Is this the right place to organize home games and/or bar leagues?

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
New to CardsChat, and I like what I've seen.
I read all the guidelines, and it seems like this is the most appropriate place to organize a live game.
However, I couldn't help but notice that very few people are doing that. Any reason(s) why?
I'm assuming the geographical range of users is the main reason. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My situation is:
I host regular home games, private games, and will soon be launching a bar league as well. (all games are legally compliant)
I would like to avoid having to launch my own website for the sake of organization, and thought CardsChat might be a good third-party alternative to use as a communication hub between members and players of the aforementioned games.

That said, I'm a complete newbfacelord at forums, so...I'm unsure.
I'm guided mainly by "this option helps me by reducing maintenance time, and helps CardsChat because I'll bring extra activity to its forum".

Any and all input is welcome!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi, and welcome! I think probably the geographical range, as you said is the main reason why people don't utilize this more as a way to organize meet-ups. However, we do have some rules about self-promoting and advertising: simply put, it isn't allowed in most cases.

From the CardsChat Rules:

• Members may not use CardsChat for any advertising or promotional purposes. This includes in post signatures and private conversations. If in doubt please, contact us for guidance.
  • Members may not include affiliate or referral codes of any kind in any of their posts. This includes inviting members to outside poker clubs. Again, when in doubt, contact us for guidance.

However, we haven't had a lot of experience or demand of members posting for bar leagues and the like... "outside poker clubs" above refers to online affiliate clubs, which is not really the same as live games. So let me discuss this with my fellow admins and mod team, and I will post back here (probably some time tomorrow).

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
OK, thanks!
If it helps, I can provide information about the games in question, legal compliance, etc.

The forum use I'm aiming for does seem to conflict with "advertising and promotional uses", but I would argue that, because I'm not receiving any compensation whatsoever as a result of the advertisement - nor is anyone else - and because it can only be used by people in my own particular region, that stipulation shouldn't apply.

No rush on the reply. I'm asking a good 3-4 months in advance here, for the bar league.
We can make an open discussion out of it if you or your mod team have any questions.
Thanks for taking the time!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OK, thanks!
If it helps, I can provide information about the games in question, legal compliance, etc.

The forum use I'm aiming for does seem to conflict with "advertising and promotional uses", but I would argue that, because I'm not receiving any compensation whatsoever as a result of the advertisement - nor is anyone else - and because it can only be used by people in my own particular region, that stipulation shouldn't apply.

No rush on the reply. I'm asking a good 3-4 months in advance here, for the bar league.
We can make an open discussion out of it if you or your mod team have any questions.
Thanks for taking the time!
Ok, thanks - I'll send you a PM. :)

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games