What mistakes did you make as a beginner and how did you improve?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My main mistake is the haste during the game. I lack patience to wait for strong cards. In addition, in the first two or three months I received significant losses from cash games, but still continued to play them. Now I am playing mostly freerolls and satellite tournaments. Thanks to this, I managed to build a small bankroll.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ill let you know soon as im done making them....:puke:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I over valued AK, especially post flop when I missed. There was a time that I never would consider a fold. Now I realize that it’s only ace high and there’s many times where a fold is the better route. Flipping for my stack isn’t always plus Ev and that’s an important lesson to learn. I had to lose many tournaments all in with AK to realize that it may look great it’s certainly not invincible. Although it’s often hard to hit fold and I’m still willing to gamble a good bit of my stack deep or on the bubble I seem to regret it when I lose. [emoji16]

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping with drow more than pot odds allow. Also Hyper aggressive bluff with air. Play cash after losing the tournament. Play more expensive than bankroll allows. Carefully with bankroll management. And later joining cardschat) GL

RAISIAR

RAISIAR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner I spent a lot of time on all freerolls. But now I realize it wasn't worth it.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with all Ax and do not give fold whit pair with hope of getting Three of a kind, oftentimes to imagine that the villain is bluffing without analyzing and pay no attention to outs and pot odds. So many mistakes that little by little I'm trying to improve.