Are you afraid of facing a team pro in tournaments?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not worried about it, if I don't have any idea what the heck I'm doing they probably don't either:dontknow:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They all start with the same amount of chips. Of course they know how to use them better. lol
I remember when poker stars and Full tilt would have them playing against you and they would have bounties on their heads. Never did get one, I did have some at my table, they play consistent most of the time. So not harder to play against, but, and that is a big butt, they can trap you when you think you have them figured out.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, I would chalk it up as a learning experience if or when I lost to them. I would try to watch every hand they played hoping to get a look at their whole cards.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, i'm afraid of being card dead than scared of pro players. In fact they should be afraid of me because chances are i have more information about them yet they know nothing about me.

+1 Also, a pro has a reputation to uphold, they are expected to not embarrass themselves. Me? I am a nobody to them and that probably scares them. They know nothing about my play-style, tendencies, reliable tells, fake tells, personality and so on. Plus, one game with a pro (even if heads up) is such a small sample size compared to the thousands of hands needed for skill to outweigh short term variance.

It is like staring down a wild animal (in real life staring down a wild animal is a really good or a really bad idea based on what kind of animal), they say that they are probably more scared of you than you are of them.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They put their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. Just play your game that your comfortable with.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i like to play poker with good players like a team pro players. GL

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not afraid... is that what i want hahahaha

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like playing pros more than others. You cant bluff a bad player but its easy to bluff a pro!

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be fun playing a team pro. They might be able to read me so quickly I think. They have played millions of different players, and put reads on players fast. They will also lay down hands they know they have lost, unlike myself.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to playing a pro. I dont think being "afraid" is the right word. I would say more on the lines of what to expect.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play with Pro, it helps to improve my performance

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all, a pro is also a human ;)

N

nachofas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, i'm afraid of being card dead than scared of pro players. In fact they should be afraid of me because chances are i have more information about them yet they know nothing about me.

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd welcome it in a tourney, the best way to learn anything is with experience against people who are better. I'd be more concerned in a cash game as I could end up leaking way more money lol.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I met some of them on live poker and it was ok

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not afraid of playing a pro. I do think that I would overestimate the pro bluffing or trying to take care of the amatuer - so would need to be careful not to have this ego get in the way of my poker playing decisions.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am honoured to play them worst case scenario I learn from them and relish the chance to beat them.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I'm not scared, what would scare me the most is not knowing who the professional is ... haha
Now with the data to play and try to "face" it as little as possible ...

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No i am only afraid of snakes

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. A nit is only afraid to get his aces cracked.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that they will always beat us!

I'm not "afraid" of facing a team pro in tournaments.

Just being a pro doesn't mean you can't beat them. They don't always win.

If I know they are a pro then it means that they are very capable players. And so with all capable players I want to be cautious.

And - I want to have position on all capable players.

Good luck !

A

aixacarl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not afraid, on the contrary I would love to face a poker hard and if I win it would be the best

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No at all. On the contrary, I would love to share a table with one of them to test my game. Good hands.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I notice about the "pros" especially online, is they fire multible bullets into high dollar tourneys, I have seen a few spend several thousand dollars a day on bullets. If they run deep or even win 1 of 20 tourneys in a day, they are at least breaking close to even. At the dollar amounts they play, they are seeing less rec players, most only fire 1 bullet. They have the bankroll and they have that advantage. Do they know poker better than rec players...yes. Thing is they push hands most of us wouldnt, get easy blinds, take more risk. I dont fear any online pro, but I know he has the ability to keep rebuying and building that stack. Thats why I am not impressed with a few of them that offer training at crazy dollar amounts. They will brag they won 400,000 in this year, but they spent 200,000 in buy ins. Yes that is a nice profit but most poker players cant do that. Then when a few of them throw the arrogence on top of that during their stream like twitch, they are even even less pro in my mind. Seen a guy playing for a GTD 1.5 million, a "pro" and he was like in 30th out of 400+ left in the Venom. In a hand he pushed his whole stack in with nothing but a Ace high after the river against someone who had him outstacked. That other guy with like a mid pair. Took out said "poker Pro" just that fast. Then he complained for days about how he made the perfect bluff and could not of played that hand better. This "poker Pro" offers some poker training at a nice price like $89 a month min I think. Hopefully he is not teaching his bluffing strategy. Anyway, online poker is great. Patience is the best tool, and there are great sites like cards chat that give you so many tools for free. What you have to do is put in the work. Its not going to do it itself. You learn what these pros and great players know and teach, you study and put it into your game. You will be as unique as a fingerprint, you just have to figure out your own poker personality. To answer your question short and sweet, I am not afraid of anyone at the table...gotta win a few flips here and there, luck is always nice here and there. We cant win every hand, just take advantage of their weakness. A pros weakness is they got $$$$ to throw around, catch them playing a worse hand and you will be the lucky winner of their chips! If someone calls them self GURU, probaly just a fish who wins alot because he can outspend us reg players. Play your game and make them pay!

Last edited:
M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i`m not afraid at all, just pure adrenaline