Becoming a professional gambler and Poker player.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Anybody planning this good luck and may the odds be with you. This is the path I have chosen. It has been a hard process especially the last year but even more rewarding is the freedom it brings. My bankroll is empty due to non gambling non poker related issues but I don't mind I like the challenge life has presented me with. I have a chance to take a wagey pay job and build a bankroll and I am torn. On one hand the money will be easy and guaranteed on the other I do not want to P off or confuse the Universe about my intentions or desires. I accept eating chocolate digestives for breakfast when its rough because I remember waking up in a hotel after a night to remember surrounded by beauty. Do any members have any advice? I am so bankrupt it is funny thank God for freerolls and donkeys or I would have starved man! haha I would not change a thing I am not complaining here. Should I slum it some more or take the job?
You know the right thing to do.it’s your life you know what you can do.your weaknesses and your strengths. Thank god is right life is about luck 🍀 and hard work.so find something that you are ok or if your lucky something that you love ❤️ to do.just know this there are worst of that you.you are alive.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If this is the path you want to choice I wish you the best of luck. Just remember this. what you are about to enbark on will take a lot of work.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't be stupid.
Take the Job first, poker is not something that is stable enough, for you to have a 10 buy in br and pay the bills.
Or to go from freeroll to paycheck and do i every week is unreasonable

Lets not also forget the chance you won't even be able to withdraw.
Doesn't matter how good you are
This game will break you

Last edited:
siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play for fun and pleasure, because my training is something I really like, I wouldn't give up to live off poker, because I could get sick of playing in the future, I prefer it to be a hobby!

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read, watch, practice and do physical exercises as well

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It seems to me that the author of this post does not need advice, but only attention to his person. Because it all looks in the style of "how to complain so that it turns out to brag" ..))

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Working sucks! Ask me how I know!
I appreciate everyone's advice and I know the practical thing to do is take the job. I went to the interview an accepted the job I am meant to start mid August. I do however agree that working sucks so I am asking you dude. If you know how please show me the path.
Bankroll at 888 is now $10.51 from freerolls and GG $12.75 so I am grinding that up to my $300 target while I go back to work unless divine intervention saves me.

Bankroll management is the biggest factor
I agree its the most important thing, I prefer 100 buy ins I am very good with managing my BR it was that damned court case to get access to my boy its wiped me out. I've been comfortable for so long from gambling and poker that it is really hard for me to go back to a factory but I'll do whatever it takes to get it all back and more.

It seems to me that the author of this post does not need advice, but only attention to his person. Because it all looks in the style of "how to complain so that it turns out to brag" ..))
Nice. And yes eating Jammy dodgers for breakfast dinner and tea and counting how many I had was the icing on the cake that is my life for the last year. I just had to tell everybody to prove how great a life I was living so they would all be the jealous that my wife left and denied me my son. This thread is about rising from the ashes with help from people who have walked that path already. I put this here for a reason, to get help. You are not helping anybody by posting that.

I always find it weird when "pros" have horrible sharkscopes, its like who are you lying to?
I find it weird when people can't read English. Professional Gambler AND poker player. Does it say pro poker player? I play Live by the way at Dusk til Dawn in Nottingham, Leos in Liverpool, Hull Grosvenor and I'm going Ept Prague in December? You going? Or you staying here to make sarcy little comments on cardschat? I literally said I am gonna build a bankroll online from freerolls in this thread. I have never deposited since my first deposit in 2018 every penny I've ever won online was from my initial £20. I play 1/2 Cash Live and am very wary of depositing online because of stealth observer etc but I am willing to grind it up for free and give it a whirl but all with the ultimate aim of getting back to playing live cash poker.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Nice. And yes eating Jammy dodgers for breakfast dinner and tea and counting how many I had was the icing on the cake that is my life for the last year. I just had to tell everybody to prove how great a life I was living so they would all be the jealous that my wife left and denied me my son. This thread is about rising from the ashes with help from people who have walked that path already. I put this here for a reason, to get help. You are not helping anybody by posting that.
Should I feel sorry for you? It certainly won't help.. You brought yourself into this situation, so why ask others for help instead of realizing what's going on and why?

CheckDisOut

CheckDisOut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I feel sorry for you? It certainly won't help.. You brought yourself into this situation, so why ask others for help instead of realizing what's going on and why?
Why should you feel sorry for him? Maybe I misunderstood but it seems dude is living his life.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sounds pretty lonely to me. And what about your child's future?

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just took an insane bad beat to finish 2nd place in the Cards chat silver on party poker. A10 Diamonds v A5 off for all his chips I had him covered flop was 10 5 4 obviously the river 5 was like a dagger and it left me with all in or fold but I'm made up with the $22 prize. Thank you Cardschat.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why should you feel sorry for him? Maybe I misunderstood but it seems dude is living his life.
Thanks dude. I wouldn't trade my life for anybody in the world some people don't get it.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
In 2014 I tried to be professional gambler because working sucks. I made it 3 months before loosing bankroll. As much as work sucks being broke and not being able to pay bills sucks even more.

You should have at least some sort of steady income to start your journey on pro gambler something that pays essential bills and food. If 9-5 is not your cup of tea these days there are all kinds of jobs like work from home, part-time jobs and freelancing.

If you have great success at poker you will win enough that eventually affords you the luxury of playing full time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find it weird when people can't read English. Professional Gambler AND poker player. Does it say pro poker player? I play Live by the way at Dusk til Dawn in Nottingham, Leos in Liverpool, Hull Grosvenor and I'm going Ept Prague in December? You going? Or you staying here to make sarcy little comments on cardschat? I literally said I am gonna build a bankroll online from freerolls in this thread. I have never deposited since my first deposit in 2018 every penny I've ever won online was from my initial £20. I play 1/2 Cash Live and am very wary of depositing online because of stealth observer etc but I am willing to grind it up for free and give it a whirl but all with the ultimate aim of getting back to playing live cash poker.
You're soooo FOS!
If someone would actually hire you for anything, I'd accept it in a heartbeat if I were you. I mean this is a guy who doesn't believe there's a war going on in Ukraine because of all of the players he's sees online who are from there. Sounds like a real genius to me.
Personally I encourage you to take the job and play online poker with every waking minute you can. I mean you'll need to finance the other player's bankrolls somehow... right?
Oh right, I forgot... you're a winner!

Attachments

• big winner.png
    big winner.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 2
machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow amazing news my CC amigos. God has answered my prayers but I will have to make a big sacrifice and relocate to the other side of the country, this will mean seeing my Son even less than I already do after a costly battle just to gain access.
I have already said yes as I know it is meant to be. I am moving to Hull in the next few weeks, the home of the legend himself Dave Ulliot. I can't put into words how ecstatic I feel. I have somewhere to live for free and I'm getting staked to play live. I have wished for this everyday for over 4 years since I first played after my Mum passed and I remember posting somewhere on this site way back then about how poker had helped fill a void.

I am so scared and nervous but in a good way, nobody who ever made it stayed in their own town right? Got to take chances and trust in what your gut says. I hope people will wish me luck I seem to have rubbed a few people the wrong way with this thread which wasn't my intention. I like that this is here. To remind me.
I still find it hilarious how poverty stricken I have been this year it has been a massive test of my resilience and I am proud of me. I know my Mum is looking down telling me to go for it and I play because of a simple reason. I found a poker lighter in my Mums pocket just after she passed in 2018, I went home signed up at 888 and cashed 3 cents in a zoom freeroll.
That was my best ever win including winning live tournaments for hundreds and I will never forget it. Its a bittersweet moment for me now because of my Son but would be nice to come back and pick him up in a Lambo in the future. Thank you to everybody who gave me advice I just wanted to MAKE something happen for myself so even people I interpret as being jerks helped so a big Thank you to everybody full stop I am going to give this my best shot. To Hull and back. All in. Goodbye Birkenhead its been a mad few decades.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're soooo FOS!
If someone would actually hire you for anything, I'd accept it in a heartbeat if I were you. I mean this is a guy who doesn't believe there's a war going on in Ukraine because of all of the players he's sees online who are from there. Sounds like a real genius to me.
Personally I encourage you to take the job and play online poker with every waking minute you can. I mean you'll need to finance the other player's bankrolls somehow... right?
Oh right, I forgot... you're a winner!
Not that I need to justify to you but I'll educate you anyway I have time. When I win freerolls for satellite tickets that is not added to the profit column as it is only a ticket. When I win $109 tickets for free or even $5.50 if I don't cash in that tournament however then $109 or $5.50 is then subtracted from the total. You see the discrepancy? I only ever deposited $20 on 888 in 2018 and I have withdrawn thousands. I see you didn't post anything about how many final tables etc and I regularly make the final 50 of multi thousand runner fields on 888 freerolls so whats your problem? My names Mike. I am from Birkenhead. I play at Dusk til Dawn in Nottingham every year at least 4 times for weeks at a time for the last 4 years people know me they are my friend. Is all this ok with you? I don't claim to be anything except what I am which is a Pro gambler and aspiring Poker player like many others here. I play Blackpool every few months I am playing the Goliath in Coventry end of month its only £110 buy in you playing? Oh right no you will be here crying a river of jealousy into denial.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not that I need to justify to you but I'll educate you anyway I have time. When I win freerolls for satellite tickets that is not added to the profit column as it is only a ticket. When I win $109 tickets for free or even $5.50 if I don't cash in that tournament however then $109 or $5.50 is then subtracted from the total. You see the discrepancy? I only ever deposited $20 on 888 in 2018 and I have withdrawn thousands. I see you didn't post anything about how many final tables etc and I regularly make the final 50 of multi thousand runner fields on 888 freerolls so whats your problem? My names Mike. I am from Birkenhead. I play at Dusk til Dawn in Nottingham every year at least 4 times for weeks at a time for the last 4 years people know me they are my friend. Is all this ok with you? I don't claim to be anything except what I am which is a Pro gambler and aspiring Poker player like many others here. I play Blackpool every few months I am playing the Goliath in Coventry end of month its only £110 buy in you playing? Oh right no you will be here crying a river of jealousy into denial.

What's my problem? I don't mind you lying to yourself (actually I enjoy it) but the lying to others... meh. And like I said, "you're Soooo FOS"

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Here's a simple but true thought about the everyday life of a professional poker player: being a poker player is a terrible job. If you've ever wanted to be a poker pro because you didn't like your job, hated sitting at your desk for hours (or at your machine), and because you thought clicking your mouse at a computer would be a lot less work, then you will be severely disappointed. Although poker is not physically tiring, but a professional player experiences much more stressful situations than a person who does any kind of “ordinary work.” Hard work can be expressed both in the number of hours played and hands played, and in the total time spent studying and for viewing hand histories. At the beginning of each year, month, and week, set goals for yourself that would motivate you to work.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Professional gambler in me is buying maximum amount of tickets in some bingo game ecery once in a while and then is "suprised" if not a single ticket wins so yeah ...

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Should I slum it some more or take the job?
Take the job.

My Son is worth more than money though so its all good my friend.
Unfortunately your posts in this thread show otherwise.... take the job.
material things seem so irrelevant to me now.
But you know who they aren't irrelevant too, and who actually needs a stable living environment and balanced nutrition? Your son. Who you say is worth more to you than money...so...
I HAVE TO WIN or starve so I study more than the average bear.
And what about your son? Are you concerned with whether or not he's getting by while you are out there acting irresponsible?

Jobs are for suckers I am all in bet Stu Ungar never worked no slave wage job.
Stu Ungar was also a drug addict, and dead.

I do however agree that working sucks
Of course it does. That's why it's called WORK? You know what doesn't suck for your son? Having a father who provides and takes care of his needs and provides a stable environment and relationship.
I find it weird when people can't read English. Professional Gambler AND poker player. Does it say pro poker player?
Yes. It's implied in the sentence, it's implied in all your posts here. You yourself have said that it is helping you to "get by".

Wow amazing news my CC amigos. God has answered my prayers but I will have to make a big sacrifice and relocate to the other side of the country, this will mean seeing my Son even less than I already do after a costly battle just to gain access.
I have already said yes as I know it is meant to be. I am moving to Hull in the next few weeks, the home of the legend himself Dave Ulliot. I can't put into words how ecstatic I feel. I have somewhere to live for free and I'm getting staked to play live. I have wished for this everyday for over 4 years since I first played after my Mum passed and I remember posting somewhere on this site way back then about how poker had helped fill a void.

