When do you think is a good time to bluff?

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it's very believable from villain's POV that you have a strong and but you actually have junk.

For example a scare card comes on the turn and you bet. Or after you double barrel semi bluff and miss your draw and you bet making it a triple barrel.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, although sometimes it is.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found the answer you have been looking for ....

Right NOW

Congrats, on calling my bluff

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is no specific time for bluffing, each player decides for himself, it depends not only on the hand, which cards fell out and the size of the pot, but also depends on the psychological state of the player, this is probably even more so.
I myself very rarely bluff, but successfully )), I have the image of a tight player at the tables, with such an image it is easy to bluff from time to time )).

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the image at a new table...

If you sit down at a new table and nobody knows you, it's worth it to make some small bluffs that don't damage the BR. Say some connectors hit on the flop.
You proceed to make a medium bet, show confidence. The other players will pick up that you are not a passive player, they will back-down, most likely, in the future.
For a small investment, you have gained the table image as an aggressive player.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Bluff is all about timming.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is worth bluffing if you know your opponent, and if you can make your opponent think you have a good hand, but you don't want to bluff against more players.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you have little experience in the game and you do not know how to bluff, then it is better not to bluff at all !!! With time, when you have more experience, you yourself will understand against whom and in what situations you can bluff !!!

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If all your thinking about here is a time to bluff then I would suggest a time I have found sometimes works. When I am in a tournament where the blinds are starting to be a factor I find that a bluff will sometimes work in the hand that follows a blind increase. The players just finished playing a level with, say, blinds at 100, 200. The jump raises the blinds to 200, 400. Raising preflop here looks like a big bet even though it may only be, say, 2.5 BBs. I often get fold from the table in this spot.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When your opponit dose not seem to have a strong hand.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffy the Vampire is my friend. I try to introduce her as often as possible. I'm a firm believer, if you not getting caught now and then with a bluff, you need to do it more.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your opponent thinks you are a tight player or you give him enough info to get him to think you got him beat

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bluffing simply is one of the tools in your arsenal. In fact any sort of tactic which has worked against you should be considered as an addition to your bag of tricks.

Timing is important. If people are raising and being re-raised, that is not an ideal time to do so.

The specific opponent(s) you are trying to bluff is very important. It can be dangerous bluffing fish. They often cannot be bluffed off top pair. Call-stations often cannot be bluffed (exceptions apply). LAGs are dangerous too.

The story needs to make sense. Obvious straights, flushes, when a pair hits the board (ie representing trips) and other such stories *may* be appropriate.
Bluffing where the story simply does not add up is dangerous and should be avoided.

I like to bluff Nits and TAGs as they are most likely to fold with nothing stronger than a pair. If I see a player who routinely folds after a flop bet. I might even 3Bet-shove someone who I've seen bluffing a lot.

If a table approaching the bubble noticeably tightens up, that can be a great time to start bluffing (pre-flop).

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many important factors to consider. But I think that first of all, the most important thing is your position at the table, in relation to your opponent.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you think your oppo is weak or bluffing too

also it CAN be profitable to bluff the danger card on the river...but you have to feel the force obi wan ;)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think bluffing is appropriate when you have a big bankroll or none at all.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to bluff is when your opponent doesn't expect it and can't figure out whether you're bluffing or betting on a value!

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When villain think you never bluff. Make villain believe that

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends a lot, for example, which village I'm playing against, icm, who the aggressor is and which flop you hit, there are many analyzes that over time you will know better when to bluff.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the river, or on the flop. I don't like bluffing.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff when it is right, this is a very good poker trick, but it should be used very carefully and mainly against tight players.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
everyone finds the answer to this question, it comes by itself, but it does not always work :(
do not bluff if you strongly doubt your bluff :)