The worst hands in poker

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to talk about garbages, I'm gonna talk about hands that you think are good but they are not, and they can make you loose to much money!
1. Q-T, for me this is the worst one, most of players think that it's good hand, but for me no! this hand is totally dominated by normal hands like Q-J , Q-K , T-K , T-A... even if you got top pair in the flop you are not sure what to do, you may loose because of your bad kicker!
2. J-8, this hand also may cost you a lot againt to many hands like J-T, J-9, J-Q, J-K... it can even make a real desastre against J-K if the flop comes Q-T-9. So there is to many reasons to fold this hand and not to play it at all.
So be carefall, and shoose between not to play those hands at all or playing this hands but very carefally.

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good choices on Q10, and J8. I think it will depend on position too but one hand I’ve heard people say is KJ in early position. It looks pretty strong but in UTG it’s not as strong as it seems.

Though admittedly I still play it :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play these only when the stack is large, in case of loss I will lose a few blinds that will not affect my further game. Or play all-in when the stack is quite small, and you only have 2 options, or play all-in or fold.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to talk about garbages, I'm gonna talk about hands that you think are good but they are not, and they can make you loose to much money!
1. Q-T, for me this is the worst one, most of players think that it's good hand, but for me no! this hand is totally dominated by normal hands like Q-J , Q-K , T-K , T-A... even if you got top pair in the flop you are not sure what to do, you may loose because of your bad kicker!
2. J-8, this hand also may cost you a lot againt to many hands like J-T, J-9, J-Q, J-K... it can even make a real desastre against J-K if the flop comes Q-T-9. So there is to many reasons to fold this hand and not to play it at all.
So be carefall, and shoose between not to play those hands at all or playing this hands but very carefally.

-For me 7-2 is all time worse. Second is low suited hand like 32,54,67. Those get me in trouble many times.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hands down in mid stakes most overrated hands in mtts are 67s 78s (connectors) and 79s 57s 68s (gappers) when playing on 30bb. If table is not extremely tight, these hands will get you in trouble more than anything else, even if overall if overall they are break even hands. Took me one year to realize how much opportunity cost im paying when busting with them itm. This especially applies for 6max mtt tables 15-25bb. I dont have my database to show (i would absolutely love to), to show the overall results.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You're right, they're dangerous hands. In vain you catch J that you lose because you have a smaller kicker.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, QT and J8 are probably not worth playing. Thier value comes in hitting a straight and sometimes 2 pair. Unless im first to open in late position I don't often play QT, J8, J9, KJ. Dominated too often. However, I think a lot of my opponenets do and I have lost a couple of huge pots with AK, AQ or even top set with KK, QQ to QT, KJ when they have gotten a straight.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst hand 27. looks completely hopeless ...:saint:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont play 27, 28, 37, 38 and similar hands...QT I like to play but J8 I play rarely

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, these are 2 and 7 off-suit.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I try not to play weak hands, just a pass! and if I play a weak hand, then be extremely careful! because as you said! very often, it is expensive !!!

W

wdpcpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QT Not Played in MSS

I am working on a Mid stack strategy. QT is never in my opening hands. KQ isn't even there except for CO,BU, SB,BB.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think AK is way over rated, hurts the stack

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that the cards do not play very well with me -QT - J-8, and in cases of aggression and raising a big bet from other players, I discard such cards, and try to play them carefully and wait for to match good ones winning combinations with such cards, I wish you good luck in- your games

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on your position on the table and how many chips you have, but I think that with these hands you can and should play !!!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a basic range of starting hands. This range is approximately 20% from 100%. So in fact, 80% of starting hands are hands I think are bad.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, the most awful hand is the QJo. Earlier, I always lost with this hand. Now, I just do not play with such hands.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AXs as 3bet light. JTs and all lower suited connectors.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm QT is the hand I hate most play especially in UTG position. I usually fold this hand and prefer to wait for a better spot.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I traditionally consider the worst hands to be 72, 73, 82, 83, 92, 93.....
..... and besides, there are many more.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't play any of the hands you mention unless I'm in great position and they're suited or it's cheap to play them.

Ace with 2-9 I fold most of the time too, unless suited and/or cheap.

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the worst hand is a pair of deuces, it’s strange but you almost never manage to win on it online, and if a set comes, then most likely you will be dominated by another set, and only a couple of times I caught a square on this hand.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree with you that the cards do not play very well with me -QT - J-8, and in cases of aggression and raising a big bet from other players, I discard such cards, and try to play them carefully and wait for to match good ones winning combinations with such cards, I wish you good luck in- your games
I absolutely agree. :joyman:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst seem to be JJ, QQ & KK. It doesn't add up but I see many, many of those hands go to Ace-rag. They should change the odds tables to suit reality. :):):):):)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, you should understand what ranges and positions in poker. And then for you a certain hand will not matter much.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands