Bathroom breaks

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HAHAHAHA! I would not be surprised if many poker players take their laptop to the toilet!

I'm not surprised with fact that many poker players have that "special gaming chair" at their laptop.:icon_stud

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have you had to get up to go to the bathroom. to come back and see you missed a big pair,:mad: even aces it sucks
I hold it until 3+ are in a hand and then run. That’s what I use the extra minute for after the original 30 seconds run out.
It usually works for me

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this has happened to everyone, unfortunately our physiology and variance are beyond our control!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you missed a big pair, it does not mean that it was winning, you have to treat it philosophically, I try to go to the bathroom during the break in the tournament.:)

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have you had to get up to go to the bathroom. to come back and see you missed a big pair,:mad: even aces it sucks
i forgot to to tell everyone that i am 75 and go about every 15 minutes i need to tie on a pee bag this is the truth

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing a hand of pair of aces will not change much in the final result of a tournament.

If I can believe it at a final table.

So I wouldn't worry about going to the bathroom at any time !!

Do not go to the bathroom on a Final Table (FT). Wait for the break.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is to go to the bathroom when you fold UTG, you have more time to act when you are big blind

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you missed a big pair, it does not mean that it was winning, you have to treat it philosophically, I try to go to the bathroom during the break in the tournament.:)
quite obvious you are not 75 or you could not not hold it that long of cousre i have had 3or4 cokes in 1 hour

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I drink a lot of water during the day it's pretty normal for me to NEED to go to the bathroom before the 5 minutes break.. you get used to it
But yes, when you are short stack and find out you missed QQ+ can be really brutal

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I have this almost always, but it happened because of being late, I did not play on a strong hand, I avoided losing. Sincerely Sergey.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I have ran to the bathroom a few times to come back and see a great pocket pair that was folded because I wasn't fast enough.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my bad dream))) 2 times it was exactly when I missed the top pair.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
One hand is not the whole tournament yet !!! It's a pity of course, but you can survive )))) But if you ask, then yes, it happened to me, and I'm pretty sure this situation happened to all or most of the players !!! In most cases, this is not a disaster for the game as a whole !!!

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, two hours patiently waiting for that big hand and you were out because of that less than a minute piss. my advice, although crude is that u leave a bottle on the side to avoid these accidents, mainly in the final straights. ps: your family may think you have gone crazy.

I find the pots from king size pot noodles are great for taking a slash in and then you do not have to move, what kind of poker player leaves the table while they have chips anyway? I'd rather urinate myself as it could be the hand that changes my life. Can u imagine Lewis Hamilton pulling the car over on lap 64 to take a whizz? He goes in his suit man like a Real Champ

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is terrible. That happened to me twice, but now, before it get very tight, I change the game from the pc to the tablet and go for it. With the lap top I can manage it.

InnerForce

InnerForce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just logout from computer and log in on your phone
Problem solved✓

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this has happened to me also. 6 minutes or just barely over seems like lots of time each hour but it goes quick. It’s sad to see that big hand finally come but what can a person do? What has happened has happened no point in lamenting upon it or beating ourselves up.

Anyhow its far more important to listen to your body and take care of it. When you got go you got to go, if you hold too long there is risk of a bladder infection and its just not a good to hold it too long.

As for going in a bottle, well do what you gotta do at 75, anyone not your age yet should not judge as they have not walked in your shoes as of yet. But.....that was a lot of info.....and now Ive got the image in my head :( lol. While perhaps its not a great image, its nice that you are sharing and helping others with ideas to help them. Leading the way in showing that’s its ok to be the humans we are and not be ashamed of our perfect imperfections at any age :). There is always a solution even if its not pretty.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The life of a poker player where everyone should be taking synchronized bathroom breaks at xx:55.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I always try to resolve all issues before the start of the game, so I hardly come across this. Try not to go anywhere before the break.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened but not that often, usually I can easily wait till 5 mins break

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. But I've also got back just in time to play aces and lose.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
This happens very rarely, but nonetheless, it doesn't really affect your long-term results. Alternatively, you can take your laptop to the bathroom and play poker there.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much time is 5 minutes every hour, but it’s worth scheduling the toilet and the rest for this so you don’t miss out on the winning cards.

pablow

pablow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i take the laptop to the toilet haha

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately this has happened to me countless times but it's just part of the game. If you gotta go you gotta go.