What starting hands will you never fold preflop no matter what?

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker starting hands

throughout poker starting hands the most important thing on top of that is the position, knowing the poker hand range and position to start with is the most important thing that will help you to improve. personally, i prefer to play suited connectors in HJ or CO or BTN position

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am one step away from the prize-winning place I will even fold AA, and then think for yourself what kind of hands I will never fold.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
None.
Even Pocket Rockets may be folded. It's just a matter of not risking all of your chips at once at a big tournament.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only aces, other than that all fold.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Any and all hands can be folded preflop, including AA & KK. Up to you to figure out when and where.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much depends on situation. All hands can be played and all can be folded. Though, AA is pretty unfoldable. There is no such thing as would never fold!

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its so hard to fold aces, kings and queens.. I rarely do

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA only, if anything. even so its a justifiable fold if you fold AA when the whole table is all in. is pretty much your AA have to hold up against every other hand. Statistically speaking if the whole table went all in most must have good strong cards. so maybe having low cards would give you better chances since low cards are still in the deck as outs.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any and all hands can fold before the flop, including AA and KK. It is up to you to find out when and where.

Much depends on the situation. All hands can be played and all hands can be folded. However, AA is quite drop down. There is no such thing as never bending!

I agree with the companions. It depends on the situation all the cards can be fold.

:ah4::ac4:
:qh4::qc4: Queens of nature
:kc4::kh4: Kings of Life

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Only two combinations of cards I will not fold preflop. This is of course AA and KK. Initially, you have an advantage over everyone, and it is strange to miss this opportunity. What happens on the flop is another matter.:)

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only hands that I would never fold preflop are aces and kings.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is never used to fold AA or KK, but I also really like switching cards JQ 10-9 etc. or the smaller pairs from which if a set is formed you can win a big pot.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the aces can be folded, but only in very special occasions.
In regular plays and balanced games, I will hardly fold the queens and almost never anything higher than that.
But it depends on how many people are in the table, who is against me and the historic of the hand.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any situation that I pay with AA, there is no way not to pay with the initial AA. With KK and AK, in some situations I can give up.

M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No such hands exist, since near the bubble of a satellite, or a Double-or-Nothing I can easily fold AA if a short stack is about to enter the blinds, and a massive stack follows me.

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hands

my favorite hands are kq qj suited connector no matter how h/l

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's a single hand I can "never fold no matter what." If I'm on e the bubble, one spot away from at least min-cashing after putting in the time, energy and effort to get that deep, I will fold any and every hand no matter what range if someone is putting my tournament life on the line in that spot. AA? I have 30BBs and someone with 40BBs goes all-in and I we only need one person to bust before we're ITM? Dude can be shoving with seven-deuce and I'm folding my hand like laundry fresh out the dryer. In normal cases, I generally wont fold AA, ever. KK, close to never QQ, maybe if there is a massive 3bet and 4bet in front of me in a cash game. Hell, 3bet me big enough while I hold JJ? Not that hard of a fold. Even if it's AQ 3betting me, I'm in just as good of a spot as TT. Not that I know that's what villain is hitting me with, but it really depends on how much I feel like spending to stay in the hand. If my HUD says they might be a maniac, I might just shove on them. If they are a tight nit you can 3bet me out of my 3BBs and I'll gladly chuck the hand and wait for a better spot. So the short answer is, I can't absolutely say there is a hand I'll never fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker