When do you think is a good time to bluff?

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late position, no action, and you already proved to the table you are a rock.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather think when is not a good time to bluff ;) when the risk isn't worth it.

S

Schijtlijster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good moment to bluff is when your opponent(s) has or have a smaller stack than you, and getting itm is near.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is necessary only when there are opponents against whom it can be used, that is, experienced players against newbies, it is more useless.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Newer. If my opponent have a smaller stack than I have, why to bluff and lose some chips?

B

BOBMUSSI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whena I have Range advantage and the villain checks.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
When I have a lot more chips than my opponent then I feel brave enough to bluff, but not at any time.
- in a situation where river card can make the opponent think that you with that river card got something (for example - cards on table 6, 9, A, 5, 7 - you only need 8 for scale) it's an opportunity to bluff.
- when you have more chips than your opponent and getting in the money zone is really near. If you bluff then, will the opponent check your bet and risk getting nothing when he is so close to some profit? There is a good chance that he will not.
- when you already proved that you are daddy on the table :)

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When u have the confidence. And the most when u have some outs to make ur hand stronger on turn

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when projects are not completed and my cards block the best hands

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a lot of chips and a long time without finding good cards, it's time to bluff...

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
luff or not? When to bluff? Only you can answer this question yourself. There is no clear answer to the question: when is the best time to bluff? It all depends on the situation. First of all, I don't recommend bluffing when you don't have enough chips. Secondly, you should not bluff if you have entered into a game with several opponents. In my opinion, bluffing is appropriate against 1-2 opponents. Also, in my opinion, a bluff is appropriate when your word is the last, and the rest of the opponents have made a "check". In this case, you can make a "call" to probe the ground. In any case, you need to decide how many chips you are willing to lose if your opponents answer your "call".

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you feel the other person's bearishness.
In addition, it depends on the situation on the place.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scary cards on a actionless board, 97% of the time,

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Finding the right Time to bluff can be very tricky and it differs from the Type of the opponent you face. Sometimes it can be easier to bluff a regular player then a recreational player.

Bluffing a regular player.
Though we expect to get knowingly hero-called more often bluffing regulars can be very profitable as wells. But you have to make sure that your overall story checks out. Use a board that favors your handrange more then the opponent - use blocker removal cards in your whole cards to decrease the chance of your opponent having the nuts. Also make sure that the story checks out - meaning: Imagine the hand that you are trying to represent - replay all the action that went down so far - if you would have bet/checked/raised with the represented hand the same way you did before - go for it - even pull a tripple barrel bluff if you think it is a good spot.

Bluffing a recreational player can be more tricky on advanced bluffs like in the example given for the regular player. But number 1 rule about bluffing a fun-player for me: Never tripple barrel - yes there are exceptions for that but i don't want to go too deep into detail. Most of the times you can use high cards as scar cards for the opponent and they will give up with mediocre holding way faster then a regular would do - but allways try to get into the mindset of the villain. If a player recently lost a big pot there will be some that will just be a callstation cause they will be thinking "it can't be that i am allways beat" - bluff when you got a read on the table with all the action that went on for the last few hands.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think there can be many factors that can determine if you should bluff or not, how active your opponent/opponents are (try not to bluff someone who doesn't like to fold, and bluff someone who folds too much), the value of your hand (if you miss your draw and you can't win at showdown), your table image, the level of the tournament you are at if you're playing one (if you are on the bubble or not), etc., etc.
For me I think one of the biggest factors is how much you think your opponent will fold, I think recognizing the players who never fold and the ones that fold too often is important.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, you want to bluff when the board favors your range and disfavors your opponent. For example, UTG+1 raises 2.5 BBs and you call from the Button. Flop comes 9s 7s 5h. UTG+1 bets and you call. Turn comes 4d. UTG checks. This board greatly favors your range because your opponent is going to have a lot of High pairs and face cards, where you can have. a lot of sets, straight draws, and 2 pair hands. This is a good board to bluff especially if something comes on the river that completes a draw.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the situation is favorable for this, then it is necessary to bluff:D

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Cards!

When you have good cards helps if you get caught of guard at least it look better for you!:rolleyes:

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always on bubble :D the best strategy if don't care about money :D

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Bluffing is an art
I bluff all the time
So when you see me on the table, believe me I am bluffing…

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
In general, you want to bluff when the board favors your range and disfavors your opponent. For example, UTG+1 raises 2.5 BBs and you call from the Button. Flop comes 9s 7s 5h. UTG+1 bets and you call. Turn comes 4d. UTG checks. This board greatly favors your range because your opponent is going to have a lot of High pairs and face cards, where you can have. a lot of sets, straight draws, and 2 pair hands. This is a good board to bluff especially if something comes on the river that completes a draw.

Thanks for the guidance
Really appreciate it

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is about telling a story. When your going to bluff your story must make sense to succeed. Someone recently put in the chat to another plyer how could you call there me there. The person was upset with the guy calling on a 333 flop his all in with pocket aces saying he was representing a 3. This guy had raised UNG and was pretty pissed about what happened but lets be honest, how many 3's could you have to represent? Not pocket 3's and A3s would make sense but again how many people will call A3s or off suited when someone 3 bets you large preflop. As you can see the 4 of a kind does not make sense here.

Another issue is some people bluff too much. Bluffing is about good timing as well. It should be used but rarely.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pay attention to your opponents patterns

and bet when you sense weakness