S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Humans tend to make mistakes. :dontknow:
I consider jumping over limits and lack of aggression, perhaps, the most problematic for me.

Do you have an ongoing significant online poker mistake that you are struggling with, but still in the process?
I have actually suffered with both of your observations.
I did get a handle on jumping over limits after blowing through some bankrolls.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have an ongoing significant online poker mistake that you are struggling with, but still in the process?

My biggest problem is refusing to believe that you have flopped a set. :banghead:

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My most frequent mistake is the lack of patience to wait for the good hands, which always come. I rush too much and I always end up paying dearly for that mistake.:cool::cool:

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot! :)
But considering tournaments I would say that not taking (always) notes about players. It’s really helpful if you achieve cash and have is moving to last 10 tables.

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have many mistakes, but the cards aren't helping me lately, I'm losing with a winning hand

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt, it would be chasing straights !!!

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I ave to say that I should be more aggressive in the game because I’m almost all the times short stacked when the bubble time comes.

there are times you have to be aggressive in poker isn't about premium hands only choose your spots and observe the board so you will know which cards are live when making certain decisions

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
my most common mistake is to play too many hands sometimes I manage to control myself but mostly I keep doing it

i don't think its that to play to many hands, there are times the board is favorable for you to play a bit loose, and when you notice it has changed tighten up your game play

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my constant mistake is playing. I doubt anyone is as unlucky as me 3 times today I have lost to a flush where the cardholder had 54 suited or lower. Twice to the same player. This is after i have raised to 5 BB they call one the flop was Qs 7s 8d ive got Qd Jc so after flop i shove he calls with 5s 2s and it hits the flush , Other hand pocket 3s flops 3h Kh Ah hes got 4h 5h and calls my raise. Next i have pocket 8s same player hes got 5d 3d I raise 8bb he calls flop comes Ad Td Kc i raise 16bb he calls 6d I check he checks flop comes an 8, Next I have pocket 9s flop is 9 8 5 I check then 7 comes I bet 12.43 get a call of Ad Td no diamonds on the board he rivers a T. Thats just today it always the same start doing well and then the game thinks oh i will cut you down now.

Thanks for posting.
To tell the truth, it's always hard decision for me to play 22-JJ as well. Especially preflop. In tournaments I tend to play hands like this tighter than you above with specific flops (early stages and big stacks). Good luck.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a doubt, it would be chasing straights !!!

Thanks for post. Do you consider this a mistake!?
Unless in the case of a questionable play of connectors and disproportionate postflop bets/bluffs (I hope not with you).
I am a straight (aspecially straight flush) hunter as well.

Have a good straight.:party:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I dont call when I am getting the odds to and sometimes I shove to light/much when I could have made a small raise to achieve the same result.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just have patient for the right moment. I love flush i hunt it everytime

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest weakness = impatience. If I could follow my strategy 100% of the time and not get impatient then I could probably make more final tables.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My constant mistake is calling big bets with draws or trying to pick off bluff when there isn't one.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making decisions too quickly, worrying about the clock. Need to slow down and THINK!

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My constant mistake is calling big bets with draws or trying to pick off bluff when there isn't one.

Thanks for the answer. For myself, I have highlighted several factors that help to assess the draw situation. It doesn't seem too complicated. But appropriate BLUFF, yes, I agree.

GL

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
putting my tournament at risk with AK off in bad positions.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making decisions too quickly, worrying about the clock. Need to slow down and THINK!

Thanks for the answer. Lucky you:icon_thum. I wish I could have an only mistake like yours. Good luck and have more good Time.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake is that I sit down to play not prepared tired not focused loaded with other problems.In the game because of this, there are not the right decisions.Where it is necessary to play correctly, I do not play correctly-I go so to speak in the tilt.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake is that I sit down to play not prepared tired not focused loaded with other problems.In the game because of this, there are not the right decisions.Where it is necessary to play correctly, I do not play correctly-I go so to speak in the tilt.

Thanks for sharing. Actually poker helps me to solve the moments you are listed. Good luck.

Last edited:
Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Humans tend to make mistakes. :dontknow:
I consider jumping over limits and lack of aggression, perhaps, the most problematic for me.

I often get too nitty later in tournaments, particularly when good hands like AK, AQ, TT, don't improve, I convince myself that I'm beat or going to get outdrawn. It's something I'm working to improve at the moment.

L

LanselotTartaros

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not taking the game seriously.

A little effort goes a long way, I am too good at life to not be winning in poker.

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over betting on hand that I haven't made after investing in it...always end up a big loss to my stack and then I have to regain my composure depending on how big of a loss...if it's really a big dent then the next hand for me is all in and i'm out if luck doesn't favor me