CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer is NO. I will not go to Las Vegas. It is too far and expensive.

But if I had the opportunity to play in any tournaments, I would choose this one:
14. $ 1,000 No-Limit Hold'em Super Turbo Bounty - 1 day.

I think that it is Bounty that is the format of tournaments that should not be missed at such major events. A 1000 cost - available for a larger number of players, among whom there will be quite a lot of not very strong fans. They gamble for the sake of getting bounty and usually become easy prey. A good way to get a reward and an adequate stack of chips. In addition, this tournament takes place on the first day, which means that if successful, you can use your winnings to participate in the following tournaments of the series.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to participate in main event and heads up and pl omaha events. I would have to spend 2k on travel expenses alone so maybe in future.. :)
Gl to whoever is participating!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The emotion should be unsurpassed. Being at that time in Vegas is like being in Rio (brazil) for carnival

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe one day.... :)
I really wish to go there and feel all this energy .... Unfortunately, this will probably not happen. So, I enjoy to read members expressions :)
I wish you all who will play there good luck !

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)? no i am years away for that level of play
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? i wouldnt know since the tournament name are there but i have no clue how they operate.
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? i wouldnt know for the same reasons
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers. never but hopefully in few years )

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually i m not going to play any of theses events , but i have read the guide of the word series of poker and i find it very useful for the people who want to be ITM in the wsop .

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
That time of year again! I made my first trip to Vegas this year to play some cash which was an amazing experience I had wanted to experience for so long. Like that dream I will realise my dream to play a world series some day soon!

Event number 2 seems like a really fun event. 10k super turbo bounty. It would be a tournament I would really enjoy playing.

I hope to have advice for WSOP players some day when I finally visit.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have the dream of playing a WSOP. And I would also love to get to know LAS VEGAS. This city must be impressive. My country would be a great place for games like poker. Unfortunately the authorities here do not abandon this monopoly.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you!

Thank you for highlighting this year's WSOP events. I have positive thoughts of making it there, somehow, someway. Financially, I can not afford it alone. I bookmarked the page and printed out the information. I have two mortgage payments that I would love to put a dent in and I am sure there are lots others in the same situation. Keep the faith!!!

Questions and answers:
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)?

Not this season, but perhaps next year.
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?

Event #13 would be my choice. Just a dream, though. Third place last year paid enough to put a dent in a number of things.
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?

The Seniors No-Limit Hold'em Event for ol' farts like me. Affordable and doable.
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.

I have not been to the event. I have been to the RIO. The buffet there is something you don't want to miss!
:wavey:
Have a good day!

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not going this year and have never been, but as a first-timer, I'd try to play some of the lower buy-in events. Seems like the lowest buy-in is $500? Hopefully one day I'll actually have the bankroll to weigh my options, but for now I have to stick to micro stakes online.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been farther that my country, so going to Las Vegas to try out real poker would've been awesome. I'd play low buy-in tournaments because it would be too much pressure on high buy-ins.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Not this year. Going out-of-state before it starts.

If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? $1,500 Seven Card Stud or $1,500 Horse

Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? Seniors No Limit Holdem - or - Super Seniors NL Holdem

Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers - hope to make it into my schedule one day.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good job, Very interesting read. I mean in the sense I read articles about Ferraris and Porsches...
Dreams cost nothing.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does a trip to Las Vegas in the middle of July sound? If you're sane it probably doesn't sound that great at all. After all, with 110 degree Fahrenheit heat hitting your face on a good day, the desert is probably the last place you'd want to be. In fact, Alaska probably sounds a lot better.
I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I can't fathom why this thing takes place in the summer in the middle of the desert.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great guide for us to follow the events of the 2019 WSOP, for those who start in poker these events are quite inspiring.
I wish good luck to all the players that will participate in the games and exclusively to the players of the team of cardschat that go to the event.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been several times. Play in the daily megas (usually runs 3 times a day max buyin might be $350) and Sngs. Those are very underrated, and any CC member would do well in them.

Will you please tell us more about the the daily megas? Where do we find them? What are they? Thank you for your help!

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
    Yes, I am still putting my schedule together, right now I have 16 WSOP events but will probably swap some for other tournaments as the schedules and structures become available
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
    The 100K High Roller
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
    This year its the Senior's event. 1st year I can play in it. I would say the Big 50 and Colossus this year with the starting stacks increased are great values.
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
    I would say plan ahead on what events you want to play and register early for any events you want sometime the lines are crazy.
    It is usually very cold in the poker rooms (unless the AC goes out like last year)
    I bring a bag with a portable battery, aspirin, a hoodie water and snacks to eat as the lines are often line for food on breaks.

Last edited:
sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t play live poker and to my mind I`m fish in this discipline (but probably I`m fish in online poker too)) So it`s the first reason for me to miss this great event. If I visit WSOP 2019 I absolutely break my bankroll management and it`s the second reason.
But if I could play any of this tourneys, the most attractive for me is $10 000 Super Turbo Bounty, becouse last time I play this sort of tournaments with big pleasure! And "can`t miss " tournament for me is $5 000 No Limit Holdem .

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First and foremost, this turner is the dream of every poker player, as it is a prestige to be a world champion ... for my part I would like to participate, but my country situation does not allow me, I wish you the best of the luck to all those who can participate and that the god of poker is on your side, since there will be the best players in the world .. greetings and luck

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In a perfect world, I'd play the small non-bracelet events and try to satty into the bigger events, hoping to make enough where I can play in the bracelet events.

The Big 50 and Colossus are definitely appealing to my small bankroll. And I can't wait to play in the Colossus this year!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always dream to be on this event but because of some problems for me at the moment it is not possible. If you could play any event (I would choose $ 1500 Pot-Limit Omaha). never been to this event

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers
Wasn't planning on going to Vegas this year BUT it's now looking like a distinct possibility (just needing accommodations for my dogs while I'm there)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Millionaire maker. Monster Stack. Senior's Event. Ladies Event.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Monster Stack
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Yes been there before. Go early!!!! Play in a couple of the Rio Daily Deepstack tournaments prior to the WSOP ones (they're pretty cheap & held right in the RIO alongside the WSOP tourneys). This will help to get you adjusted to the environment and take care of any nervous jitters.
There's lots of donkeys in those tournaments.... work hard to weed them out & discern between who knows what they're doing... & who doesn't.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers
Wasn't planning on going to Vegas this year BUT it's now looking like a distinct possibility (just needing accommodations for my dogs while I'm there)
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Millionaire maker. Monster Stack. Senior's Event. Ladies Event.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Monster Stack
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Yes been there before. Go early!!!! Play in a couple of the Rio Daily Deepstack tournaments prior to the WSOP ones (they're pretty cheap & held right in the RIO alongside the WSOP tourneys). This will help to get you adjusted to the environment and take care of any nervous jitters.
There's lots of donkeys in those tournaments.... work hard to weed them out & discern between who knows what they're doing... & who doesn't.
How long do those daily deep stack tourneys take? I was thinking about hitting 1 or 2 of those.

I'm bringing my dogs. But luckily, I have someone there in Vegas who will watch after them.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one (s)?
- Nowadays, I can not think about this type of event. But I believe I visit Las Vegas and play a tournament.

If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?

I would do a financial planning and play the cheapest, due to the field.
But there's still plenty of time to put a stop to it. I do not want to create expectations.

Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is the "can not miss" tournament?

ONE DROP for the pro poker pkayer (highstakes)

Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.

hahahaha Can we consider within dreams? haha ha

WSOP