What starting hands will you never fold preflop no matter what?

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter if the entire table went all in what hands would you always call with?

B

buster1055

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
None....ive folded aces and kings pre-flop but only in freerolls. When half the table goes all in 1st hand. Yea i want to play longer so i didnt risk it and 90% of the time i would have lost anyway

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 or more players all in pre flop I'm only calling with aces and even then its with great reservations knowing I'm likely going to get run over but arn't we gamblers:wavey:

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no hand which I can't fold. It depends on what situation is on table.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter if the entire table went all in what hands would you always call with?

Well, No matter what is pretty strong wording. Everything in Poker is about the situation more than the actual 2 cards you hold. I guess, I have to say AA is a hand that I will almost always play preflop. Even saying that. it is possible in a tournament situation that I might fold depending on the specific situation.

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I never fold preflop unless I have a garbage hand

There is no hand I won't fold preflop if I see 2 guys all in before my turn

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought Aces and Kings were a logic and Right(for me) answer, but after reading those last few comments i might consider switching my playstyle.

So for now:
Aces:
I cant fold them, even when my whole table is all in.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya i havent been able to fold AA preflop. It just looks so pretty. KK i folded once preflop and that was because i had just turned $20 into $200 and he was all in $160 with one other caller. It turned out he had AK and the other A 10. K flopped and i kicked myself all day for it. Scared is no way to play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games you should never fold AA preflop, but everything else is situational. KK can sometimes be folded, if there is a very solid chance, someone else has AA. I have done it a very few times only. In tournaments an extreme ICM-situation can sometimes make it correct to fold AA, but its very rare, and I have never done it.

A very special situation happened in the TV poker show "big game", where amatour David Fishman was up 130.000 dollars and poised to take an NAPT passport worth another 50.000 dollars.

He was not allowed to leave the game, before 150 hands was played, and choose to fold every hand for the rest of the session including aces. And this made sense. Looking at his whole risk-reward situation it was obviously the right decision for him. And sick enough the hand he folded aces, someone else flopped quads.

Nonito1771

Nonito1771

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do they equal all pre-flop raises?

In all the tournaments I play in all they equal the raise and I do not want to go with all the chips. QQ KK JJ these pairs in hand and I have to go with everything?

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the number of players involved in the flop

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None....ive folded aces and kings pre-flop but only in freerolls. When half the table goes all in 1st hand. Yea i want to play longer so i didnt risk it and 90% of the time i would have lost anyway
This is exactly what I was thinking! I’m skilled enough to not risk my tourney on a very low chance of winning.

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA obviously, everything else depends on the situation in my opinion....

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces and Kings.
If you win, you're safe for the next hour so why not.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. For instance if you have AA or KK and the effective stacks are 100 BBs and 5 people are all in ahead of you your odds of winning go way down. On the other hand if you're short stacked say 0-30 BBs and have AA,AK, KK, QQ or maybe JJ, AQ and there are 4 or 5 all ins in ahead of you then go for it.

Last edited:
G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the entire table is all in in front of me....
i'm only calling with aces
might even fold them depending on table size and game

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a hard time laying down Aces preflop. But the times I hold aces they don't hold up very often if I am low stack at the tables. So many times they never hold against chip leaders I find

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pre-flop I never fold aces. Kings and Queens rarely fold, unless I have a good read on early all-in. Hate folding to get past the bubble. Play the hand and double up.

Nonito1771

Nonito1771

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA I'm not sure of winning the hand

It has happened to me with AA losing against 7 2. And that gives a lot of anger that they pay with a 7 2 so many chips !!!!

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none

depends on tournament - freerolls and 4 players go all in if i like to try get to final table just fold any hand

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never say never... right? I've heard that all my life. So I guess I 'never' fold pkt aces or an AK-std. I know, AK-std? It seems like every time I do fold it I would win had I called. :damnmate:

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA I am probably never folding. If a 9 player table all goes all in, and I have AA, well, WTFN?

But, when will that happen?

AA, not folding (unless it a tournament in certain levels)

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, everything will depend on my position, this is the beginning of the game or close to the payments, the value of my stack in relation to the others. Many positions that need to be taken into account. But AA is, of course, I will pour down 1% from 100

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker