WSOP Colossus event. What would you do in this situation?

LilicumBosniacum

LilicumBosniacum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Immediately, I'll get my money. i'll have plenty of chances to win a bracelet. The money I can't return that easily... Congrats to the champ! :D :D :D

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ill take the money

he is giving me +ev deal

P

Parkez73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation I wouldn't doubt it, $400 thousand is a lot of money...!! If we were even in chips I wouldn't accept it, but with such a difference in chips yes, I would accept the deal without hesitation...and I would come back for the bracelet at the next opportunity...!!

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I take the deal.

I would get over 100.000$ more taking the deal. And my chances of winning the tournament are quite low with only 5BB against 60BB. That would be a no brainer for me, personally. I don't really care that much about the bracelet, it would be nice to win it, but I'd rather have 100.000$... unless its value is quite high... in that case, it would depend on how much money is worth.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I would take the deal, too big of a difference in stacks) and a lot of money in play

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A deal in such a situation looks like too profitable an option for me....... it's suspicious. But if there is no trap in this, then the conditions are better than I could imagine :)

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would take the deal. The bracelet is not important to me and I can do a lot of good with the money!

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To max. +EV I would ask for 450k because his "crazy" offer shows how much he wants that bracelet.

But my real self would just take the money an run.

10lukasz10

10lukasz10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Money is not everything
After 3 months, you'd forget what they smell like

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would immediately question their skill level playing headsup if they offered something like that. If they couldn't finish someone off with so much of a lead then that's a huge red flag. They wouldn't be in that spot if they didn't take risks.

Full tilt used to offer HU SNGs for multiple games and different buy ins just to practice for that situation years ago and I don't know why folks don't advocate for those games anymore.

Folks could practice when they're down when they get a bad beat or work on recognizing hands to finish off players without playing a really long tourn or a regular hour and a half sng.

I get that its 1 double up =100M, then the 2nd hand/double up equals 200M then 400M so in just 3 all ins, they could be back to almost even with them and the one making the offer HAS to call you at least once to end the tourn. So you jam just 2 more times and you could be back in it. So the stacks aren't that important. And they're still going to have to call you once, lol.

And after the tax man cometh, you're going to be at least giving up 30-35% of that 100k so its really 65k maybe 70k which is still a tremendous amount of money but not really 100k.

I can see where a world level tournament pro that plays a lot of 10k and 25k entry tourns would turn it down because its not a lot of their entries for a shot at 1st place and those folks are trying to build a resume with 1st places for marketing or something.

Average Joe's (who are most of us! lol) playing the lowest buyin of the series like the Colossus and happy with just a min cash, lol, should thank the person giving the offer and ask for a photo to remember the spot and not have any regrets about 2nd place money and thank the wsop for a great tournament and opportunity.

Especially if they have limited experience playing HU or tournaments in general. I'm sure that's a lot of entries to more tourns and folks can find numerous things to do with that extra money they are being offered for 2nd place instead of wondering later on "what could have happened".

WSOP