I am so scared and nervous but in a good way, nobody who ever made it stayed in their own town right? Got to take chances and trust in what your gut says. I hope people will wish me luck I seem to have rubbed a few people the wrong way with this thread which wasn't my intention. I like that this is here. To remind me.
I still find it hilarious how poverty stricken I have been this year it has been a massive test of my resilience and I am proud of me. I know my Mum is looking down telling me to go for it and I play because of a simple reason. I found a poker lighter in my Mums pocket just after she passed in 2018, I went home signed up at 888 and cashed 3 cents in a zoom freeroll.
That was my best ever win including winning live tournaments for hundreds and I will never forget it. Its a bittersweet moment for me now because of my Son but would be nice to come back and pick him up in a Lambo in the future. Thank you to everybody who gave me advice I just wanted to MAKE something happen for myself so even people I interpret as being jerks helped so a big Thank you to everybody full stop I am going to give this my best shot. To Hull and back. All in. Goodbye Birkenhead its been a mad few decades.
You really think the grandmother of your son would tell you to leave him behind to chase a pipe dream instead of taking a job that will help take care of and raise him? I'm sorry dude, but you are incredibly selfish, and you have a massive problem. This is not ok. If it were just you, I'd say do what you want, what you dream, and if you self-destruct well, so be it. But you have a child. A child that needs a father who is a positive role model in his life, not a degenerate gambler out there chasing pipe dreams. I don't want to be rude to you, but someone has to tell you the hard truth. I see many already have tried in this thread, so my post will likely not not land with you either. But I implore you to get a job, seek help for gambling addiction. It's clear to any sane person reading this that you have a problem.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take the job.

Unfortunately your posts in this thread show otherwise.... take the job.

But you know who they aren't irrelevant too, and who actually needs a stable living environment and balanced nutrition? Your son. Who you say is worth more to you than money...so...

And what about your son? Are you concerned with whether or not he's getting by while you are out there acting irresponsible?

Stu Ungar was also a drug addict, and dead.

Of course it does. That's why it's called WORK? You know what doesn't suck for your son? Having a father who provides and takes care of his needs and provides a stable environment and relationship.

Yes. It's implied in the sentence, it's implied in all your posts here. You yourself have said that it is helping you to "get by".

You really think the grandmother of your son would tell you to leave him behind to chase a pipe dream instead of taking a job that will help take care of and raise him? I'm sorry dude, but you are incredibly selfish, and you have a massive problem. This is not ok. If it were just you, I'd say do what you want, what you dream, and if you self-destruct well, so be it. But you have a child. A child that needs a father who is a positive role model in his life, not a degenerate gambler out there chasing pipe dreams. I don't want to be rude to you, but someone has to tell you the hard truth. I see many already have tried in this thread, so my post will likely not not land with you either. But I implore you to get a job, seek help for gambling addiction. It's clear to any sane person reading this that you have a problem.
You sound angry by my choices. Live by the sword die by the sword I am very satisfied I have made the right decision every step of the process and cannot wait to arrive in Hull, this is why I was born. My Son is better served by me following my path and as much as I dislike his Mother he will be fine with her. I would rather their be a small chance of him growing up with a Dad who made something of himself than Joe Everyman who works in the factory we have enough of that guy. I heard a saying that is applicable, my family made me choose between them and poker, my clubs beat their hearts.

Not everybody in the world is the same. The most important person in my life is me, my own personal satisfaction comes before anything else and this is probably why I am divorced being called selfish won't change much. Nothing will ever come before Poker in my life it really is that simple, I made my choice ages ago when I missed the birth to play in The Grand Prix in Nottingham . Stu Ungar died you say? So did 100% of people in history you can't fight fate. Also calling me a degenerate gambler is over the line since I am up thousands and thousands of pounds to the point I am banned from most bookmakers and can only place 1p bets with others, degenerates lose and I can't even remember the last time I lost my own money to a bookie, maybe when I was 12 and used to stand outside Chris Pluck and get the old guys to put my bets on as they went in. Also you did not know my Mother and you do not know me, she knew what I am capable of and she would pack my bags for me like she always did.
Have a blessed evening you lovely person.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling