Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not play cash games. Playing cash games, I always received only losses and disappointments. So I stopped playing in them and now I only play in tournaments and I have good results.

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is not the same to play for play money than for real money, the change is radical and you must take the rhythm, the same happens when changing levels, the strategies begin to be different, when you go from fictional to real play with Micro-limit entries to minimize your losses until you feel comfortable again at the tables, recognize the new movements that follow and thus begin to develop your best game and can progress.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tournaments and cash games are different beasts.

Presumably you have studied more tournament strategy than you have cash game strategy.

MTT strategy is not optimal for cash games and vice versa.

This is where your problems likely arise.

Study more cash game strategy or stick to tournaments.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No honest

I think that cash games is a form no honest of the poker.

Normally win who have very very much money.

If you have lot of money, you can to play with hight several risck in more hands and pay for several draws without complicated your bankroll

Different with you have little money and need analysis every time your bankroll and what hand you play.

It seems that I have developed some sort of mental problem. I don't know if I'm alone in this or if there are others that have this problem. When I play in a tournament, I make a lot of my reads correctly, I wait for good hands in good positions and I get my chips in when I know I have the edge. I cash most of the time and make the final table once in awhile. However, when I go play cash games I'm a fish that just keeps feeding players. Does anyone else have trouble going from one game to the other?

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems that I have developed some sort of mental problem. I don't know if I'm alone in this or if there are others that have this problem. When I play in a tournament, I make a lot of my reads correctly, I wait for good hands in good positions and I get my chips in when I know I have the edge. I cash most of the time and make the final table once in awhile. However, when I go play cash games I'm a fish that just keeps feeding players. Does anyone else have trouble going from one game to the other?

I am sure, it applies for 99% of the players, no wonder why the known successful players in different type of poker games are never the same.

What you just wrote, totally applies for me, too. I don't think, it has any connection to any mental problem. I am okay with tourneys in holdem, meantime terrible in CG, so i dont play it. If I play CG, never play holdem, mostly just PLO, so in this way i can avoid the messed up variance, as well, and i am okay with plo cg. Lot of people ignore it, or don't think about it, how important it is. When you mess up, mix tourneys and cg, in mid, long term.

And yes, it is pretty hard to stuck in the same game all the time, but basically it is so simple, stuck with that, where you make profit. If i change it, i do it in different rooms, what i use less, and lower level what i usually play, just for turning off for a while.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games, you need to find a way to deal with players who make big bets after the flop.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i stopped playing cash games because i was spewing money due to how boring it was and i wanted to force the action sometimes. the blinds never go up, stacks (for the most part) stay deep, and it's a whole different game than with mtts. even at the penny stakes, i found it boring.

with mtts, there is always this level of excitement, needing to be prepared for different actions, paying attention to blind levels, picking your spots, adjusting to (effective) stack sizes, playing bubble spots, playing icm spots, etc, etc, etc that you just don't find with cash games.

in a cash game, i'm never going to find myself in a spot where i'm thinking 'should i jam q9s for 15 bbs from the bb position facing a min-raise from mp1 and a cold call from the co? blinds go up next hand and i'll be down to about 12 bbs, i'll get a nother rotation of hands, maybe i can find something a bit stronger before blinds get to me. i'll still have 3bet jam fold equity with 12 bbs, right? but the pot is already over 30% of my stack, maybe i can take it uncontested if i jam. if i isolate, how bad of a spot am i in equity wise? i'm behind, what, q10, 1010+? is anyone calling a jam with q10? i block some qj+ combos, i flip against a lot of pairs. who has jj+ here? mp1? i know co doesn't with their cold call. so, they're folding to a squeeze jam. if called, i'm probably what...35-40% equity against a call range? this isn't counting my fold equity, i do play pretty tight. last hands i showed down was jj, kk, and aqs. so, maybe they fold their a9o, a10s hands to jam here. yeah, i think i should jam this spot. blinds go up...i lose fold equity...pot is a huge chunk of my stack...i'm probably won't be in a terrible spot if i get called. 35-40% equity, 15 bbs...i'll take that gamble. yeah...lets get this in.'

and then mp1 folds and i get snap called by aces in the co.