Becoming a professional gambler and Poker player.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody planning this good luck and may the odds be with you. This is the path I have chosen. It has been a hard process especially the last year but even more rewarding is the freedom it brings. My bankroll is empty due to non gambling non poker related issues but I don't mind I like the challenge life has presented me with. I have a chance to take a wagey pay job and build a bankroll and I am torn. On one hand the money will be easy and guaranteed on the other I do not want to P off or confuse the Universe about my intentions or desires. I accept eating chocolate digestives for breakfast when its rough because I remember waking up in a hotel after a night to remember surrounded by beauty. Do any members have any advice? I am so bankrupt it is funny thank God for freerolls and donkeys or I would have starved man! haha I would not change a thing I am not complaining here. Should I slum it some more or take the job?

T

toddkfgood

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody planning this good luck and may the odds be with you. This is the path I have chosen. It has been a hard process especially the last year but even more rewarding is the freedom it brings. My bankroll is empty due to non gambling non poker related issues but I don't mind I like the challenge life has presented me with. I have a chance to take a wagey pay job and build a bankroll and I am torn. On one hand the money will be easy and guaranteed on the other I do not want to P off or confuse the Universe about my intentions or desires. I accept eating chocolate digestives for breakfast when its rough because I remember waking up in a hotel after a night to remember surrounded by beauty. Do any members have any advice? I am so bankrupt it is funny thank God for freerolls and donkeys or I would have starved man! haha I would not change a thing I am not complaining here. Should I slum it some more or take the job?
I went broke after family court so no bankroll. Poker got some of it back.... weird world.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went broke after family court so no bankroll. Poker got some of it back.... weird world.
Exactly the same thing I am sorry to hear that but glad you bounced back so will I. My Son is worth more than money though so its all good my friend. I have every penny I own in the world(which is not much) on france WOMEN OR DRAW in the Double Chance market. They lose I starve hahaha

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ey if you bankrupt bro just go out and start cooking up drugs in Amsterdam or something, poker aint gonna save you that much.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should take the job, like you said, you don't have a regular income from poker, so, you need a regular income to pay the bills. And keep playing poker in your free time.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi machinm19,

I'd recommend you get a regular job, even if it's just part time so that you have a stable income. You could then play poker in your spare time and build up your bankroll without risk ;)

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loving all the advice my amigos my interview is Tuesday so have until then to decide. France Women won yesterday so I am still alive anyway and thinking I won't break bad or anything that is too easy, I am a professional gambler and poker player 100% so I would not have a clue about selling drugs. I did try some dmt last year and it changed my entire outlook, material things seem so irrelevant to me now. I am thinking I want to go Prague this December for EPT so maybe the job is a good idea?

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got all the Cheddar on ENGLAND WOMEN V N ireland +2.5 GOALS it loses I starve.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got all the Cheddar on ENGLAND WOMEN V N IRELAND +2.5 GOALS it loses I starve.
England lead 4-0 Easy money. I do not give out tips but I am happy to tell you all what I have bet the rent on which is way better than a tipster service. I HAVE TO WIN or starve so I study more than the average bear.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished ITM 310/1668 in bankmob freeroll on 888 - ITM 101/677 UA freeroll on party poker and ITM 222/1204 Cardschat bronze freeroll on 888 which all goes towards tomorrows big bet. Thank You Lord and Thank You Lord for helping England ladies put food on my table. Amen

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For Christ's sake please get a real job. Being so broke it ain't funny and thinking you are a professional gambler goes hand in hand with disaster.

Also, are you a professional sports better or a professional poker player?? Obviously the answer is neither; so take a job because when you make your hobby that you enjoy having fun with into work, it takes away from the former.

I know, it's a tough love take but I think that's why you're here asking this question. Instead, find a job or a career that will / pays well and then you will be able to enjoy betting and playing cards, getting better and better at both, for many years to come.

Source(s):

I played guitar for myself, but became a guitar instructor / launched my own business venture doing that. There was plenty enjoyment for awhile, but what I said above about mixing work and play became a reality after some time. Eventually, spending 6-7 hours a day playing for other people's interests just to pay the bills started to drain my own reservoir.

Soon after that period, I became a degenerate gambler. Developed my talents and traits playing Holdem and wound up being a full time card shark. It got me through a few seasons, but was nothing close to maintainable in life. If you want to lead a stand up life, you need a stable career. Then you can have a stable everything else.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you may have a misconception, I have been doing this for a living for a few years now I am a professional gambler and poker player as I said. It is kind of funny being broke after you have stayed in every top hotel in the UK and used twentys to light cigars that you do not even like smoking, well it is to me anyway. I only recently became broke due to non Gambling non poker related circumstances fighting for custody of my son. I had just enough cash left to fund a trip to Blackpool for the week and play live 1/2 poker and I came back with enough to live on for a few weeks which I have done as well as my many betting wins(My last 100+ big bets have all won including 2 out of 2 listed on this thread). Your post was just what I needed to remind me not to give up. Jobs are for suckers I am all in bet Stu Ungar never worked no slave wage job. Ps You should not take The Lords name in vain it is offensive to many me included.

germany Women will hopefully be paying for supper tonight by beating finland. I have ALL my rent money on this.
Just finished ITM 185/1829 AND ITM 1252/4430 in a couple of 888 freerolls.
888 Bankroll is up to $5.22. I also just a won 6 max spin and gold for $2.50 on GG taking my GG bank to $12.67 all from thin air. I can do this come on you German babes get that win for me.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First, agree to work with a guaranteed pay. Calm down the events in your life a little and feel stable. And after that, start building your career as a poker player. I wish you success!

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all the advice guys the consensus seems to be to go back to work but I am still torn. Germany Women came good for me so that keeps the light on and peanut butter on my bread so I am thanking God for that. In the meantime I finished ITM 122/5755 Winner Spinner on 888 - ITM 308/2279 pokerstars Cchat freeroll and ITM 247/3048 in the Noble Kingdom freeroll on 888. I have a target in mind for what I need to play cash and some tournaments so for now I'm grinding away and scoping out a decent gamble for tomorrow.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take your time, get a job so you make better desicions Good luck

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My job interview is in the morning here goes nothing. No matter what happens with the job I am sticking to this path, I am enjoying the challenge I have set for myself. Finished ITM in 5 more Freerolls last night.
My target is $200 on 888 and $100 on GG. My Current B/R on 888= $7.64 - GG =$12.67
I still have some limited funds to bet with but I need that to pay rent and stuff so I will keep this up until I hit my goals. Everything is at it should be, I actually enjoy the struggle sometimes but I am looking forward to the inevitable spoils of my dedication.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
According to probability theory it is impossible to always win in a poker.
My advice is to get real job and keep practicing in poker to improve your skills.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Making the decision to dedicate yourself professionally to poker is not easy, for now I prefer to play recreationally and not depend solely on poker

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG! Find yourself a stakehorse!

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling