The worst hands in poker

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't like play with 58 and 97 hands. Never won with those hands.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And what about 48 and 96 hands? ))) Are this hands more profitable for you?
For me the whorst hand is 32o ))

Almost the same situation with those hands. Very rarely 48 and 96 can compete on the table. Can say that from those 4 hands i like 96 the most.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost 7 consecutive all in hands with KK on betonline. So somehow against all odds KK is the worst hand for me. Makes no sense I know. Just sharing my pain.

Cerealez

Cerealez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to talk about garbages, I'm gonna talk about hands that you think are good but they are not, and they can make you loose to much money!
1. Q-T, for me this is the worst one, most of players think that it's good hand, but for me no! this hand is totally dominated by normal hands like Q-J , Q-K , T-K , T-A... even if you got top pair in the flop you are not sure what to do, you may loose because of your bad kicker!
2. J-8, this hand also may cost you a lot againt to many hands like J-T, J-9, J-Q, J-K... it can even make a real desastre against J-K if the flop comes Q-T-9. So there is to many reasons to fold this hand and not to play it at all.
So be carefall, and shoose between not to play those hands at all or playing this hands but very carefally.

Agree, those are tricky hands because you always think "what if i hit the pot" but reality is cruel:( and it is difficult to win cause there are a lot of better hands. Of course there are situations in which you need to play them for example if u are shortstack. You can take the risk if you are deep and the hand is cheap.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low suited ones, QJ, QT are the worst for me.
Also 46, 96 etc. ones.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the worst hand is 27o. 27o are the two smallest cards from which it is impossible to make a straight. Even if your cards are the same suit and you are lucky enough to collect a flush, then it will be weak in order to expect to win.

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont play 72o its a bad hand

M

Maksimus71087

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks.
That's right said. And QT and J-8 ... and so on. But the most dangerous yet KJ. After receiving a made hand you probably will asego top pair with an average kicker, and this is extremely dangerous and is fraught with big loser.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So there is to many reasons to fold this hand and not to play it at all.

Really? What are the odds of an opponent having a Queen with a better kicker? The question is not about playing a hand or not playing it. It's about when and how to play it. Especially from early positions they are a recipe for the desasters you described...

But if you limit your play hands that are far stronger than Q10 you will not recover your blinds...

Try to only play hands like Q10 J9 from late positions when everyone folded to you or there is just a minraise. Watch the flop... If you hit then buy the pot right there... In case of resistance you can still fold with small losses, depending on what kind of player you are up against. These hands are great for stealing blinds, because they will become playable on many flops in the case you get called.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think everything is quite relative and I don't particularly think the hands that you cited are bad. Notice, I don't know how your poker studies are doing, but in the example of J8 I wouldn't be afraid of KJ on a flop Q 9 10 I will tell you the reasons: This situation will happen much less often than you think, because if you have a J in your hand there are fewer KJ combos left in your opponent's hand. The chance you have the nuts and take all the chips of an opponent who has a pair of Q, or even two pairs like Q9, or a top pair with second highest kicker like KQ. So as you can see from this specific hand you will win all of your opponent's chips a lot more than losing.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think everything is quite relative and I don't particularly think the hands that you cited are bad. Notice, I don't know how your poker studies are doing, but in the example of J8 I wouldn't be afraid of KJ on a flop Q 9 10 I will tell you the reasons: This situation will happen much less often than you think, because if you have a J in your hand there are fewer KJ combos left in your opponent's hand. The chance you have the nuts and take all the chips of an opponent who has a pair of Q, or even two pairs like Q9, or a top pair with second highest kicker like KQ. So as you can see from this specific hand you will win all of your opponent's chips a lot more than losing.
yep, you're right! usually one of the remaining jacks comes on the river to give K5o a straight...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands