Best time to play

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play is when you have free time and can play uninterruptedly, when you are thinking clearly and when you can play the best games available for you.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Morning is the best time to play poker in Sri Lanka.The reason is that it is midnight in Europe,usa and it is early in the morning in Sri Lanka

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hottest parties always start in the evening. But more important, in my opinion, is not the abundance of weak players, but my own attitude towards the game. No negative thoughts - all problems are away for this time. Im fully focused, but not tense. Like a Buddhist pokermonk)

SRNegras

SRNegras

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play poker is when you identify that your brain is rested and that you are able to reason well, regardless of the time of day. I've had several experiences in which I really wanted to play poker to distract myself, but my brain was already tired. There's no other, it's a miss for sure

A

Adakain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easier for me to play at night, there are more players recruited at this time, so it's even more interesting.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you are fully awake and alert, and your opponents are tired/sleepy

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to play is whatever time the weakest players are playing. In my opinion this means weekends and weeknights, which are the times when players might be doing sub-optimal things to hurt their games, such as drinking alcohol. :) Of course, since poker is a worldwide game, if it is nighttime by you, it might not be nighttime elsewhere, so you can't just go by your own local clock.

However, for me, 7am east coast US time is a poor choice to play poker, because very few people are getting drunk and playing poker right after they wake up. LOL Adding 6 to 8 hours in order to see what time it might be in Europe, well its still only 1pm to 3pm and players there are probably still sleeping from last night's poker session. :) So for me, 7am my time is a terrible time to try to play poker, I'll be playing almost entirely against other regulars and competent players which is not the optimal formula for success. It doesn't mean I won't play, I'll always play at any time because I love to play poker... but it means I won't be spending a lot of my bankroll, I'll drop down in stakes and more-or-less just play purely for fun and for putting in hand volume so I continue to add to my experience in the game.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know what it is but I always have the best luck at night. Any time I run super deep it seems it’s after 8 at night. My wins have all been finished at like 4am

korg86

korg86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me-best time to play in the evning after work

M

ManiakKK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win and play smart sleep whole day after work log in at 4 am and you will see 10 same players who cheat or are drunk and loose.
Ted Mosby said nothing good happened after 2 am.

Unless you are sober rested and have decent bankroll.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time for me to play poker is anytime I get free time. After the daily duties of work and spending time with the family after that is my time and I don't see a better way to spend the time.

H

Hcd91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time of day for online poker

I've noticed that early mornings for me are a bit softer than late nights and afternoons...maybe because the only people playing either just woke up or have been up LOL

kiso777

kiso777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best time for play 7-10am, this best time for me

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all I can tell you is avoid weekends it seems to be all drunken fools. pokerstars is the worst. I call it donk sunday

I could not disagree more.

Not about weekends or w/e, but about playing drunks and donks. Put me on a table of drunks vs a table of regs any day of the week.

Why would you NOT like to play against drunks?

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like to play in the evenings when there are calmer conditions.
But in my experience, they play less in the morning and opponents are also easier to beat.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it best to play late nights, play when all the recreational players are on and not the mornings when grinders and nits are playing. Playing with the casuals is where you win the most.

J

Jonb0324

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think later in the night the better. Early morning's are also good. They're are less donkeys at those times.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time

The best time is when you wake up. You have a clear mind and you won't feel tired if you play a long lasting tournament

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say the best time to play, is during the day. There's more you can do during the day.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me best time to play is morning in Russia. At this time there are my darling players( usa, canada, brazil, uk.) It is very sweety.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play later in the afternoon on Americas card room because there is a lot more traffic and I feel like the competition is a little bit better as well. I like playing the 55 cent sit and go games because I usually do pretty well in them