What is the most important way to improve your gameplay

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it's is keeping on with the studies.

The ways I find it very usefull of studying is:

Don't be afraid to fail, not for the fail, but for all thing you can learn by them.
And this, for me, it's a very important way of studying.

But also, keep yourself on, be informated.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, if you want to improve your study, it is super important to improve your modality and be able to make better decisions in your game.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience

In improving your game one thing to consider is learning to be "patience" Meaning learn not to play mediocre cards because you have been dealt several bad hands and have had to fold and are anxious to play a hand, not getting caught up with other players "on tilt" play and when dealt a good hand don't sell the ranch until you are sure from cards shown on the flop that you can't be beat.

Just my thought to improve your game

GL ALL :D

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more you study, the more you will learn. But you also need to test everything you learned, so it's also important to play as much as you can. I mean, you can learn everything you need online, but can you multitable 6, 7, 8, 10, 15, 20 tables at the same time? Do you have the focus and discipline needed? I know at this moment I don't...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To improve your game, you need to analyze it using special programs for analyzing the game, both your own and your opponents.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the fastest way to improve your game is to watch strategic videos and be inspired by them. you have to play several hundred hands a day to accumulate experience and acquire the automatisms that will allow you to manage each situation you are going to encounter. you must also identify the mistakes you make during your game to analyze them and not repeat them during your next sessions.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, every player is obliged to learn from his mistakes, otherwise he is doomed to failure. I always try to analyze my mistakes to prevent them in the future.

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on level, but NOT multitabling will help a lot of players. Being able to think about things properly for at least a chunk of the hands in your session will help you in the long run. (May also improve profit rate straight away, but obviously fewer hands).

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes to develop the game must be constantly I like watching the stream on poker .

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Tracid!

Besides that, it seems that you would recommend not play at PS? Why so?

I'm very pleased to have you joining this thread I started!
Get the balances well adjusted. :)

Last edited:
P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Masik6!

I just saw this tip yesterday at some CC article and spend the rest of the day watching some stream, I really enjoined it and thought it to be very useful.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks foi joining my thread!
Yes to develop the game must be constantly I like watching the stream on poker .

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 3 best ways to improve your game imho are.
1- online training sites
2- poker forums such as cardschat where you can have helpful discussions with other people trying to improve their game
3- practice,practice,practice

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is the review of hands. Especially with the opinion of a professional or someone more experienced. The second would be to study hard.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with most things in life, while studying is an effective tool playing actually playing and implementing what you learned is often times better. You can read something over and over in a book but you won't really know if you know something until you're out on the tables and see it in a ton of different situations a book can only touch on.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Improve your game as for me it is after the session played to disassemble it to see what I did right and what I didn't.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with most things in life, while studying is an effective tool playing actually playing and implementing what you learned is often times better. You can read something over and over in a book but you won't really know if you know something until you're out on the tables and see it in a ton of different situations a book can only touch on.

This to me is the key, getting that balance - everyone says study study study but you've also gotta play play play. I find plenty of time to read all the books during short breaks at work but no time to play and I'm only implementing a fraction of what I've read.

I'm enjoying it though!!!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Marking hands you're unsure about and coming back to them later for analysis -- sometimes by calculating odds, using ICM software, posting on forums, etc.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you study, the more you will learn. But you also need to test everything you learned, so it's also important to play as much as you can. I mean, you can learn everything you need online, but can you multitable 6, 7, 8, 10, 15, 20 tables at the same time? Do you have the focus and discipline needed? I know at this moment I don't...

I think it's very important to have a balance between playing and studying, theoretical knowledge sums up with practical knowledge, without this balance, it's harder to evolve in anything, and so it is with poker.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Marking hands you're unsure about and coming back to them later for analysis -- sometimes by calculating odds, using ICM software, posting on forums, etc.

Once I started using ICMizer, my gameplay and evolution on poker became exponencial, and I became much more self-confident on the plays, mainly for folding marginal hands without regret.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I need to develop this habit, streaming is really a great way to learn new abilities and criticize your own gameplay.

Top 10 Games