Can you learn anything from zynga poker?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL wow kid you are hilarious. You are obviously too thick skulled to learn the game and you know the only people you can beat are Zynga players.

By the way I didn't know depositing via pre-paid visa card and withdrawing via check in the mail is classified as a "shady ass money gram" And some illegitimate website violating TOS, offering to pay you for virtual chips that have no monetary value in the long term doesn't seem shady at all....

And you keep saying "Zynga is the most popular poker site in the world!!" like that's supposed to mean something? It is popular simply because it is on FACEBOOK, what don't you get about that?

Whatever dude, if you want to be one of the thousands of donkeys that play on that site, go ahead. But don't consider yourself a poker player. Beating those games means nothing. You shouldn't even be on a poker forum.

^^^^^^^^ this was totally unnecessary and I guess you feel like a big boy for being such a jerk...... If you dont have any content to add, maybe just keep it to yourself.

Well if it pisses you off that much, I think Ill stick around quite a bit longer.

Im hardly a "kid" im 26, you condescending asshole. Quit trolling my thread.

^^^This was also not really necessary for the same reasons above, although I can understand you wanting to post something like this. BUT just let it roll off your back like a bad beat. Learning how to not let tilt control you in all areas of life helps your poker game as well, believe it or not.

There I just went on carbon poker, I go to make an account and it says it is not accepting any accounts from the state I reside in. So looks like zynga is the only option for now.

About this I cant help you since I am not in the US. But you can play on many sites for play money (although I dont recommend it, but maybe better than FB?? Na, forget that, play money suks...it really has no similarity to real money) There are a number of sites for US players, and many were already mentioned here. Google can certainly help you like "poker sites for real money in xxxxx" (xxxxx = your state), or start a thread where you ask for specific information such as where, how to deposit whatever.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There I just went on carbon poker, I go to make an account and it says it is not accepting any accounts from the state I reside in. So looks like zynga is the only option for now.
You in NY?

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zynga

What's to learn at zynga poker it's a waste of time playing for no money and the thing that gets me there peeps actually buy chips if they run out to keep playing. Now if you're going to purchase fake chips why not deposit in a legit poker site. CH72:)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's to learn at zynga poker it's a waste of time playing for no money and the thing that gets me there peeps actually buy chips if they run out to keep playing. Now if you're going to purchase fake chips why not deposit in a legit poker site. CH72:)

Really? People buy chips to play for play money???

rofl

Z

ZNT746

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason I was insulting Jimmy is because I found it a little bit annoying that you come on to a poker forum and ask if you can learn anything from Zynga and when EVERYONE tells you that you can't and it's a waste of time, you get defensive and say you don't care and try to explain to us that there is value in playing on that shitty site. But whatever, people will do what they want, if you want to play on Zynga...go ahead. I'll stop "trolling" your thread.

J

JimmyS1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I tried to make an account for carbon poker and it wouldn't accept it. So I am pretty much stuck with zynga.

Mid-thread I realized everyone was giving me advice on how to be a better poker player. So initially I was defensive, but then I came around.

I do find it annoying that I don't have a game log that I can have a better poker player review. I would really like that, and I don't even know if hold-em manager 2 works with zynga (probably doesn't).

I am serious about getting good at this game, so I will heed your advice.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are other sites that U.S.players can play at sites like the cake network,minted,etc.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people play difrent when the chips aint real just remember that but the hight stakes zynga poker they r really good players and i learned alot from them

IWinUlose

IWinUlose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Merge was suppose to start letting US players back in and you can play at Cake they have a couple of sites so there are places to play google poker sites for US players.

S

SpadeSFuLL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Zynga play is just TERRIBLE!! If anything it's a good tool for seeing how NOT to play poker lol

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not? Of course you learn from it because its poker even if its just for play money. At least on my part I have because I play Zynga to win and learn and not just to go all in all the time.

have_cards_will_travel

have_cards_will_travel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you leaarn from zynga. And if you're lucky you can recover from what you learned there. You find out how bad it was for you when you are creamed by 'real money players'. And IF you can recover from the slop/bad play you've learned, then you need a book that tells/offers some strategy and tactics (a little like chess). Iron sharpens iron!

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think it helps beginners, but it would prob be a detriment to more experienced players.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jimmy I have but one question for you. Are you trying to convince us or, are you trying to convince yourself, that you can learn something that Zynga?

J

JUDGE1018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah ,u can learn evry1 plays just about evry hand its like playing bingo.

FrankMStone

FrankMStone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From NeoGaf:

Originally Posted by Ex-Zynga dev:
yeah....the poker thing is kinda of devious.
They shuffle the deck for hundreds of millions of people. Expect stupid results.

so theres millions of people playing poker.
An instance of a poker table takes up a significant amount of data. shuffling the deck for millions of poker tables would rape the server.
Instead, have "pre packaged" scenarios... roll them and randomize which scenario comes us. Cheaper.
Can also "construct" scenarios, to add some "drama"

that shit, with skewed decks, happens too often.
Because they shuffle the deck for millions of people.

[–]What does "shuffle the deck for millions of people" mean? Are you trying to say they do stack the deck to generate more exciting scenarios?

Precisely.

[–]Do you know this for a fact? Because that's very ****ed up if true.

Fact. (though I did not have full access to the server code, this is just from observation, and my knowledge as a coder)

Those decks are pre-packaged, and they randomize the packages for each poker table. You WILL see "dramatic odds", often, when the server hiccups.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think zynga poker will only make your game worse,You need to play for real money and icrease levels when you can afford it.

C

criss159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't learn the true secret of the game by playing poker with no material stakes..