CardsChat WSOP 2017 Team Event - The Colossus June 2-7 - Rail Thread!

JonSofen

JonSofen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings all!

I'm Jon Sofen. I write news articles here at CardsChat and have been grinding the poker scene since 2003.

I cashed in the Colossus in 2015 (1,454th place) and will be winning the bracelet this year! Good luck to the rest of you on finishing in 2nd place! haha

I will be more than happy to represent CardsChat.

Not sure which specific flight I am going to play but it will likely be Flight C.

Hope to meet some of you at the Rio this summer!

My new Twitter account (previous one @JonSofen got banned...ugh) is @JonSofenPoker - follow me!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings all!

I'm Jon Sofen. I write news articles here at CardsChat and have been grinding the poker scene since 2003.

I cashed in the Colossus in 2015 (1,454th place) and will be winning the bracelet this year! Good luck to the rest of you on finishing in 2nd place! haha

I will be more than happy to represent CardsChat.

Not sure which specific flight I am going to play but it will likely be Flight C.

Hope to meet some of you at the Rio this summer!

My new Twitter account (previous one @JonSofen got banned...ugh) is @JonSofenPoker - follow me!

Was wondering what happened to it. :p

Will add you to the list!

F

FlyingBuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Going To Win WSOP 2017

Looking forward to Represent Cards Chat at wsop 2017 Colossus Tournament !!!...

:jd4::jd4:

avipokiri143

avipokiri143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less than couple of months for the Colossus, doing my bit to be prepared for the big day and looking forward to represent CardsChat. [emoji1308][emoji4]

masonman88

masonman88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this looks promising! My game and life are not geared to do this. except from the rail here :) good luck to the cardschat team !:wink:

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good game Debi you!) Good luck! I'm sorry for all !!!) I'll be sick for you!)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any confirmed team members who do not have a card protector and a hoodie please send me a pm.

H

Henrique Cardoso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Insane!!! You guys rock a lot!!
Hope to get good enough to represent one day!!
Keep up the good job!

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity that I can not get into the tournament.:(

Will there be a TV broadcast of this tournament?
I'd like to see the members of the CC and to learn from the experience.

I fully support you))) Unfortunately I do not have such means to fly to Las Vegas, but I would very much like to cheer for the Cardschat team and watch those members who will perform in this grandiose event !!! I wish you excellent results!

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
CardsChat will be having it's 6th WSOP team event this summer!

We are putting together a team to represent us in the Colossus tournament that starts on Fri, June 2nd and ends on June 7th. The buy-in is $565 and there are 6 starting flights. It is a re-entry event that will run for 6 days. $1,000,000 is guaranteed for 1st place!

Flight 5A - 10am Friday, June 2
Flight 5B - 4pm Friday, June 2
Flight 5C - 10am Sat, June 3
Flight 5D - 4pm Sat, June 3
Flight 5E - 10am Sun, June 4
Flight F - 4pm Sun, June 4

The event will be a last longer challenge and the team will consist of 14 to 20 members. We are taking names now for those who are interested and CardsChat members are welcome to join in! Long term CardsChat members who meet all of the qualifications may be accepted right away - decisions on all others will be made in phases until the team is complete.

As we add members they will need to post in this thread to introduce themselves and give us a little bit of background on their poker experience and history. Link your Twitter account please.

Cardschat will pay $165 of each team member's $565 entry into the event. (This is a re-entry event - you can re-enter but we will only pay $165 one time per team member).

The team member who lasts the longest will get $400 - the remainder of their buy-in!

-In the event that no one makes Day 2 of the event, then we will determine the winner of the last longer by highest cash earned in the tournament - so choose your flight wisely.

We will also be giving away $25 Twitter prizes to team members during the event - we will announce those prior to the start of the event so you will know what to do to try to win some extra money.

You can start in any flight - however I will probably not be there until Sat. You must meet ALL requirements before getting paid. I will not be chasing you down to fulfill the requirements - including posting in this thread, so you could lose your spot if you don't take care of them in a timely manner. :)

Team members will be required to:
  1. Post their introduction to the team in this thread with full name and flight expected to play along with a link to their Twitter account.
  2. Participate in this rail thread. (or post their tournament updates in Twitter).
  3. Wear a CardsChat hoodie or t-shirt and use a CardsChat card protector throughout the entire event. (Both will be provided by CardsChat unless you have already been given one in a previous event. (They must have the logo on the back). Baseball caps and t-shirts will be provided if they are going to be worn. Hoodies may be placed on the back of your chair - however if you are being televised either the hoodie, a CC tshirt or a CC cap must be visible.
  4. Follow us and tweet about participating in the team event mentioning @CardsChat prior to and during the event.
  5. Tweet a picture of yourself wearing your CC gear and mention @CardsChat.
All of the above must be done before you receive your $165 - plus you need to already be registered for the event. You will not be eligible for the last longer prize if you do not wear CC gear during the entire event.

Team Members so far: (bolded have made intro posts here and approval is final)
  1. Debi O'Neill (dakota-xx/@dakotaxx) - Flight C
  2. Donna Scruggs (belladonna05/@belladonna005 - Flight C
  3. Joe Mussat (JoeShowdown/@JoeShowdown - Flight A
  4. Matt Vaughan (Scourrge/@mEVpoker - Flight C
  5. Lori Miller (PokerVixon/@PokerVixen - Flight D
  6. Dmytro Li (Flyingbuddha/Twitter @DmytroLi) - Flight D
  7. Seth Foster (foxlikeruse/@foxlikeruse) -
  8. Avinash Patibandla (Avipokiri143/@itz_me_avi) - Flight B
  9. Jon Sofen (JonSofen/@JonSofenPoker - Flight C?
Reservation/Possible List:

1. Talden (
  2. Sai Goutham Koyas(koyapicks/@SKGoutham) - Flight B
  3. Jason Herald (Mortis/@Jasonsaurus) - maybe
  4. Rex Clinkscales (Rex Clinkscales/@rexclinkscales)
  5. Lisa Nichols (DiamondDixie/@DiamondDixie)
  6. Kristin Ting (Tingaling/@queenofsets)
  7. Chris Baud
  8. Ryan Laplante (Protential/@ProtentialMN)

You can find details on the tournament here:

Colossus III

Can't wait to see you all there!

