CardsChat WSOP 2017 Team Event - The Colossus June 2-7 - Rail Thread!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
great pics & looks like a great time was had by all. Amazing how much different Sir Stephen looks with the cowboy hat on. :eek:

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congrats seth.....nice run......my stack got crippled from 8-4 raise utg...smh...i even flopped 2 pair and he rivered trip 4's.......story of my vegas trip.....but i had a great time....and to the few team members i met ..it was nice meeting u.......cant wait to do it again....

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the chip leader heading into the final table was at my table in the golden nugget 100k grtd i entered....dude was a huge donk/fish and was out in a few hands......just goes to show u that its alot of luck.....i am pretty sure he was a huge donk in this tounry and just so happen to stack alot of chips early......just like the huge donk utg 8-4 raise on me......those players always hit on me

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great pics & looks like a great time was had by all. Amazing how much different Sir Stephen looks with the cowboy hat on. :eek:
Shhhhh thats mine and Jeff's secret :eek::eek::eek::D

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC WSOP

I would love to hear more about the wsop experiences....what was it like to walk into a huge poker room and see hundreds of players including some pros?
Was it intimidating? Did you change your strategy from your local poker room play? Were you trying to win it all, or were you just trying to cash? For those who made it past day 1, did you get any sleep? Were most of you at the Rio, or nearby hotels? Was it difficult to book a room....how far in advance did you need to book?

Anything else you could add would be wonderful to read. Thanks.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to hear more about the WSOP experiences....what was it like to walk into a huge poker room and see hundreds of players including some pros?
Was it intimidating? Did you change your strategy from your local poker room play? Were you trying to win it all, or were you just trying to cash? For those who made it past day 1, did you get any sleep? Were most of you at the Rio, or nearby hotels? Was it difficult to book a room....how far in advance did you need to book?

Anything else you could add would be wonderful to read. Thanks.

Being at the Rio during the WSOP is an amazing experience. You see pros every day - at the tables and in the halls.

It is not intimidating for me - but I have been going for years. I don't change my strategy at all and never try to just cash - though I will tighten up a bit near the bubble if I need to based on my stack size.

I have only stayed at the Rio one time - staying there is not important to me because I play at other places on the strip as well. I stayed a couple of nights at the Aria and the rest in my timeshare. I would recommend booking rooms a few months in advance - but you can still get them last minute.

Using Uber and Lyft to get around is reasonable and easy.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Debi, and congrats on your cash in the Colossus.

F

FlyingBuddha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats TCC special to Ryan and Seth !
Good job !

:jd4::jd4:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loving the pictures Guys, and Gals.
(until the ones where chris ferguson lost his clothes).
I guess he'll be stealing and selling straws next.

I thought the straw story was the best thing in this thread....but this post has taken over the top spot!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I only just stumbled across this, great pics and story Jeff, lol at the straw guy.

Did you get that guys phone No. ;)

One day.

:top:

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Lol congrats to all. pictures just gorgeous

K

Katetruax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much does this tournament cost too enter

Scott419

Scott419

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick note: I've found a weird glitch when viewing this thread from the mobile version that doesn't happen when viewing it from the desktop version: you can't see anything but the title in the original post. You can see all the replies but not the content of the original post.

It's fine when you view it on desktop version.

Might explain why some folks aren't following all the instructions in their Sign up post...they can't see the instructions...
Yeah they have to go back to beginning to see it. Most just ask instead of looking tho.

WSOP