okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You can fold a set? Unless there is a flush out there or there's no question that someone has Broadway, I don't fold a set. I figure I'm gonna whup tighty this time. Perhaps that's a leak on my part. But if I'm beat, I'll pay that one off most of the time. But I usually am not the one paying.

I have plenty of other leaks as well. The list is too long. I'm working on it.

On a wet board, 3 suited or very connected I have saved substantial amounts folding two pair and sets when there is action coming from other players especially the TAGs, rocks and calling stations, they usually are only active with real live cards

On a dry board I try and induce a bluff or if it is semi wet shut out the draws.:)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
After this guy for a few hands baited the trap then the bloody board pairs.:pcguru:

full tilt poker Game #27137529118: Table Carew (6 max) - $0.02/$0.05 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:53:49 ET - 2011/01/09
Seat 1: Seasalter Stars ($6.49), is sitting out
Seat 2: KlintQ ($7.29)
Seat 3: okeedokalee ($3.16)
Seat 4: Untouchable Stu ($8)
Seat 5: AlexanderLukas ($5.74)
Seat 6: aded76 ($3.64)
Untouchable Stu posts the small blind of $0.02
AlexanderLukas posts the big blind of $0.05
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to okeedokalee [7d 4d]
aded76 raises to $0.15
KlintQ folds
okeedokalee calls $0.15
Untouchable Stu folds
AlexanderLukas folds
*** FLOP *** [4s 2h 5c]
aded76 bets $0.25
okeedokalee calls $0.25
*** TURN *** [4s 2h 5c] [7s]
aded76 has 15 seconds left to act
aded76 bets $0.62
okeedokalee has 15 seconds left to act
okeedokalee raises to $1.52
aded76 raises to $2.42
okeedokalee raises to $2.76, and is all in
aded76 calls $0.34
okeedokalee shows [7d 4d]
aded76 shows [Ad Ah]
*** RIVER *** [4s 2h 5c 7s] [5s]
okeedokalee shows two pair, Sevens and Fives
aded76 shows two pair, Aces and Fives
aded76 wins the pot ($5.97) with two pair, Aces and Fives
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6.39 | Rake $0.42
Board: [4s 2h 5c 7s 5s]
Seat 1: Seasalter Stars is sitting out
Seat 2: KlintQ didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: okeedokalee (button) showed [7d 4d] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fives
Seat 4: Untouchable Stu (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: AlexanderLukas (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: aded76 showed [Ad Ah] and won ($5.97) with two pair, Aces and Fives

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Pocket pairs can be over-rated you only have to outs to players who have over cards and those on a draw have many more outs and it costs you to give them bad odds to draw at.

My new years resolution on a wet board is to fold JJ and below to flop aggression when I don't make a set.

On cards chat there is some good advice on playing pocket pairs.

KC's blog is good http://kingcurtisblog.blogspot.com/

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak is thinking that my opponnets bluff too much. So i call sometimes in tough positions based on what my opponent played prelop just to see that he actually had a hand. What i mean is that i am weak against opponents that call 3 bets with suited cards or small pairs and hit a lot more than the normal odds at one momment .
Also my second leak is trying to bluff smart players on dry boards. I do not know how they see through but they call with junk and bust me :D (Or they are not as smart as i think they are:D)

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i give too much credit to AQ like when people are raising in early position im always happy to play these against them and i get into lots of trouble, but then again should i be folding AQ when i have position to an initial raiser? maybe i just need to slow down post flop and learn to fold it there.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have difficulties playing a micro SNG or MTT after having played a CC game before.

I'm doing considerably better in CC games which is weird since the level of play is mostly far better.

Or maybe the CC members just give me too much credit ??? :eek:

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest leak is getting tired and saying f it. All in with mediocor hand. Happens often!

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  1. overplaying overpairs like a chargng Rhino
  2. freezing and giving opponents credit for hands that they might not have and thus folding too often.
  3. chasing Nut flushes withuut correct pot odds
  4. Thinking I can get villains to fold by pushing draws aggressively
  5. feeling that I am being exploited or villain is bluffing and risking my stack needlessly when villain actually had they were representing. (Most villains will actually tell you what they have on the turn.)
  6. calling large river bets (from non-maniacs)with top pair

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest leak has to be playing shitty hands from late position and getting into marginal situations

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It wouldn't be hard to make an even longer list, but these are a few of my leaks:

impatience
inconsistency paying as much attention as I should
not using my reads consistently enough by actually acting on them
inadequate pot control

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not being able to fold TP/WK alot of the time in limped pots when I am in the blinds.

Playing for stacks too often ie. shoving/re-raising when I should be calling/folding. (this can work really well if you're running good)

Playing too tight and letting myself get short-stacked.

Finding the balance with stealing and knowing when to let go of a steal attempt.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Biggest Leak is "Registering" lol

Well, if I did not register, I could not lose anything ... actually, I guess I would lose the "opportunity" of playing and having fun.

Seriously, my #1 biggest leak would be my assuming that someone is bluffing when they raise my bluff bet. The #2 leak would be my continuing a "draw" all the way to the river.

Wally :icon_scra :knuddel:

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably my biggest leak would be trying to bluff at the micros.

Some of the others are:
-Playing too many tables at once
-Not folding my PP when set mining and missing the flop
-overplaying top pair
-Firing multiple bullets into a passive player who just calls me down(and I'm usually bluffing)
-Overvaluing AK in a cash game when I am deep stacked vs another deep stack
-I also get in trouble with draws by semi-bluffing too much I think
-In SnGs/MTTs I tend to get impatient and too loose once I get a big stack and am near the money and get myself into awkward spots and donk away my chips before the money or in a minimal cashing spot thinking that I'm gonna take everyone out and win... I need to remember to play the same way that got me there in the first place and that there is still a long time until the tournament/ sng is over.

Those are a few and I am sure I could list more. Some I have worked out for the most part, but still find myself doing all these things some of the time.:(

Last edited:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Probably my biggest leak would be trying to bluff at the micros.

Some of the others are:
-Playing too many tables at once
-Not folding my PP when set mining and missing the flop
-overplaying top pair
-Firing multiple bullets into a passive player who just calls me down(and I'm usually bluffing)
-Overvaluing AK in a cash game when I am deep stacked vs another deep stack
-I also get in trouble with draws by semi-bluffing too much I think
-In SnGs/MTTs I tend to get impatient and too loose once I get a big stack and am near the money and get myself into awkward spots and donk away my chips before the money or in a minimal cashing spot thinking that I'm gonna take everyone out and win... I need to remember to play the same way that got me there in the first place and that there is still a long time until the tournament/ sng is over.

Those are a few and I am sure I could list more. Some I have worked out for the most part, but still find myself doing all these things some of the time.:(

Guilty of all but the first two, Vfranks, and when I run bad continue to compound the errors.
Finally stopped my losing run by beating a guy heads-up who kept disconnecting:eek:

SwiftDesire

SwiftDesire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once took a leak for almost a minute before. I really had to go that day. Lots of soda pop.

Lol

----

Tilting is my biggest leak. freakin' a--holes almost catch their two outers

I'm sure there are other leaks in my game as well but i'm gradually trying to fix 'em all up.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Tilt.
2) Tilt.
3) Thinking players are smarter than they really are.
4) Using "I enjoy being put in tricky situations" as an excuse to play marginal hands.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling down and not folding when I'm behind. Will call a river bet even though I'm sure I'm beat. I do this for many reasons, a part of me tells me that they can't have that and are bluffing and the other part wants me to see if I'm right so pay for them to showdown. Also there have been times when I'm unsure and fold to watch them showdown with another player who were both beat by me. Makes me sick, I seem to do it at the wrong time...everytime haha.

Clearly -EV but just can't help it sometimes!! )I guess I'd save a bit of money if I stopped that.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Calling down and not folding when I'm behind. Will call a river bet even though I'm sure I'm beat. I do this for many reasons, a part of me tells me that they can't have that and are bluffing and the other part wants me to see if I'm right so pay for them to showdown. Also there have been times when I'm unsure and fold to watch them showdown with another player who were both beat by me. Makes me sick, I seem to do it at the wrong time...everytime haha.

Clearly -EV but just can't help it sometimes!! )I guess I'd save a bit of money if I stopped that.

Do the hands you call light and lose outnumber those times where you see the hand played out and would have won.?

Do you lose more showing down, than the times you would have won?

I would rather fold correctly most times, than be disappointed by folding a winning hand.

Most times two players are left in the hand and you have doubt about what you hold, folding is correct:)

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me? over-value TPTK and or overpair and going to the river with them. THAT SHORTFALL HAS ALREADY BEEN FIXED.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hmm..... biggest leak....>>
"Thinking that they're thinking about what I'm thinking" (sometimes even just as simple as "thinking that they're actually even thinking period")

F

F_Jean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't open my range when the table becomes shorthanded

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
o and my biggest leak for tournaments is bluffing too often and spewing chips

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skeptical when I should be gullible and vice et versa.