What's your constant Hold'em mistake?

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Humans tend to make mistakes. :dontknow:
I consider jumping over limits and lack of aggression, perhaps, the most problematic for me.

Do you have an ongoing significant online poker mistake that you are struggling with, but still in the process?

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a worse track of my frequencies than my adversaries have on it

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my worst enemy is my impatience, when time passes that I do not receive worthy cards to accept strong bets, I end up playing marginal plays making the worst mistake and I end up being eliminated with very bad hands

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tightening up in tourneys once i am in the money, for some reason once i am in the money i will play far too tight folding big hands to raises AQ AJ or some pocket pairs eventually being blinded out and forced into all in with mediocre cards i don't know why i keep doing this but it is something i will have to change, maybe there is a part of me satisfied with just making it into the money but i want to make the next step by winning one of these events so i will have to keep working on this part of my game.

C

ChapmanLad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably two main ones for me. Being 10 spots outside the money and then playing safe just to edge my way in when realistically hands like 10J suited I'd usually play. Also getting into a pot and feeling the need to call because I've already invested. Something I'm definitely working on.

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play and when I get tired I continue anyway and then I lose. Thanks for reminding me of this.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my constant mistake is playing. I doubt anyone is as unlucky as me 3 times today I have lost to a flush where the cardholder had 54 suited or lower. Twice to the same player. This is after i have raised to 5 BB they call one the flop was Qs 7s 8d ive got Qd Jc so after flop i shove he calls with 5s 2s and it hits the flush , Other hand pocket 3s flops 3h Kh Ah hes got 4h 5h and calls my raise. Next i have pocket 8s same player hes got 5d 3d I raise 8bb he calls flop comes Ad Td Kc i raise 16bb he calls 6d I check he checks flop comes an 8, Next I have pocket 9s flop is 9 8 5 I check then 7 comes I bet 12.43 get a call of Ad Td no diamonds on the board he rivers a T. Thats just today it always the same start doing well and then the game thinks oh i will cut you down now.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to get ahead/not walking away when I should. And this is compounded by going long periods of time without getting playable hole cards or being able to make a decent hand. At the end of the day, I think that the game is rooted in discipline—and the keystone of that is patience.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not aggressive enough and my patients runs out that I end up losing on bad hands constantly.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Humans tend to make mistakes. :dontknow:
I consider jumping over limits and lack of aggression, perhaps, the most problematic for me.

Do you have an ongoing significant online poker mistake that you are struggling with, but still in the process?

so far what I have realized is that I tend to leak of information about being on tilt based on the way I bet and three bet, still working on it though, but overall I cant say that I haven't improved, the information on this forum has helped a lot and thus improved my game overall

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case lately my confidence is killing me, I win a couple of hands and then I play even knowing that my hands are inferior, waiting to complete a project. It is that if I don't play them and I see a straight or a flush and the world falls apart

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tightening up in tourneys once i am in the money, for some reason once i am in the money i will play far too tight folding big hands to raises AQ AJ or some pocket pairs eventually being blinded out and forced into all in with mediocre cards i don't know why i keep doing this but it is something i will have to change, maybe there is a part of me satisfied with just making it into the money but i want to make the next step by winning one of these events so i will have to keep working on this part of my game.

Thaks for sharing. That, unfortunately, what I also face with on high level MTT. For me, I think, it is a question of bankrool yet. Good luck.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case lately my confidence is killing me, I win a couple of hands and then I play even knowing that my hands are inferior, waiting to complete a project. It is that if I don't play them and I see a straight or a flush and the world falls apart

Thank you for telling. That's right. It happens to me many times at the table. That's why I'm trying to combine an optimistic approach with a mathematical one. Goog luck.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so far what I have realized is that I tend to leak of information about being on tilt based on the way I bet and three bet, still working on it though, but overall I cant say that I haven't improved, the information on this forum has helped a lot and thus improved my game overall

Yes, a tilt moments happened also to me many times. It's a main reason of my wrong limits. Let's fight it. Enjoy the game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ave to say that I should be more aggressive in the game because I’m almost all the times short stacked when the bubble time comes.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

me is aggressive enough my style of play and iken aggressively raise very often d comes when nme you are big boobs!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can sometimes find it hard to lay down a hand when I have raised already, and maybe continued on the flop. I'm improving my game in this aspect, by trying to not continue bet in poor spots, and not raising so much if I feel like I will commit most/all of my stack if I keep betting.

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I should be more aggressive in specific spots

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think my most common and annoying mistake is to play some hands out of position where I always end up stupidly losing chips

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
my most common mistake is to play too many hands sometimes I manage to control myself but mostly I keep doing it

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have far too many to list😳
But probably becoming impatient is my biggest constant mistaje:confused: