponents - this is the key to successful earnings. Predictability occurs when a player in identical situations makes the same decisions, which are noticed by observant opponents and begin to use them against him.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often change my playstyle,depending on my opponents

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Of course, my style of play changes, depending on the discipline,for example, in MTT I have an aggressive approach at the initial stage in depth,in the far pass I already calm down and start playing tighter, and in the cache I have little knowledge,I always play on the hand)

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play AA and KK. QQ if I'm feeling really aggressive.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is important to change the style when we play for a long time at a cash table, or even, in long sit-downs, because that way the opponent will always be confused about his next move, making it more difficult for the other opponents at the table.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofcourse, most of the MTTs, you start with 100-160bbs and with 2 hours you just have 20-40bbs
In cash games you have 100bbs all of the time
And some another reasons

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my game in cash tables and MTT is completely different...but I prefer the cache more

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play Mtt and sit & go. most games here on Cardschat, as most players know each other so I try not to be predictable

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I really don't change my poker style when I play different games.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest shifts in my style come from the size of the chip stacks and the style of my opponents.

With big stacks, I'm playing loose and trying to hit big flops with small pairs and suited connectors. With small stacks, my small pairs and suited connectors are going into the muck.

I also shift my play to be the opposite of my opponents. If my table is playing loose, I'm playing tight. If the table is tight, I'm playing loose.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you change the way you play online when you jump from Cash type game to a MTT or a SNG. I dont see much difference other than the ICM makes you play super tighter. But ultimatly it feels like i play the same on all three different game styles. Good thoughts maybe i can learn something.
For me, these are different games! MTT is more of a push fold, and cash is more of a post-flop game!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah I play different/ They are not the same games.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Changing the style of the game is very important to me, especially when we play with the same players who quickly gather information about your game. Often the blind level forces us to change the style of the game, otherwise we lose.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At each table I would say, each player has his own style, but nothing too complex, a note here and there.

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally don't see also any difference between the three types

G

gio1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the way you play online change when you go from a cash game to an MTT or SNG? I don't see much of a difference other than the ICM that makes you play super tight. But ultimately, it seems like I play the same thing across all three different playstyles. Good thoughts, maybe I can learn something.

my playing style is always maintained hahaha I know it shouldn't be like that but for some moments and playing slowly but surely it always works out for me, otherwise if I wouldn't always lose with every hand I play but as I read on this page It is advisable to change the style to avoid a play against the more planned hands:smile:

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the feelings and daily experience. Also fatigue affects me in the way i canf focus..

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, you can't always use the same strategy.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes , I usually change style depending on sng/mtt phase I am in or to adapt on opponents game style

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most of the times, depending on the game, players, table, momentum etc

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the end it ends up being the same game. Mentally I don't like to change a lot, in this situation.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you play very well when you can to keep your strategy until end of the game.
Yesterday I was play a tornament and when I was less 20BB I exganged my modal of to play and I could see that it is a bad exchange.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many different situations in poker games.

Stacks and opponents always influence the style i play.

A

admiralrp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya each table and player is different, most of the times big stacks try to bully the table