john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Aaaah, that makes sense. Foxes say many interesting things after all. 😅

Believe me, I'm way more insane than that fox in the video. :ROFLMAO: You better tell me something another thing: what do you know about yesterday's tournament on GGPoker? Did you get any money back? Because a member of our Community wrote that he was getting 0.08$. But I didn't get anything, for example. :unsure:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Did you get any money back? Because a member of our Community wrote that he was getting 0.08$. But I didn't get anything, for example. :unsure:
No, me neither. And it would actually surprise me very much if he actually got something.

Usually cancelled tournaments before ITM Just receive their buyin back which is 0 for a freeroll. 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would very much like to believe that online poker is completely clean. But very often I see things in tournaments that I don't see in offline poker. And, believe me, in Kiev before the war I played in the biggest poker clubs in the city and never saw such crazy hands as on PokerStars! I constantly play on ReplayPoker and I see a huge difference in gameplay! And I'm sure a lot of people in our Community feel the same way as me. Just take 100 random heads-up pre-flop all-ins short stacks against chipleaders on PokerStars and ReplayPoker and you'll be shocked at how different the stats are. ;)
According to sharkscope you have played 17.400 tournaments on pokerstars for an average buyin of just $0,3. The last 8 were all freerolls. Thats an awfull lot of time to spend, if you truly believe the site is rigged. Its also an awfull lot to time to spend playing for very little money, and now you are even playing on a play money site (Replay). This is of course ok, if you just want to spend your time on this instead of for instance video games.

But then your opinions are not particularly relevant to someone like OP, who wants to take online poker serious. And its not a big surprice, that you see many crazy things, when you mainly play freerolls and especially hyperturbo satellites. In "the biggest poker clubs in Kiev" people can not play for nothing, so they will tend to take the game a bit more serious. Which is also the case online, if people have to come up with even a few dollars of their own money ;)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are a million things...buit if it really must come down to 1 thing...it's Fold more.
if you are a recreational player, then by definition, you're playing for fun ... for entertainment. If you win, sure, its more entertaining, but many recreational players will say "I didn't come here to fold all night...I came here to play".

Well your attitude towards what starting hands you're willing to play needs to be significantly reduced, You need to fold out far more hands than you do presently.
Further, depending on what position you are at the table, your range for pre-flop betting changes. The closer you are to UTG pre-flop, the stronger hand you need to open the betting. Check the charts, You're playing too many hands. Fold more!

OK...so you didn't fold pre-flop and find yourself with nothing more than a miss and some backdoor draws. Get out of there! Why do you keep calling these outside chances? Sure, sometimes you can get priced in and it makes sense to take a punt... but this is another source of chip leakage. FOLD MORE.

So you're still in the hand...you don't listen to me and you've ended up doing a runner runner for the straight...but there is a flush draw that comes in on the river. Villain shoves. And here you are feeling forced to call a shove you know you're going to lose to the flush. ....Sigh.

Stop getting yourself into so much trouble by making better decisions on earlier streets. Stop playing all that dross and put your money on a horse with strong legs and a shiny coat!

Cheers,
JT

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
and now you are even playing on a play money site (Replay). This is of course ok, if you just want to spend your time on this instead of for instance video games.
Yeah, on ReplayPoker, all our Community just plays for free chips every day. :poop: That's right dude! :D You made my day, dude! :LOL: Maybe not a day, this weekend at least. :ROFLMAO: Thank you! :ROFLMAO: I laughed for so long before the war even started. :love::ROFLMAO:

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be patient u can´t win all the money in one day but u can lose your bankroll tho

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are a million things...buit if it really must come down to 1 thing...it's Fold more.
if you are a recreational player, then by definition, you're playing for fun ... for entertainment. If you win, sure, its more entertaining, but many recreational players will say "I didn't come here to fold all night...I came here to play".

Well your attitude towards what starting hands you're willing to play needs to be significantly reduced, You need to fold out far more hands than you do presently.
Further, depending on what position you are at the table, your range for pre-flop betting changes. The closer you are to UTG pre-flop, the stronger hand you need to open the betting. Check the charts, You're playing too many hands. Fold more!

OK...so you didn't fold pre-flop and find yourself with nothing more than a miss and some backdoor draws. Get out of there! Why do you keep calling these outside chances? Sure, sometimes you can get priced in and it makes sense to take a punt... but this is another source of chip leakage. FOLD MORE.

So you're still in the hand...you don't listen to me and you've ended up doing a runner runner for the straight...but there is a flush draw that comes in on the river. Villain shoves. And here you are feeling forced to call a shove you know you're going to lose to the flush. ....Sigh.

Stop getting yourself into so much trouble by making better decisions on earlier streets. Stop playing all that dross and put your money on a horse with strong legs and a shiny coat!

Cheers,
JT
Good advice, by the way! There are too many fishes who call pre-flop with any hand. But too much depends on the speed of the tournament. Of course, it's understandable that you should just play the odds, but then you'll be a shortstack playing monster hands all the time. Yes, I know you do that, but you also make countless rebuys. It's certainly a simple and effective strategy (especially when you're willing to invest real money in poker), but after the add-on, it all depends on the specific strategies of the players you're at the table with.

Cheers,
fox

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Study the game until you feel confident that you are doing what you suposed to do in every hand,and keep studying and playing
Go for the gold
Take your time to make the moves,try not to be impulsive
God bless

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Greetings, fellow card enthusiasts. Today's question goes straight to the heart of experience: if you could offer a single piece of advice to a beginner player, what would it be? Share your words of wisdom to guide those taking their first steps into the fascinating world of poker. A small piece of advice can make a significant difference. Share your wisdom and help shape the next generation of players!
I'd suggest focusing on consistency and patience. Progress in any skill takes time and practice. Don't get discouraged by setbacks or slow improvement. Keep practicing regularly, stay curious, and enjoy the learning process. Over time, you'll see significant growth and improvement.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good advice, by the way! There are too many fishes who call pre-flop with any hand. But too much depends on the speed of the tournament. Of course, it's understandable that you should just play the odds, but then you'll be a shortstack playing monster hands all the time. Yes, I know you do that, but you also make countless rebuys. It's certainly a simple and effective strategy (especially when you're willing to invest real money in poker), but after the add-on, it all depends on the specific strategies of the players you're at the table with.

Cheers,
No.

What you are saying is only true for freerolls or late reg.
Most games do not start you with a short stack which will only last a few hands.

This isn't "just playing the odds" either. This is about eliminating the single most damaging aspect of poker play...playing any two cards.

In terms of "investing"....again, I must disagree with you. This is not about investment. As long as you are following your bankroll management, then the idea that there is significant investment isn't really true. You start with what you can afford and play games that fit within the BRM.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No.

What you are saying is only true for freerolls or late reg.
Most games do not start you with a short stack which will only last a few hands.

This isn't "just playing the odds" either. This is about eliminating the single most damaging aspect of poker play...playing any two cards.

In terms of "investing"....again, I must disagree with you. This is not about investment. As long as you are following your bankroll management, then the idea that there is significant investment isn't really true. You start with what you can afford and play games that fit within the BRM.
I'm talking about your play in sattelites on PokerStars. Where have you and me played any other tournaments? Nowhere. And what you say about folding a lot in big tournaments, it all depends on the other players you're playing against. I wouldn't call your raise when you are playing only with monster hands.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm talking about your play in sattelites on PokerStars. Where have you and me played any other tournaments? Nowhere. And what you say about folding a lot in big tournaments, it all depends on the other players you're playing against. I wouldn't call your raise when you are playing only with monster hands.
i dunno. Maybe you're right.

In satties, if there is a rebuy, I do tend to take it and that way I don't have a short stack. (Certainly in the Sunday Million satties, I always rebuy and add-on...

But How would you know if I'm only playing monster hands?
Besides...pre-flop there are only strong hands...no monsters.

And if its a sattie, SOMEONE is calling my raise. I don't care if it is you or someone else. Usually multiple someone's!

Cheers,
JT

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
if you are a beginner just go ALL IN just to see the outcomes of the cards on the table and that of your opponents, like this you will learn quickly. but try it on freerolls first if you don't want lose money.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you dont open limp in tourney play you will eliminate a lot of errors from your game.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i dunno. Maybe you're right.

In satties, if there is a rebuy, I do tend to take it and that way I don't have a short stack. (Certainly in the Sunday Million satties, I always rebuy and add-on...

But How would you know if I'm only playing monster hands?
Besides...pre-flop there are only strong hands...no monsters.

And if its a sattie, SOMEONE is calling my raise. I don't care if it is you or someone else. Usually multiple someone's!

Cheers,
JT
Well, that's right. On PokerStars, usually, in any satellite 2-3 players call all-in. Especially at the beginning of the game. I know your style because we've played against each other a lot before. Good luck anyway! ;)

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold, fold and fold again until you play 5 to 10% of all the hands you get dealt.

Poker Tips