CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you going to Las Vegas this season to play some event? Which are)?
Not
If you could play any event (other than Main Event) what would it be?
Big 50
Which event (other than Main) in your opinion is a "can not miss" tournament?
50th Annual High Roller
Have you been to the wsop before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for beginners.
Never.
It's hard to understand that there are still online winners who do not like live poker. If I were a successful player with enough bankrolls to buy in and travel, I would definitely be at those major poker events.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super well written guide! Thank you so much for putting it together!

I won't be attending the WSOP this year and unless I can get lucky and satellite into it,
my chances of ever attending are very low! :eek:

I have watched WSOP vlogs before and I have to say, the 10K 6 Handed NL Holdem
event seemed to attract many top players. If I could play any event, that would be the one!! :D

In my opinion, the most prestigious event other than the Main would be the $50,000 Poker Players Championship.
It is the event that my favorite poker player Michael Mizrachi won 3 times!!! :adore:

Since I've never been to the WSOP before, I don't have any advice to share. Though I've gathered from reading through
other people's experiences, eating and sleeping well, getting to your table on time and playing super tight are all very good ideas. :icon_thum

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to visit this event if I win a package online. In addition to the main event, I would like to play in the $ 888 Crazy Eights No-Limit Hold'em tournament. Be sure to not miss this tournament Millionaire Maker for $ 1500, in which huge prizes for a fairly small buy-in. Unfortunately I have never been to WSOP, but in order to navigate in the tables for beginners, it is necessary to monitor official poker sites more often and watch the broadcast.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)? Nope
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? Definitely some Deep Stacks and some of the NLHE Bounties!
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? #17 The Heads Up
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers. Not yet , hope I will make it at some point!
I try to watch those events and understand how the players are thinking!My favorite WSOP winner is M.Jacobson , 2014 winner. He won $10M and he was short stacked when he was short stacked and he managed to take it down! What a massive victory.

Best of luck to CC participants this year and have fun!

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
WSOP 2019 50th Anniversary

I am finally going to the WSOP. Its been a dream of mine since I was a child so many years ago watching it on tv.
It was amazing to watch & the thought of playing cards for a chance to win big money was incredible to watch as a child. Iwas always playing cards as a child playing all the fun child card games like fish, crazy eights etc etc.Then when I seen poker for the first time on tv was euphoric.
When online started I was like a kid in a candy store. I played and played putting in unimaginable hours.
As of right now I am preparing to get my mind right, working out and studying 8 hours a day.
I feel like a kid once again getting ready to play this beautiful game I Love tremendously. Nobody loves this game like I do, absolutely nobody.

I feel like all the stars are aligning. What better time to make my first appearance at the WSOP. THE 50 TH Anniversary!! See you all there & good luck to you all.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly, each year we head to Alaska and the Northwest by late May. If the SO didn't have heat intolerance issues, would love to postpone the trip a bit so we could share in the Vegas fun.

To all who can make it ... we'll be watching from the data stream rails ....

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played in a live tournament in my life. All the more so on such a big tournament like this one. I think this is one of those dreams that will remain a dream and never come true.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read this tread Cardschat guide to the 2019 WSOP.

Read this thread: CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)Then come back here and let us know:

I only play as a hobby - I would never qualify for this .
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)?
  • No
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
  • It has to be Omaha Hi/Lo or No Limit Holdem, as i can only play these games.
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
  • Same as above No Limit Holdem or Omaha Hi/Lo
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
  • No - I have no idea.
  • Going to the WSOP? - may bee after i have retired from my job.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing the WSOP is definitely the dream! But that dream is not gonna happen for me this year for sure.

I mean, it takes a lot of money for entry fees, and not only that. Costs of staying and living for couple of weeks, not to mention the further you are from Vegas, the costs of flight go up... Regardless, you will all see me at WSOP at some point. If I happen to win some of CC merchandise I'll make sure to wear it at the main event :D

As for what tournaments I would play, probably some Omaha, and Omaha Hi/Lo for fun and fast paced game.
But as a no miss tournament - I'd say 600$ deepstack championship in no-limit hold'em. It starts, and is expected to finish couple of days before the Main event. It just seems as a good tournament for some practice, feel of the room, players etc, while at the same time, there is enough time to relax and rest before the Main event starts!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going? Yeah, baby, yeah!

Playing: possibly the 1500 Dealer's Choice since I'm a mixed game player who plays everything. Generally I end up mostly playing the cash games though. I like the flexibility of playing when I want for as little or long as I'd like.

I'll be out there May 31-June 10 staying at Planet Hollywood. May play their dealer's choice event $150 June 2nd (the day before the WSOP event).

PM me if you're there at that time and want to meet up!

Been going most years for the past 13 years! Advice: have fun and take in a show or hiking trip to get a break somewhere in the middle of your trip to help you play better and reset your mindset.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow so many events Hope one day soon I can travel there and play at least one of all this awesome events being parts of the WSOP sould be a dream come true hehehe... thanks for letting me know all the ways I can qualify Tammy :D..

