Can't understand Twitch Poker players...

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching Jamie Staples on twitch and noticed his name in the poker game was his real name and he was playing in a tournament...this made me think, since the poker game is also online, what's to stop his opponents opening up his stream and watching what his hole cards are?? It made me think the game must be rigged for him.

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is easy answer - delay. His opponents see his cards after only two minutes after hand's finish. :)

Oh is that an option in twitch to have a really long delay? My gf broadcasts on twitch and the delay is only 2-10 seconds. Normally less rather than more. A hand can be anything from a few minutes to several minutes so it'd have to be a really big delay.

In any case, seeing the card he just had would still give a huge advantage to his opponents. They'd be seeing his cards on every fold instead of only on showdown, so they'd know if he just bluffed or whatever. You must be new to poker if you don't know that even just that would give a huge advantage to his opponents..

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are not fool they show their stram after 5 minutes so nobody can track them you think that they show their hands in the world !

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh is that an option in twitch to have a really long delay? My gf broadcasts on twitch and the delay is only 2-10 seconds. Normally less rather than more. A hand can be anything from a few minutes to several minutes so it'd have to be a really big delay.

In any case, seeing the card he just had would still give a huge advantage to his opponents. They'd be seeing his cards on every fold instead of only on showdown, so they'd know if he just bluffed or whatever. You must be new to poker if you don't know that even just that would give a huge advantage to his opponents..

I know this information is important.:) But if they know his cards within hand it's too bad for Jamie. Really I'm not sure about exact time delay but I remembered poker in the ears freerolls and then delay was really more than 1 minute.
But huge advantage you talk exists sure. But is it big problem for him? I don't think all players want to watch stream for this.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can be done because the Twitch transmissions have a one minute delay.

Regards.

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can be done because the Twitch transmissions have a one minute delay.

Regards.

This delay feature was something I didn't know about, although I looked it up and it's certainly not automatic, you have to set it yourself. Obviously one minute would be way too little though, you'd see hands before they'd ended at the river with only one minute on most hands.

But like I say, they can still see the hands at the end which goes against Daniel Negreanu's first golden rule of never showing your cards. But at least there is a way to avoid them looking during the hand.

Tamik228

Tamik228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched Jamie Staples jerked and saw his name in the game of poker was his real name, and he played in the tournament ... it got me thinking, as well as a game of poker online, that to stop his opponents , opening its flow and watching what his hole cards ?? It made me think that the game has to be faked for him.
Stream players play with a delay of 3-5 minutes and therefore they can not see the real distribution that was before. I wish you development in poker and understanding in the game.:icon_thum

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stream players play with a delay of 3-5 minutes and therefore they can not see the real distribution that was before. I wish you development in poker and understanding in the game.:icon_thum

No certainly not, with 3 minutes you'd possibly see the end of some hands. There seems to be no limit so it'd be more likely something like 8-10 minutes to be safe. But anyway it would still give them a disadvantage knowing when they'd bluffed and when they hadn't so I'm sure everyone does view other people's streams. Therefore personally I would never stream any really important games...

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching Jamie Staples on twitch and noticed his name in the poker game was his real name and he was playing in a tournament...this made me think, since the poker game is also online, what's to stop his opponents opening up his stream and watching what his hole cards are?? It made me think the game must be rigged for him.
hi hi
the answers are correct a poker streamer, manually sets the delay and its usually 3-5 minutes... so you watching a stream see past history, what happened 5 minutes ago
but you also absolutely correct, know what starting hands he opened / folded gives the opposition an advantage... but that advantage is available to all potential players who watch a pros stream, or the many archived video clips and they will quickly learn how the guy plays

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because they make more money from their Twitch channels than poker.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the streamers put a 5 minute delay on it or so it don't matter if they see after the hand has ended, No 1 would stream poker with no delay that would be a brainless move.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good afternoon. Streamers playing poker and playing bets use a delay of five minutes or maybe even ten.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely the answer to your question has already been given (I did not read the posts below), but the stream goes with a delay of up to several minutes. So it's safe for streamers. But ... you can track their behavior at the table in various game situations. I do not think that at small limits someone will do it =)

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think its counter-intuitive to broadcast your gameplay in poker while showing both your hole cards, regardless of the time delay. For all you know, everyone in your table could be watching your transmission, which is nothing less than a dumb idea. If your enemy knows your style and betting patterns, you're probably going to have a bad time.

I have seen other streamers that "hide" their hole cards with a popup window, only showing them on interesting/fun scenarios... And also when they upload their content on YouTube. But the rest of the time, they don't show their cards to avoid stream sniping.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this is the real answer.

No it is not yes they do make money and what that does is reduce their cost to play so their profits are higher . Most streamers use a program such as OSB studio where you can set delay for as long as you want quite often between 5 to 7 minutes because of time constraints of online poker this is a lot . They also do not worry about if players get notes form seeing hands afterward as you can do that at most sites any ways or with a HUD . The only Streamers who make good money Streaming are the good ones who play high buy ins and run deep often . They are making no where near as much streaming as they do Playing poker

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see them anyways

Lol this is the real answer.

I also think its counter-intuitive to broadcast your gameplay in poker while showing both your hole cards, regardless of the time delay. For all you know, everyone in your table could be watching your transmission, which is nothing less than a dumb idea. If your enemy knows your style and betting patterns, you're probably going to have a bad time.

I have seen other streamers that "hide" their hole cards with a popup window, only showing them on interesting/fun scenarios... And also when they upload their content on YouTube. But the rest of the time, they don't show their cards to avoid stream sniping.

Half the sites let you look at hand reviews and see your oponents cards after the hand any ways and those that allow HUDs allow it through the HUD so there is no difference as The players playing the bigger tournaments all use HUDs

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Twitch streamers.

There is a delay on every players stream. I have a 2 minute to 3 minute delay on my stream. Come watch. My name on there is JBCD71. That's my channel ( Johnny Aces Poker TV)
Come check it out. And its not rigged.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have few online friends for poker. They have 5 mins delay.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the streamers put a 5 minute delay on it or so it don't matter if they see after the hand has ended, No 1 would stream poker with no delay that would be a brainless move.
Agree also They are sniping too :p

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never watch twitch poker ,but I know there is a 4 to 5 min delay streaming.

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it is not yes they do make money and what that does is reduce their cost to play so their profits are higher . Most streamers use a program such as OSB studio where you can set delay for as long as you want quite often between 5 to 7 minutes because of time constraints of online poker this is a lot . They also do not worry about if players get notes form seeing hands afterward as you can do that at most sites any ways or with a HUD . The only Streamers who make good money Streaming are the good ones who play high buy ins and run deep often . They are making no where near as much streaming as they do Playing poker

Yes 5-7 minutes would reasonable, unlike all the weird answers before with 1-2 minutes, but even then 5-7 minutes is still far from ideal. It might be alright if you're playing against bad players, but against a good player there would still be a huge advantage. Most hands don't go to showdown so you barely ever see if your opponent raises with AK or how often he bluffs etc. This information would be invaluable. 5-7 minutes is nothing in a cash game that could go on all day.

Btw there seem to be so many bots on this site? Look at all the weird answers in this thread just repeating what's already been said countless times before...:confused:

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes 5-7 minutes would reasonable, unlike all the weird answers before with 1-2 minutes, but even then 5-7 minutes is still far from ideal. It might be alright if you're playing against bad players, but against a good player there would still be a huge advantage. Most hands don't go to showdown so you barely ever see if your opponent raises with AK or how often he bluffs etc. This information would be invaluable. 5-7 minutes is nothing in a cash game that could go on all day.

Btw there seem to be so many bots on this site? Look at all the weird answers in this thread just repeating what's already been said countless times before...:confused:

online you have short clocks so everybody at the table would have to run their clocks out and you still would not make 5 minutes . This never will happen . Good Players gather no more information than they already have available to them so how do they gain any advantage

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They know that they know that they know about their cards after the delay, so I guess the streamers adapt to that.