Would you ever fold Aces?

A

Adict

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember someone folded AA preflop in a tournament I was watching live. I can't recall where exactly but he did good by folding.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice question asked haha. I think ill never fold the pocket Aces at the preflop.
Most of players would not. The player who has pocket Aces on the preflop has more win rate than any other on the table, thats i think a good reason not to fold them. Sometimes they will betray you sometimes they will reward you for the risk taken.
Its very rare to fold the preflop AA's, for the flop and forward to the game phases could be folded for sure.

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I would have folded aces today. Got them 5 times. Twice I 3xbb first in pot everyone folds. The other 3 I called 1 other persons preflop shove. I lost all 3. JJ hit jack on the river, Q6suited hit flush on the river, and of course the good ole 73 off suit 2nd time this week hit 4 runners flush with his 3 on the river.

Good ole aces.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't fold em unless you are guaranteed to place in a tourney.

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes dropped . but no longer I played on agressiyu.byvalo proigrival that most of the stack on the turn but zdelaesh Aces is not always a strong hand in poker ...

HoldemStar97

HoldemStar97

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what to do when you lose with marginal hands? Everyone loses it quite often. I've had dozens consecutive tournaments I've won all-in preflop with better card. And sometimes continues the series recently , it had one where I could not take more than 20 times with AA .

D

Dope Artist

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that if it is a first hand of tournament and there is 2 all-in's i can fold it. What about Negreanu, he is the best in reads so he can drop that hand and this case

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ну скинуть тузов это не так страшно на самом деле,главное понимать когда остановиться,если на доске явный стрит или флеш то куда рваться,как бы это не прискорбно но лучше скинуть.Но на префлопе никогда если ставят всё я кольну не задумываясь а там как повезёт)))

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop only when I sure about my place in a sat. tournament.
Otherwise never preflop.

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On another site a discussion was started about when would you ever fold Aces. There were several answers, but I recall Daniel Negreanu talking about never folding Aces or Kings, and he further stated that the one time he folded Kings it was because he thought his opponent had Aces. His opponent turned over his cards to show Queens. The only time I'm folding Aces (for certain) is in a Satellite where my seat is 90 percent guaranteed and playing those Aces would put me in a situation where my chances of winning a seat are greatly diminished. Any other circumstances when you would fold Aces?

Only Bubble zone with a small stack if someone goes all in

X

xkcezar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never fold AA preflop...even if you are bubble :)

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. Preflop it is never a mistake and in my opinion an all in hand. Otherwise a big raise followed by all in. More reward but more risk. I guess, it is what one is feeling at that present moment.

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop never and impossible fold AA BUT postflop turn and river some time u have to fold a big hand and then u will say that u are a good player.

M

mrbassboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably fold with pocket A's if I were really close to the money. Especially if I have a decent stack compared to the other players.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is just a strong couple. You can loose easily if you are expecting to win with a couple, because there are many other combinations who win.

Alex law

Alex law

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you are very happy when you have pocket aces !! But it is very difficult to make them fold! But I think it is better sometimes to lose and maintain at least some catch stack than moving!

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On another site a discussion was started about when would you ever fold Aces. There were several answers, but I recall Daniel Negreanu talking about never folding Aces or Kings, and he further stated that the one time he folded Kings it was because he thought his opponent had Aces. His opponent turned over his cards to show Queens. The only time I'm folding Aces (for certain) is in a Satellite where my seat is 90 percent guaranteed and playing those Aces would put me in a situation where my chances of winning a seat are greatly diminished. Any other circumstances when you would fold Aces?

wsop bubble four all ins sure is other times would do it but basically big money reasons etc.. depends on stack numbers of all ins

ive never folded aces so far but have called 8 all ins which I know is probably not the best choice lol kings also but once took out 8 people one hand with kings and that was awesome flopped quads one guy had aces and was kka flop but another guy had aj so was safe lol

i will say the 8 things are rare but just a week ago i saw the magical all in with 10 players

and would you know it? would you believe it no one had an ace and board was str8 flush king to nine haha

i missed saving it cause was so laughing soooo hard so a split 10 way pot

doubt will ever see that one again :)

B

Birdman33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't find no reason to fold aces preflop but find me losing a lot with those. If it was a bubble and the money was good, I might consider that. After the flop is a different animal.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with Negreanu on this one. Never folding Aces.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try not to fold Aces , the best hand pre flop even if I have to go all in with more than 4 people or all of them . But there are more situations where I can do otherwise , for example when I play on a satellite tournament and I have almost 80% reserved/obtained a seat being one of the middle stacks , I won't shove to risk this seat . If I'm on the FT bubble of a tournament with a lot of money to be at risk and 2-3 others have shoved I might not play them , but it depends on my stack , on others stack , my position , etc , if it's a normal tournament I will play or shove them if I'm on the FT bubble .
iF I have a board very wet , 4 cards of same suit and my Aces suits is different and I get raised I fold .
So it depends on many factors whether I would play or not , but generally I play them and try to extract as much value as I can from them .

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not remember ) ) Aces not overthrown like, with the kings of this happened )

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem folding Aces

Depending on the circumstances, I would fold Aces or any other hand.

For example, you can coast to the money, and calling could put you out. Then, I am going to fold. Then, once in the money, start playing poker again.

That is just one example. There are other circumstance where I would fold Aces. Don't fall in love with any hand.

Mike

Folding in Poker