Are you afraid of facing a team pro in tournaments?

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.no, I'm not afraid, he's the same player in the same conditions

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not really, they are professionals and I am an amateur who has nothing to lose

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahahaha in my place if I could because I feel like he knows what I'm going to do even though I didn't even have the idea to do it

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the contrary, I think even a good team player gets a little confused with certain moves. Try occasionally to put a 4x on them. He thinks you don’t have much sense of the game they are going to be, but easy to beat.

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not in the least afraid, because my strategy of the game is that no one will outplay me, but how badly or well the cards will be dealt

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell no. I love playing with money so the more the better. Good luck.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No I'm not afraid of facing anyone on any poker table. Facing someone with more experience than you can only help you. I feel that there is no downside in it; if I lose than I have lost to someone with more experience and I've learned from it, but if I win then I have developed my game to compete with the best. No downside!:D

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not scared, but definitely play cautiously when I'm in a pot with them. But thankfully, they usually play a solid game, not very unpredictable..

L

longjohn1012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there is any intimidation or "afraid" feeling. I think if you can hold your composure and not get caught up in the aura of the player, you can play against the best of the best and win.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone has the opportunity to win today
no need to be afraid of the professional at the table, you should play so that the professional starts to be afraid of you[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why should I have to be afraid, that is just a game
For some reason I remembered Brunson's expression that poker is a war, just people pretend that this is a game[emoji106][emoji854][emoji6]

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would love to come up against a pro player, after all there is no shame in being taken out by the likes of Phil Helmut, Phil Ivey or any other great name in the Poker World. But the bragging rights of taking these players out are fantastic.
Imagine telling someone you were able to bust them out of a big hand or bluff them off a massive pot, that would be incredible.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professionals know how to play very well, but if you are careful, intelligent and patient ... they can also fall. They are very likely to beat us, but the cards are always the last to speak. You do not have to be afraid!:cool::cool:

S

Smyles328

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not

Because pros once were amuturrs

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played with Pro playes in tables!! no i havent any promplem because im Pro too !! haha :D :D
so im ok with that!

norwoox

norwoox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I envy people who play at the same table with pro players. But I think it's hard for them to play with fish too. After all, the actions of weak players defy logic and this can cause big problems. It would be interesting to play against the pro

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t say it would be fear after all in the grand scheme of things with enough study and online play you can bridge the gap in skill level relatively quickly against a seasoned pro. Where as in football or basketball you couldn’t achieve the natural athletic ability or skill level at that same pace to play against the best. My worry would be in getting “star struck” while playing against people I’ve been watching on tv since I was a teen.Sitting across from kid poker or the poker brat would be like a high school football player tossing the ball with Tom Brady. So I’d say no I wouldn’t be afraid of anything but looking like a fool asking for a selfy lol

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wouldn't be scary to play, but even interesting.
The PS also featured poker pros. And when you come up to them at the table, you bet and they just fold. What is the game here? :vroam::date:

S

Senator30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t be scared of it but I would expect my money would disappear pretty quickly

Khrisnner

Khrisnner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No tendría miedo, pero tendría mucho cuidado.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems that they will always beat us!

Definitely not!
I would play quietly, even though I know that a poker pro is much better prepared than an amateur like me.
In sport everything is possible, see how many examples of people who managed to succeed even if everything went the other way around, and within poker we saw Moneymarker win a WSOP at the time, it was unthinkable for an amateur to come out of nowhere and become world champion.

Good luck at the tables!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play tournaments $20 buy ins and higher chances are many pros are sitting in the game with you once you start playing $100- $200 buy ins and the higher you go pros will probably outnumber the recreational player sometimes.
I do not care who is on my tournament table while pros have an advantage they get priced into flips and are at the mercy of variance and coolers the same as anybody else
View attachment 259759

hi hi mr blair!!! :ciao:
you play tournies buy-in $109usd??? holy cow
you play such pricy things each week?

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
buy-in

I'm still playing games with a buy-in of up to $ 1, but it's tempting to play the big ones. The greater the risk the greater the gain.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m afraid to face a poker pro but you’ve gotta face it a some point, and I get to test my level and see if it’s up to par.