Are you afraid of facing a team pro in tournaments?

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth would not be afraid but if it would create difficulty for me because chance would not always be on my side instead if I would I could improve and even win without problems

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the exact opposite for me I'm super happy to play with teams pros they are whales lol.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid to face professional teams in poker tournaments. Playing in fear hits your game.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't Think so I would be a little excited to face pro players cause you can learn and in poker you can beat them at least a few hands hehehe I don't se why to be afraid:icon_king

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like facing them, its a great opportunity to learn.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in being afraid of a professional team player. He is the same person with his own shortcomings and problems. Pros make fewer mistakes at a distance, I think so. It's another matter if these players play for the same team online, then the team has an advantage. ))

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're "scared" of sponsored pros you should be scared of everyone you're playing with. There are more good players that aren't sponsored than that are and if you're playing at the buy-in level those pros are you're probably up against some of them (unless it's a "club" event they're playing to gain Twitch viewers or something).

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, why should you unless you're like Matt Damon playing TeddyKGB w/ your life??

Also, watching pros play you see them make the same mistakes putting somebody on certain hands only to come out lookin like a donkey/human when it's somethin totally different..

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the present time I'm play only online Poker, therefore I don't see anyone face,
and hence don't think about this quite, and try full to concentrate only on the Game!..:cool:

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't be afraid to face a team pro, I have no idea what I'm doing at the poker table so if they can figure it out then they deserve to have my chips.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always wondered what it would be like and last year I got the opportunity. Was I afraid? Not at all. Was it an incredible experience. Heck yeah.

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am easily star struck so I would probably dork out and fold even AA.

atamian85

atamian85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No.. not at all id try my best to beet him so i can have bragging rights.. maybe some how ill get noticed after winning against him lol

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I know how to play poker and I am prepared to play with all players. Doesn´t matter they are professional, experienced, recreational or amateur. I just need to know how each one play. Honestly, I find it more difficult to play with amateurs and recreational players. They do not respect positions, number of chips and still risk everything with bad hands.:):)

Everyone makes mistakes, even professionals, and winning against a pro player tastes better :)

Yes. We are all human. We need just stay calm and think we have the same chances.:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im more afraid of donks and bullies to be honest.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've played at the same table with "labelled" pros and pros that aren't affiliated but have won millions. If you don't have notes on such a player beforehand you may notice a style of play that is a little different. When you pick up on this, study this player at every position and for every orbit of the puck then look them up afterwards. These guys and gals are masters and it's always a pleasure to encounter them at a table. Like the ELO rating in chess, if you can beat them by playing well then you've earned and learned something.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I think It will drive me to play better.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with a pokerstars pro that sat next to
me online tournament. We exchange pleasantries through the chat. I was very new to poker He must have sense weakness He bluffed and showed later in the hand. I learned that pros in the tournament don’t have any more moves we have No need to be scared of them

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No fear

Hello all my nickname is fearless, we are all human beings and everyone ticks a little different. I have beaten Chris Moneymaker in Platinum Elite, it is all mental and my part there is no intimidation here. Must be the Marine in me. OOH RAH Capo1014

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I'm not afraid, I would be very happy if someone from the pro knocked out of the game, they are the same people and cards do not distinguish between a pro or a beginner, look at the twitch of their game, they often merge, however, like everyone else