Can't understand Twitch Poker players...

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's also options to have whole cards covered with a graphic although i dunno how they do it. i see several streamers do this but if their goal is to teach ppl how they play why do this...all the streamers i watch there's a delay

W

whyndam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online you have short clocks so everybody at the table would have to run their clocks out and you still would not make 5 minutes . This never will happen . Good Players gather no more information than they already have available to them so how do they gain any advantage

Ok obviously you know a lot less than I thought. I mean you can look at a hand from 5 minutes ago and keep a note of it - you don't even make notes? All good players should keep notes of the hands they play anyway. I even watched a twitch player who was checking what his opponent had after the hand in this way because it's useful information. You'll learn more about it as you progress in your poker learning journey.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok obviously you know a lot less than I thought. I mean you can look at a hand from 5 minutes ago and keep a note of it - you don't even make notes? All good players should keep notes of the hands they play anyway. I even watched a twitch player who was checking what his opponent had after the hand in this way because it's useful information. You'll learn more about it as you progress in your poker learning journey.

OK obviously you don't get it ALL GOOD players online use a HUD The HUD allows me to not only look at your cards after a hand even if you don't show them but also shows me what you have done for the last 3000 hands I have played against you If you have that many notes on me by the time you finish looking through your box of books containing notes and read the 4 binders you have on me the hand will be over and you folded. If you use PT4 it has a note caddy too . Now I not only have information on you from last hand or since you have been at my table I I have every hand I have seen you play at my tables for as long as I have had a Hud so no I'm not to concered about the little bit of information you get by watching my stream

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK obviously you don't get it ALL GOOD players online use a HUD The HUD allows me to not only look at your cards after a hand even if you don't show them but also shows me what you have done for the last 3000 hands I have played against you If you have that many notes on me by the time you finish looking through your box of books containing notes and read the 4 binders you have on me the hand will be over and you folded. If you use PT4 it has a note caddy too . Now I not only have information on you from last hand or since you have been at my table I I have every hand I have seen you play at my tables for as long as I have had a Hud so no I'm not to concered about the little bit of information you get by watching my stream
A bit aggressive, but I definitely agree with this comment.

Sure, one can recheck the hand on stream to see what his opponent had a few minutes ago, but that's a tad time consuming. You actually have to know that the player is streaming, open his channel, tune in and watch as you play your 7 to 12 tournaments online which is quite fast pace.

The only time where I'd see that happening is during huge tournaments such as the 5.2k WCOOP or others akin. During those special events, even the streamers will increase their delay just to be safe. Fintan aka EasyWithAces used a 7 minutes delay for that tournament. Even so, I believe that the reason behind this increase is mainly because those playing that humongous tournament may be only playing that 1 and nothing else to focus as much as they can on every hand, hence having more time to try and snip or analyze their opponent stream if any at all.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stream delay)) But any case it gives an advantage to streamers opps. They can figure out tactics streamers tactics.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching Jamie Staples on twitch and noticed his name in the poker game was his real name and he was playing in a tournament...this made me think, since the poker game is also online, what's to stop his opponents opening up his stream and watching what his hole cards are?? It made me think the game must be rigged for him.

I did notice one time on partypoker I was playing against someone who was streaming, can't remember but there was a tiny symbol beside their name. Even though there was a delay I did find it interesting to see what cards he had.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
the answers are correct a poker streamer, manually sets the delay and its usually 3-5 minutes... so you watching a stream see past history, what happened 5 minutes ago
but you also absolutely correct, know what starting hands he opened / folded gives the opposition an advantage... but that advantage is available to all potential players who watch a pros stream, or the many archived video clips and they will quickly learn how the guy plays

I wouldn't like to give this much information way but it doesn't necessarily help knowing how they play as long as you cannot counter it. They play a lot of hands the same way. The may bet the same way when hitting an ace to missing it, to making a random bluff or betting a pair the same way to a semi-bluff.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes 5-7 minutes would reasonable, unlike all the weird answers before with 1-2 minutes, but even then 5-7 minutes is still far from ideal. It might be alright if you're playing against bad players, but against a good player there would still be a huge advantage. Most hands don't go to showdown so you barely ever see if your opponent raises with AK or how often he bluffs etc. This information would be invaluable. 5-7 minutes is nothing in a cash game that could go on all day.

Btw there seem to be so many bots on this site? Look at all the weird answers in this thread just repeating what's already been said countless times before...:confused:

Cannot anybody wasting their time to program a bot to make comments on a chat site. Makes no sense. To play poker to steal peoples cash yes, but not for this. Also it would need an understanding of the English language and be able to respond to questions unlike poker bots which will be a maths algorithm.