Best days/times to play online

P

pokernomad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,
I seem to win more money when I play on weekday nights vs weekends.
I'm based in Europe and somehow, playing weekday nights I tend to show profits in most of my sessions. But when I play on weekends it's a different story.

Any thoughts on player pools on weekdays/weeknights vs weekends? And how to adapt playing style based on the day/time of the day?
I play NL10/25 6 max

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey all,
I'm based in Europe and somehow, playing weekday nights I tend to show profits in most of my sessions. But when I play on weekends it's a different story.

Any thoughts on player pools on weekdays/weeknights vs weekends? And how to adapt playing style based on the day/time of the day?
I play NL10/25 6 max
Man, I had that impression too. Since I'm a recreational/beginner player, I try to play at night until almost dawn, since I work during the day. I believe that those who play during the day and during the week are professional players, most are people who live from poker, therefore they are stronger players. logically they are not absolutely all professionals, but I believe that the vast majority are professionals. that way it becomes more challenging for novice players like me. Mind you, I'm just talking about myself as a beginner. 😅

Juancii

Juancii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I think that most of bad players play more frequently on weekends, while the strong ones are more likely to play on week days.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to win on Friday nights. Generally, on 888 pools are biggest in the evenings (euopean time).

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I seems no logic, strong player must play with weak player to maximize profit?
I believe that professional players have a work/game routine, well stipulated and generally play daily as a normal worker performs his activities in his work. in addition, the buyin levels are certainly different, that is, higher. I'm not sure about that, I just think it should be like this

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only when I have free time. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to choose a day when to play and when not to play. At the first opportunity, I simply take part in my favorite tournaments.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that most of bad players play more frequently on weekends, while the strong ones are more likely to play on week days.
I also think that way. if i were a professional gamer i would certainly go to work/play daily during the day. evenings and weekends would be for rest and other leisure activities, etc.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play only when I have free time. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to choose a day when to play and when not to play. At the first opportunity, I simply take part in my favorite tournaments.
man, I also have this dilemma, I work a lot during the day and when I have free time I play a little, so I have studied poker theory very little. After all, when I have free time, I enjoy playing. but i should study a little more and play less

Juancii

Juancii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
man, I also have this dilemma, I work a lot during the day and when I have free time I play a little, so I have studied poker theory very little. After all, when I have free time, I enjoy playing. but i should study a little more and play less
The difficult art of studying :ROFLMAO:, i feel representated by this. The fun part is playing, but study is 100% necessary if you want to really make a difference. We are pretty much in the same way. Good luck!

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The difficult art of studying :ROFLMAO:, i feel representated by this. The fun part is playing, but study is 100% necessary if you want to really make a difference. We are pretty much in the same way. Good luck!
In my case it's lack of time. Studying has always been a routine for me. To get where I am, in my profession, it took many years of dedication and studies, many sleepless nights studying. My problem is when I have free time, after a full day of work, I prioritize playing poker itself, leaving the theoretical part in the background. 😅

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
but you are absolutely right. you only evolve in poker if you study more than play

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey all,

I play NL10/25 6 max
Being retired I can play whenever I want, but I suppose the reason for better results during the week could come down to the fact that fewer players are On-line during the week because of work commitment, and of course at the weekends there are more players On-line, So the odds on winning or losing become greater.
There is also the Time difference to take into account, Players that are On-line in other Countries further East of your location are obviously hours ahead of you so it could be 7.00 pm where you live and Midnight the further East you go or even the Early hours of the next day.
Players that are further West of course could be playing at Midday or early morning.
I have a Friend who believes it is better to play in the Evening here in the UK as the Players further East have probably drank a Skinful of Vodka and the Players further West have only just woke up and are still drowsy, It works for him!:)

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey all,

I play NL10/25 6 max
I play NL10 cash games and I can say for sure that I win the most money on Friday and Saturday, I rarely play on Sunday, so I don't have clear statistics. First of all, there are significantly more players on Friday and Saturday than on weekdays, because most people start their weekends, and secondly, these players are not professionals, they just play for fun and often do it while being drunk. So because of these factors, I try to play on these days the most.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Interesting... Like most ppl posting here, I think that on weekdays, you may encounter more regular and serious players who are focused on grinding and making consistent profits. Weekends, on the other hand, tend to attract a broader range of players, including recreational ones who are looking to unwind and have some fun. So this observation of yours may be inconsequential i believe.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends. For tournaments I prefer to play on weekends, because they usually have special tournamets with more recreational players. For cash games (I play micro stakes), I prefer to on week days, because I've already know most of the regular players.

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,
I seem to make more money when I play Monday through Friday nights than on weekends.
I live in Europe and, somehow, when I play Monday through Friday nights I tend to get benefits from most of my sessions. But when I play on the weekends it's another story.

Any ideas about player groups on weekdays/weeknights versus weekends? And how do you adapt your style of play depending on the day/time of day?
Set NL10/25 6 max.
What poker room do you play at lately? We could get some statistics out of it, maybe it's that you feel more comfortable or more focused, it's possibly the algorithm of the program that you understand it best... these are factors that can influence.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you should play in the morning when all people want to sleep and using this you just make money from bad players and good players play big tournaments and play on Saturday and Sunday because a lot of fans will play that day, and of course there will be strong players too, but there will be more bad players so you can earn money

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me the best days are the weekends and the best time in the morning normally.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to play in the evening and at night. There is not always such an opportunity, but in general I like playing at night the most. The day of the week doesn't matter to me.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
weekends , at night , these are the best times to play . at weekends there are many games to choose and play , better prizepools

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I started playing online back in '08 I found it more profitable to play any time after 8pm. I think because I'm in the central time zone that's when the west coast players were logging on and the rest of the country already had a few drinks in them so there were a lot of "loosey-goosey" players.
I think that here lately the evening games are still a little fishy, but the weekend games are just juicy. ACR has been a hot spot.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all,

I play NL10/25 6 max
On weekends, all the regulars wake up, some only play Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think this is the reason for your failures.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any time your heart desires. The main thing is to sit down at the table in a good mood.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Nice. Good observations I play weekends.