Would You Fold AK Pre-Flop?

• Total voters
linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I am in the satellite and in the prizes, I will also drop AA)))

F

FuccinALLin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many times get smashed.. not a good idea preflop going all in.. need at least a pair

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest AKo fold came at a FT in an $11 poker stars tournament. Six or seven folks left. Early position raise followed by an allin caused me to fold. That's the only hand I remember from the FT. After 18 hours, I shipped the tournament. My finest tournament win. Who knows what would have happened if I had called.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I fold with AK,QQ pre flop. To fold with premium hands depends from a lot of factors, how many players went all in pre flop, tourneys buy in, how deep you are in torney, stack etc. So to fold with AK actually is not a big deal.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I fold AKo, especially when we get close to the bubble and my stack size is just high enough to pass the cut.
It can seem too shy but in the past I experienced a lot of fatal bad beats happening exactly in this situation :(

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK for me it is a good hand all depending on the position on the tournament. all in is always:)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it's supposed to be folded in certain scenarios - due to action, stack sizes and ICM.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have no problem folding AK preflop if the action is indicating someone has a kings or aces.. I do like to open with AK more often then not

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s all situational. I have done it but very rarely.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded AK preflop to an all in and call with 9 people left at a final table today when I was 9th in chips. I then proceeded to block the view of the screen so I wouldn’t tilt if victorious, and laddered up to 5th place.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gotta say, I have done this a rare couple of times in poker tournaments, only because I'm so close to being paid in the tournament that I don't want to risk losing to a subpar hand. Anyone else done this? Or if you haven't, what was the toughest fold you made in a game pre-flop?

I would fold, only in one situation, namely triple or more all-in.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are situations when I would fold them preflop , if many players are in the pot and I see a lot of interrest by all of them , if I suspect AA or KK to be one of their hole cards . It depends on my stack size and the stack sizes of the other players . AK is still a drawing hand even vs one player . I want to play it carefully . But in freerolls I am ready to play them preflop , don't careso much , i have seen in freerolls players play very light game , all cr** all in preflop :)

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes there are situations when it is right to fold for me. are there times to fold KK?

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of course i would fold AK pf, not folding AA or KK tho

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that definitely makes sense in a tournament. Doesn't make any sense in a cash game tho.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
situation is the buy in high and the game worthfull than yes it has to be a feeling there

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, when I'm in ITM near the bubble and one or more players shove. Or even when multiple players call a big raise.

C

Chuba02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend

I think that depends on the circumstances, but mainly on the amount of chips you have. I don't usually fold AK.

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble sometimes you fold everything. Post bubble they start drooping like flies.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll tell you more - I've passed a couple of times with aces...... I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if I have a multipot in front of me.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I fold AK many times. The other day I called an all in with AK vs AQ playing a CC freeroll, and the other player hits 3 Qs and that was for my tourny life.

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to fold this powerful hand, but sometimes you are must do it becouse if you don't you can loose all.

N

Nagulo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything would depend on the position in which I am to make a decision like that and win the pot, but in any case that several rivals have a higher value then I would prefer to withdraw

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Forgetting about the bubble there are times folding AK is easy as hell. If someone is jamming 250BB in the pot preflop its an easy fold in my opinion. Whey would I gamble so much when I am likely behind a pair. Lets say I am in the BB but UNG raises UNG 1 pushes all in and the button calls and the SB pushes all in, How good is my AK here. Its again an easy fold at times. These things dont happen all the times have you see 3 and 4 people in preflop and its Ak vs AQ VS Ax a and someone has JJ and the jacks win. Why because so many aces are out your hoping that you hit one of you 4 outs left.

Folding in Poker