When do you think is a good time to bluff?

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't generally like to bluff at all but definitely not a straight up bluff. I have to at least have some sort of a hand qnd be bluffing that my hand is better than it actually is or I have to be a position where I have more than 1 out with only 1 card needed and 2 cards to go. Otherwise I just don't put myself in that position.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A good time to bluff is when it could be believable that you have a strong winning hand and that could be stronger than your opponents.

If you're trying to bluff a player that's been betting strongly since (or even before) the flop, and he could easily have a strong hand, you are more likely to be parting with your chips and you're better off cutting your losses and folding.

If the player(s) you are trying to bluff have been playing timidly and are only checking/calling then you have more of a chance that a bluff will succeed, providing it is believable.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it's always a good time, bragging also gives you information about the table

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the name of the maniacs enrolled, which are massively huge, I'd say any time is time to bluff.:D

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I notice the fragility of my opponent, then I go up because he will hardly call.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of the game of poker, but you need to know how to use it. If it is not done successfully, there is a chance to run out of chips.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Gameee¹

must be one of your Ky'Jut'Su'skills... during the tournament