Chips
i'm learned playing online. pp np etc

LilMiss

LilMiss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learnt to play with a guy from work he had a party at his place one nite and I went and I was pretty drunk but I got the hang of it. Since then we have regular tourneys at his place with 2 of his mates and we play online together too.

A

alicia455

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i saw a party poker commercial on tv and decided to try it and i won about $300 and have been playing ever since nobody really showed me how to play i just learned off my mistakes

P

Pat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned by gettin my ass handed to me by my friends

i think the best lessons are just the PLAYING ones... not through books and tutorials

P

Pat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually check that...

I like books like Brunson's but i think there more of a add on then a guide or teacher!!

Knaaaamean!!

N

Nebulousbane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not ur Likely place

I first learned to play sitting in the county jail. after that I started watching the tourneys on TV. I met a couple of friends who play and then found PokerRoom.com and have been playing ever since...

Remeber Never under Estimate the IMPOSSIBLE!!!

H

harrington

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how to play poker yet, I am here for Pinochle freeroll on the 23rd or Nextober. I hope for one of you to teach me how to play.. See you on the tables

HarringtonJ

H

harrington

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be serious though I learned in the clubs of northern Cali, Oregon and Washing ton..

L

Lord

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i a bar with my friend play on video poker

Tamster

Tamster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gambled alot with reatives at early age, but hold em no limit, got my attention by seeing wpt and wsop on tv, and watched it over and over, and started online playing,
with play money for awhile, then real money , but tournaments i really like the most.

B

Benimaru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First time played on ultimate bet. At that point didn't know if a straight beats a flush or the other way around

T

Thors1982

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All my friend were playing poker and making tons online. So I decided to play with them just for like $5 tournys at my house.

Then I started playing in freerolls, was doing great. Then I deposited online..... and well been addicted every since, LOL

I still learn fromy watching my friends they are 10x better players than I am

cranck

cranck

Freeroll #12 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing exactly what Lavitz described, hitting Freerolls and the using the money earned to try out tournaments. So far earned a little bit on 2 sites and gotten a donation from the house of 10 usd on pacific. Playing it VERY carefull trying to learn every step i go :)

-caf

S

sss2005

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfornunately, I learned to play online and spent quite a few dollars on my education...hehe. Now, I can hold my own pretty well.

J

jakeWANG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online.
heared about this game, searched the Internet and started making money.
it's actually a simple game, just need to be coooooooool:)

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned by playing play money at pokerstars. Read a book or 2. I would advise anyone to play play money at pokerstars or paradise because they have the best players imo. Although play money isn't truely represntative of the skill level of real money. You will get practical experience on what to play and what not too play, you will probably still lose a little when you first put your money on the table. It will not be near as bad as it would be if you went in with no practice whatsoever. Random thoughts hope it helps

T

TankDogg33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
live games

I learned playin poker on live games with my friends... Its really the only way to learn because you need to learn how to lose before yu can learn how to win,...

L

lilchesster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned when i was 15 at work we'd play 10 cents poker draw an d stud than it progressed from there.

Y

ynggambler21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,
I started play 5 card draw and then as everyone else I learned how to play strip poker and then for the longest time never played then they started haveing the WPT on tv which i watch religiously now and thats where i learned how to play hold'em on tv I also love to play Omaha Hi-lo and Annie Duke is a really good Hi-lo player

T

TOO_UNLUCKY

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just watched t.v and said they make alot of money i wanna try it out, and picked up the game and loved it now i wanna do everything i can to become the best

M

michsi99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
started playing texas holdem with a couple of buddies.did get it at first but then started catching on slowly.Now i know about the game and even won some money from playing with my friends.Great game.

C

chin146099

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker with my friends at my Cigar Club. We actually still all play together. We started playing all sorts of games at the .25/50 level. Then the owner of the club went to Vegas on vacation and we have limited the games to Holdem and Omaha hi or hi/lo for the past 3 years or so. We play once or twice a week at the 2/4 level. We also have a monthly tourny for a $50 buyin no limit Holdem. First pays around $500. I started playing online a couple of years ago doing freerollsonly. started progressing into cash games this month with some very nice early sucesses.

M

musto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in high school i played all various games

Mocca37

Mocca37

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned...

..to play poker by my father..had so much fun when I beat him and tiik all his matches..lol..:)

Mocca37