Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, in such cases everything depends on your position. I usually play aggressively and try to make the most of the situation in my favor.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You usually want to ship in all the money.

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that you can't make a rule about it while playing poker it means also to read your opponents all the time. So it always depends on your opponents, whether you can induce them the idea to bluff you or you notice they act like when they have something in hand and not just garbage.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in different situations in different ways, sometimes you need to play as you normally play, sometimes you can raise by check, if your opponent makes a donk bet, you can imitate a bluff and play through overbet push, but on a very obvious board, it’s certainly difficult to get value from the nuts

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pray villain(s) have 2nd and 3rd nuts.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the situation. If you're the pre-flop raiser and you usually c-bet then not c-betting could arouse suspicion and get you no action. If you hit a high straight/flush there's a good chance someone else hit something so you can probably bet and get called. But if you hit 7-3-3 rainbow when you've got 7-3 in the big blind and you checked pre-flop then you might wanna check, and hope to build the pot on the turn and river, because the flop is unlikely to have helped your opponents and a raise would tell them it helped you, making them fold.
If you are betting you've got to think of the pot odds you're giving them and what portion of their stack they're risking. Usually smaller bets are more likely to be called, though sometimes an all-in shove can appear desperate/bluffy and get you a call.
So yeah, I'd say there's no one right answer and it depends on the many variables in each situation (more than I mentioned here!)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So when you flop quads, a full house, flush, straight, how do you get value out of it. Most of the time im heads up in a pot when playing online and if i have the nuts then they likely have nothing so will fold or wont bet. Is there a way to build the pot up in these situations? In live play there will probably be more people in the pot so i would perhaps check call out of position and a small bet in position to keep as many people in the pot as possibe for the later streets.

Depends on your read on villains and their range.

Against moron fishes, surely bet.

Against floaters bet flop check turn and look to check raise.

Also depends what kind of nuts. A straight is vulnerable. Top set is vulnerable. Depends on board texture.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This really depends on my opponent and how they play. Sometimes I bet out as I normally do, sometimes I will bet less or more, sometimes I check hoping to call or raise. It really just depends on how my opponents have been playing and the image I have been giving off.

The only thing I don't do is fold.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hmmm....Check the flop - give them a chance to make a continuation bet. :)

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm first to act then I'd usually check to see what the rest of the table wants to do if its not heads up, heads up I'd usually bet 1-2 BB's to make it seem like I'm trying to buy the pot and hope they come over top.

L

luckybet89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just super dependent on the board but there is of course different lines you can take here and manage to extract some value. Generally with coordinated flops you want to bet about half pot to extract the most value and make them pay for draws. With Dry flops like lets say 9s 4d Qc and lets say you flopped top set, you want to slow play here and let them do the betting. Its a little tough because again its super dependent on the board and how many players are participating in the hand.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slow play unless you have the board totally locked down - you want to play them to make the most chips. Especially flopped straights - remember your hand might be the nuts on the flop but it can never (rarely) improve

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I bet half the pot on flop then check on turn to show some weakness and hope they bet big. Of course it depends what the board is telling me. Top pair will nearly always bet into you with this play.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on the situation but I think that if many times someone will always have a bigger pair and believe that they have a lower kicker or that they want to steal the boat, sometimes they will pass there, rather than just betting for everyone to ride in the ship good luck greetings:driver:

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depended my opponents and how much stak have if big stake and agro player check and let them bet or raise

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So when you flop quads, a full house, flush, straight, how do you get value out of it. Most of the time im heads up in a pot when playing online and if i have the nuts then they likely have nothing so will fold or wont bet. Is there a way to build the pot up in these situations? In live play there will probably be more people in the pot so i would perhaps check call out of position and a small bet in position to keep as many people in the pot as possibe for the later streets.

It all depends on the opponent(s) you are up against as to how to play your monters.

If you are against tighter players then slow-playing may be the best option.

Against loose aggressive players then letting them dig their holes may be the best option.

It also depends on how many opponents you have. Heads-up you definitely want to slow play or trap your opponent while if it's a multi-way pot then you may build the pot right out of the gate.

It's just a table dynamics thing. One thing doesn't work well in every situation. You have to adjust and adapt.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually check or potentially a very small bet - you are happy to call any of their bets and give them a chance to improve their hand which is unlikely to beat your already made hand. Either they hit it and bet for value with the worst hand or they miss and they may try to bluff - both of these things lead to more value for you.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In position, I'll bet. The sizing depends on the opponent and the board. Out of position I'll check the flop and see what happens. Generally you want to be betting, even if it's just a small amount. Otherwise you won't get paid enough. With that being said, you don't need to be overly aggressive. You need to gauge your opponent and figure out the best way to get 2-3 streets of value. If you are check/raising or re-raising, you won't get paid nearly as often unless your opponent thinks you're bluffing.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
almost all the time I slow play with the nuts

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're way ahead of your opponents range, you want to give him good pot odds to continue drawing in the hope of hitting something, while not being so cheap that you don't get much money into the pot by the time he realizes he isn't going to get it. It is the ultimate situation for "value betting".

P

pkobbeltvedt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to check/call post-flop and on the turn or the river either bet or raise. If I'm comfortable that I have the nuts, I mostly find it more profitable to let my opponent make the first move.

For instance I was in a game a couple of days ago where I flopped a full house where I had 7,8s. I waited to make a move until the river where a King was shown. Fortunately for me, my opponent had a King. I was first to act so I bet about 2/3 the pot and he re-raised. I won a substantially pot and I don't think I would've if I had bet post-flop.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best to check in such situations if we are out of position and try to put the opponent on the raise and thus play the check-raise. But also we can charge our hands and raise first and try to extract as much from such a hand.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, it's nearly always better to come out betting regardless of the flop. It makes it more difficult to read your play.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In these situations it is best to play at check until you wait for the bet of the opponent, especially if he is the one who acts first, it is advisable to look for the opponent's bluff.

I also often check, eventually i bet on the river, if opponent checks too. On micro/low stakes which i play, players are aggressive, especially in early and mid game, so checking is probably best choice.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, it's nearly always better to come out betting regardless of the flop. It makes it more difficult to read your play.

I agree. You need to bet the same as you would if you completely missed the flop. The same goes for pre-flop. It's especially important to bet when you could be outdrawn by flushes and straights. You don't want to tie your bet sizes to your hand strength or else you will become easy to read. Checking the flop after raising pre-flop raises a lot of suspicion. Bet the nuts the same as your missed flops because you will be in the latter situation a lot more than the former !