View attachment 140785

Hello, Debi! I only have two questions that interest me: 1) Do I have to know English for participation, in a team game or is it not so important? 2) Should I pay travel to the place of the game myself or is it somehow compensated? :confused:

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm Jeff Weismann and have made my reservation for a room and will be driving down to play in either E of F flights pending confirmation tomorrow.

My twitter account is @ognireerf

I enjoyed winning all 4 USA leader boards last year on cardschat forum and won 3 $260 big game tickets 3 years ago from CC and finished 13th in the 3rd game winning $1200. I also won CC's last last longer competition 3-4 years ago as well. This is my 10th season as a Captain in league and I am part of Cardschats social media team. I am so excited to represent Cardschat in Vegas.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Debi! I only have two questions that interest me: 1) Do I have to know English for participation, in a team game or is it not so important? 2) Should I pay travel to the place of the game myself or is it somehow compensated? :confused:

You have to be able to communicate your plays in English and yes you have to pay your own expenses.

I'm Jeff Weismann and have made my reservation for a room and will be driving down to play in either E of F flights pending confirmation tomorrow.

I enjoyed winning all 4 USA leader boards last year on cardschat forum and won 3 $260 big game tickets 3 years ago from CC and finished 13th in the 3rd game winning $1200. I also won CC's last last longer competition 3-4 years ago as well. This is my 10th season as a Captain in league and I am part of Cardschats social media team. I am so excited to represent Cardschat in Vegas.

Weee - so excited!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Team Members so far: (bolded have made intro posts here and approval is final)
  1. Debi O'Neill (dakota-xx/@dakotaxx) - Flight C
  2. Donna Scruggs (belladonna05/@belladonna005 - Flight C
  3. Joe Mussat (JoeShowdown/@JoeShowdown - Flight A
  4. Matt Vaughan (Scourrge/@mEVpoker - Flight C
  5. Lori Miller (PokerVixon/@PokerVixen - Flight D
  6. Dmytro Li (Flyingbuddha/Twitter @DmytroLi) - Flight D
  7. Seth Foster (foxlikeruse/@foxlikeruse) -
  8. Avinash Patibandla (Avipokiri143/@itz_me_avi) - Flight B
Reservation/Possible List:

1. Talden (
  2. Sai Goutham Koyas(koyapicks/@SKGoutham) - Flight B
  3. Jason Herald (Mortis/@Jasonsaurus) - maybe
  4. Rex Clinkscales (Rex Clinkscales/@rexclinkscales)
  5. Lisa Nichols (DiamondDixie/@DiamondDixie)

CONGRATULATION TEAM. GOOD LUCK

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Go cardschat GO!!!

I'll be railing you guys from Suriname:):):)

If there is any live telecast do let me know so I can show some poker buddies here in Suriname that cardschat is worth the joining:D:D:D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go cardschat GO!!!

I'll be railing you guys from Suriname:):):)

If there is any live telecast do let me know so I can show some poker buddies here in Suriname that cardschat is worth the joining:D:D:D

There will be 2 ways to follow along - in this thread and in Twitter so be sure to follow @cardschat before the event.

Cardschat Twitter

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

was wondering why your name disappeared from the list. very excited to hear you are for sure going. hope you do well :) good luck sir.

D

davidkopp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
David Kopp Introduction

My name is David Kopp. I have been a professional poker player since 1977. Mostly cash games. I had always dreamed of winning a WSOP bracelet. Two years ago I almost lost my life. I had a heart attack, quadruple bypass and a stroke. Its been a long road back but I have my health back and I am in pretty good shape for a 60 year old man.

Flight 5A

@realdavidkopp

(Quick note from madison kopp... david's wife... i started a project involving cardschat and other sites that offer freerollsforcontent and tripped over this promo. I knew David would be interested. My facebook group is Two Kinds of Poker and his facebook page promoting the book he is writing is David Kopp is Smarter Than You. He should be an asset to this community---thank me later, nice to meet you.)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My name is David Kopp. I have been a professional poker player since 1977. Mostly cash games. I had always dreamed of winning a WSOP bracelet. Two years ago I almost lost my life. I had a heart attack, quadruple bypass and a stroke. Its been a long road back but I have my health back and I am in pretty good shape for a 60 year old man.

Flight 5A

@realdavidkopp

(Quick note from madison kopp... david's wife... i started a project involving cardschat and other sites that offer freerollsforcontent and tripped over this promo. I knew David would be interested. My facebook group is Two Kinds of Poker and his facebook page promoting the book he is writing is David Kopp is Smarter Than You. He should be an asset to this community---thank me later, nice to meet you.)

Hi David! I like your post - and the note from your wife lol. Look forward to meeting both of you. Feel free to friend me in Facebook - Debi O'Neill. I make some posts about the event there.

I will add you to the team and send you a pm. Hope to see you around in the forum! :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like I'm going to have to bow out. I won't be able to make it back to Vegas that week.. maybe later in June during WSOP month, but I won't be able to make it for the Colossus.

On that note, count me in for next year.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like I'm going to have to bow out. I won't be able to make it back to Vegas that week.. maybe later in June during WSOP month, but I won't be able to make it for the Colossus.

On that note, count me in for next year.

Look forward to next year!

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a live tournament?

WSOP