Awesome article like always!

pretorijan

pretorijan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest poker series in the world is set to kick-off in Las Vegas at the end of May. CardsChat has created a complete guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker for you! Check out this year's schedule of events, learn how to enter, and a history of past winners along with so much more!

You'll find everything you need here: Your 2019 World Series of Poker Guide

Then come back here and let us know:
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be?
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament?
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers.
109aa353a9f4a17f94ae76bdb1841f46.png
no,i cant go to the States,because I cant get visa.Defenetly will play omaha hi/lo event,most interesting to me.Big one for one drop,great players and big money in prises.Like i said cant help anyone because Im not been there

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the big money and travel scares me in all honesty.I like the quiet life and my poker goal if i have one is to make enough extra income to enjoy a few of the finer things in life,and just to be a success at something i really enjoy...that to me is the icing on the cake we call life.:bath:

jingler

jingler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the article, but this event is not for me. He is visited by rich people or professional poker players who can risk their money. Yes, of course, there is a chance to win a pokerstars ticket to this event, but the chances are incredibly small))

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I haven't play at a WSOP yet! I do not think it is so far away because of the satellites! The main event is the most attractive or the "millionmaker"! Everyone who wants to play must be perfectly prepaired. I think that poker sites must put more satellites for the WSOP, to give more chances to the poker players!

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Will i be playing in the WSOP 2019 50Th Anniversay

Yes for sure 100. I would never miss it for the world to play at the WSOP & especially on its 50th Anniversary.I have been blessed to have this opportunity to play on this special occasion. It will be my first time in Las Vegas and the beautiful USA.

I am so stoked to be going. A lot of my dreams are coming true.
1.Going to the USA.
2.Going to Vegas.
3.Playing in the WSOP

Whatever else happens will be a bonus. I have worked very hard on my game.
This is gonna be a trip of a Lifetime for me. I cant wait.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The biggest poker series in the world is set to kick-off in Las Vegas at the end of May. CardsChat has created a complete guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker for you! Check out this year's schedule of events, learn how to enter, and a history of past winners along with so much more!

You'll find everything you need here: Your 2019 World Series of Poker Guide

Then come back here and let us know:
109aa353a9f4a17f94ae76bdb1841f46.png
No I'm not playing in an event at the WSOP this year. I never have been to Los Vegas. I would like to play in the Razz event. The can't miss event would be The Players Championship.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this thread! thank you for sharing Tammy <3
  • Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? Which one(s)?No unfortunately :( Is hard find a passport in my country, but I hope some day go to Las Vegas. I love your country I was there twice.
  • If you could play any event (other than the Main Event) which one would it be? LAPT (LatinAmerican Poker TOUR) just a dream hoping converts to reality.
  • Which event (other than the Main) in your opinion is a "can't miss" tournament? EPT
  • Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for first timers. Never been to the WSOP, but I think best advice on how to navigate the tables first to all is have a good reading of players in tables, then play your chips safety. no risk all your chips at least you are secure that you have the winning hand.
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never played in the WSOP and I don't plan to go this year.
But if I had a chance to play any event,
my choice will be event #58 $1,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold'em.
And I will want to play it with MTCashman :)

I wish good luck to all members who'll participate in WSOP :)

PokeRocK

PokeRocK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be a real torture for me to play the Main Event if I paid the entry money myself. I do have some spare $10.000 but not in my poker bankroll, so it wouldn't be wise to play at a tournament in which you wouldn't be confident playing bankroll-wise.

On the other hand, I could play 5-10 tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $400 (the $400 Colossus) to $1500 without thinking much of the entry costs.

If I satellite in or get a sponsor for the Main Event one day, it would be a different story :)

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A nice article to whet the appetite of any aspiring WSOP entrant. Here are my observations and comments the article.
Very sadly, once again, unless I can win an entry (with travel and accommodation) or get very nicely invited by someone to come along and they will pay for my buy in and lodgings etc (keep hoping Damo), I shall not be going to Vegas this year!
I fancy playing any of the Pot Limit Omaha games, as I think I will focus some of my attention this year to developing my omaha game.
It has to be any event that any of the Mods at CardChat will be playing in. Looking forward to seeing what you guys get yourself into and seeing how you do!
Looking forward to reading the advice that is proffered so that the I do get there I am ready!
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Thanks
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
BB

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read this thread: CardsChat's Guide to the 2019 World Series of Poker (WSOP)Then come back here and let us know:

Are you going to Vegas this season to play any events? What)?

No

If you could play any event (other than the main event), what would it be?

$1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha

What event (except the Main one), in your opinion, is the tournament "I can't miss"?

$1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha 8 or Better

Been to the WSOP before? Give us your best advice on how to navigate the tables for beginners.

Never

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • I hope I will be able to go one day but for now it’s just a dream.
  • $10,000 PLO 8-max
  • Millionaire Maker

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll be there for the Colossus, and try to satellite other events. The Main Event remains a bucket list item for me. I’d like to try the Millionaire Maker also.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
  • Unfortunately not
  • I'm extremely passionate about Colossus
  • Colossus :D
  • I've been to Vegas but I did not have the opportunity to play WSOP

WSOP