Who thinks that it is fair to make players be vaccinated before playing in the wsop?

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think it's B.S. I get the mask thing but if one could prove they are COVID free with a rapid test why should they have to conform and put something in their body that they are against? If this is the case that you have to have a vaccine to play the wsop sadly I will never play a wsop event.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's good that they get vaccinated for everyone's safety ... and play quietly ...
I respect your opinion but what about those of us who don't believe in this vaccine ? I have done the research and I will not support the vaccine. I already survived having COVID I had the antibodies and isn't the point of the vaccine to give you antibodies to fight off and prevent the virus??

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that getting vaccinated is necessarily unfair in relation to those who are against vaccination! I believe that you just need to take the COVID test before entering the WSOP, it would be much optimal for everyone! This is my personal opinion and should not be taken seriously! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think it's B.S. I get the mask thing but if one could prove they are COVID free with a rapid test why should they have to conform and put something in their body that they are against? If this is the case that you have to have a vaccine to play the wsop sadly I will never play a wsop event.

I think it's good that they get vaccinated for everyone's safety ... and play quietly ...

I completely agree with cardzilla!! This is the biggest load of malarkie!! People should have the choice to get vaccinated if they want to or not if they don't want to!! Literally the one and only reason I am going to get the vaccination is to be able to travel... Which I also think it is BS that I need it to travel! But my brother lives in germany so against my own liking or will I will get vaccinated to be able to go see my brother. I quoted Pablo's message because I was going to ask who in the heck they are keeping safe?? The people who got vaccinated because the want to be should feel all safe and sound and then let the rest of us not and do our thing because we don't want god knows what of a "vaccination" going into our bodies... The people who got the vaccination shouldn't have to worry about the people who didn't because they are vaccinated right??? But I realize now that Pablo may have been joking with his comment 😁 It is becoming a requirement to step out my front door I need to be vaccinated!!.. I mean I say so be it... I really don't want to get the vaccination but since the "powers that be" seem to think it is such a vital thing for everyone to have it.. I guess I will get it so I can go back to living my dang life!!! Ugh!... ***END RANT*** and by the way CardsChat is the best!!! 😎

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect your opinion but what about those of us who don't believe in this vaccine ? I have done the research and I will not support the vaccine. I already survived having COVID I had the antibodies and isn't the point of the vaccine to give you antibodies to fight off and prevent the virus??

Are you kidding/trolling? You did research into a variant of a 20 year old vaccine and concluded that you don't "believe" in it? I would love, just fcuking love to see the links to the papers you read 'researching'. It is sad that people nowadays call watching tv, reading FB/Twitter researching. It's sh1t like that is the reason this country is having such a hard time with covid resurging and more people dying than last year.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you have the right to not be vaccinated.
I understand you have the right to smoke at home.
Not sure you understand you dont have any right to smoke inside an airplane.
I understand you do not understand that this is not an individual matter.

Sorry if I sounded unpolite, english is not my native language.
Just some food for thought.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
That sounds great, if I ever get to the WSOP I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you.

:top:
What was the research that convinced you to not believe in the vaccine?
Also what scientific qualifications do you have?

:hmmmm2:
Are you kidding/trolling? You did research into a variant of a 20 year old vaccine and concluded that you don't "believe" in it? I would love, just fcuking love to see the links to the papers you read 'researching'. It is sad that people nowadays call watching tv, reading FB/Twitter researching. It's sh1t like that is the reason this country is having such a hard time with covid resurging and more people dying than last year.
I'm assuming the USA, CardChat is worldwide.

Clearly from the replies in the thread, "no clue" is the first thought that comes to mind. :deal:

:top:

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
free country, everyone should have the option to take it or not with no effects

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally feel like people should be able to choose if they do or don't. I respect the decision is based on some decent level of reason. For example a friend said they are scared to get it. Fair enough, you've been open and honest. I tried to persuade them of course.

Currently, I believe they think that as more of us build up antibodies, from repeat infections or repeat vaccinations/boosters or both, this will begin to limit the transmission as well as protecting the individual from the worst effects as the vaccines do now.
This is therefore going to be the way we slowly get rid of it, or at least bring it down to more manageable levels.

BUT this only happens if enough people get vacc'd, and when the time comes boosted, and we share our spare jabs with other nations and get as many people and counties as possible as safe as possible!

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Fair! They have to follow rules!! Vaccinated or not play! Easy!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fair if everyone is included

Given that WSOP is a private entity, none of the players has to play in it. So if you want to play, and WSOP's rules dictate the vaccine, that's fair; everybody gets the shot, no exceptions. But those who say they have antibodies from earlier exposure to covid, they have a valid point as well.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Others have made the case for the WSOP position adequately and as one succinct post said, why don't you try lighting a cigarette in the Amazon Room and see how long you last before being turfed out.

I could care less how an individual behaves in his or her own house or whether they choose to be vaccinated or not. However I do care when an individual feels entitled to potentially threaten the health and lives of others by mingling in public without being vaccinated.

And, as the matter has been touched upon we are all aware those who have endured Covid 19 can still get re-infected and potentially pass the virus to others.

Someone's personal freedom does not entitle them to put others in jeopardy.

And for the umpteenth time I can guarantee everyone on the no-vaxx bandwagon is already vaccinated...for polio, smallpox, Hepatitus A and B, Diphtheria, Influenza etc. etc. which discredits the stance as being little more than what it is, political.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it's completely up to the location that's holding the tournament, to simplify things it's House Rules. They want it or they don't want it, it's completely up to them. You have the right to play by the house rules just like any other house rules or not play at that location. No one should tell you to get vaccinated. No one should tell you not to get vaccinated.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm assuming the USA, CardChat is worldwide.

Sorry, yes, USA has many states that have a higher percentage of people that are taking advice from people (who have been vaccinated by the way) telling them that they shouldn't. It is totally political, total nonsense not believed by the pundits expounding it, but toeing the line from the party funding the culture of hatred. Here it's devolved into which "team" you root for, no longer has anything do do with facts, truth or rationality. It's "My Team or FcuK you, you awful person, I hate you" whether it's other family members, friends or just random strangers on the street. It's why I don't normally respond to obvious baloney like the OP, but I was curious to if he was just hate trolling or actually had done any reading up and still had his unrealistic opinion. I figured trolling, as most of us can only speculate as to what we would do heading off to WSOP. I for one, am not going (haven't been, not saying it was an option this year either by the way) as i'm sure most here aren't. However, even if it had been planned, I wouldn't go this year, just based on the "Players can be eliminated at any time if suspected contact has been made with a covid postitive, with zero refunds period." I don't agree with that part, the safety issue of eliminating someone who has had contact, yeah, but it's the speculative part and the no refund part that I sure wouldn't want to bet on. I personally would flip out if I was doing well, was masked, vaccinated and was told that a guy at my table tested positive and we all had to leave.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a privately run event so they have the right to set whatever conditions of entry they want to.

That said I think it's a terrible idea and I hope an alternative event with less segregationist policies will take the WSOPs place.

How boring is it going to be watching a table full of masked up faces anyway?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) A private entity can set whichever rules, it want. If its a requirement to play naked, then either play naked or dont participate, simple as that. Nobody are "entitled" to play in the WSOP or any other private event.

2) People refusing to take the vaccine are prolonging the pandemic to the detriment of everyone else. I feel lucky to live and work in two countries (sweden and Denmark), where the vast majority have accepted the free vaccine offered to them. And anything else is frankly just dumb.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I do not see anything wrong with vaccination. If vaccination prevents the spread of the disease, then I believe that it should be made mandatory.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I understand correctly, that we are talking about a live event? :) If so, it is absolutely wrong and forcing a person against his will is not normal... Nowadays, I am absolutely not sure, that vaccination really helps and it's not a syringe with ordinary water.... I read the news, that a doctor was caught in Europe giving an injection with ordinary water... How seriously can we talk about mandatory vaccination after that?... I don't know.. Formula 1 teams do not vaccinating and take tests constantly and conduct races in different countries without problems, so if the organizers want to make the event convenient for people, they can easily study how big sports organizations do it in world sports ;)

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never choose to spend many hours a day in a packed room sitting shoulder to shoulder with strangers from all over the world unless I know they've all been fully vaccinated.

If you "say" you have evidence against the efficacy or safety of vaccines you're either outright lying, confused or just not paying attention.

Last edited:
shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is VERY FAIR! It's a rule. Absolutely no big requirement, seriously. Abide by it or play somewhere else, simple as that. Not a freedom issue, it's a common sense and public safety issue. If you're going to be in a public setting, you have to do the right thing for everyone, not just your own ego and stupidity.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I understand correctly, that we are talking about a live event? :) If so, it is absolutely wrong and forcing a person against his will is not normal... Nowadays, I am absolutely not sure, that vaccination really helps and it's not a syringe with ordinary water.... I read the news, that a doctor was caught in Europe giving an injection with ordinary water... How seriously can we talk about mandatory vaccination after that?... I don't know.. Formula 1 teams do not vaccinating and take tests constantly and conduct races in different countries without problems, so if the organizers want to make the event convenient for people, they can easily study how big sports organizations do it in world sports ;)
Listen ding dong no one is being forced. They are merely setting up a requirement to play in their event. No one is forced to play but if they do want to then they have to get the shot. About your I read in the news did you also hear about Nicki Minaj's cousins friend who after the shot his balls exploded and killed 10 people at his wedding. Just being a little silly there but do some real research, talk to your doctor and listen to some reliable news sources. Your story maybe true however 1 unethical doctor should not reflect the thousands of doctors and health workers who are administrating a valid and needed covid vaccine.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Vaccinated or, required to wear a mask and gloves if not.

WSOP