Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Greetings, fellow card enthusiasts. Today's question goes straight to the heart of experience: if you could offer a single piece of advice to a beginner player, what would it be? Share your words of wisdom to guide those taking their first steps into the fascinating world of poker. A small piece of advice can make a significant difference. Share your wisdom and help shape the next generation of players!

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is poker, anything is possible here, so don't pay attention to the dirt. as dirty as you can lose, you can win just as dirty))

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Top tip - never invest real money on pokerstars. Yes, you need to make a deposit of 10$ - do it, but never again, as this poker room is not a fair. In this poker room everything is made for fishes to beat stronger hands and for chip leaders to beat 4-5 short stacks every hand. :poop:

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Take this sites free 30-day course.
Then you can start with Jonathan Little's free offerings at Poker Coaching. Link below...
https://pokercoaching.com/home/

As said above patience and bankroll management will take you a long way when combined with the free info/knowledge in this forums 30-day course and at the PC link above.

Best of luck at the tables.

Cheers!!!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Greetings, fellow card enthusiasts. Today's question goes straight to the heart of experience: if you could offer a single piece of advice to a beginner player, what would it be? Share your words of wisdom to guide those taking their first steps into the fascinating world of poker. A small piece of advice can make a significant difference. Share your wisdom and help shape the next generation of players!
Hey there Anamembu. Out of all the advice to give to a new player I think the best is don't be afraid to go all in. For real. Is that too "sharky"? Just kidding. Well, besides getting your hands on all the literature and vids out there I think playing within one's financial limit is crucial. Bankroll management and game selection. That and patience. GL to your "friend". ;)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is that you make money in your first tournaments. Don't assume you know everything. Winning a tournament can be easy but achieving consistency over time is the most difficult. So study and study to one day be a great professional.

evthealien

evthealien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's some solid advice here.

Also, approach studying seriously. Take a course or read a book. Take notes. Review your notes. Make a plan to apply the concepts you've learned. Review your hands and stats to find leaks and areas to improve.

Don't just watch a bunch of random YouTube videos.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think in start you must play freerools wath poker movies and read some book of poker

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck with the freerolls! The best is what I felt in actual combat. You should be suspicious of what people say.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
never think that you are worse than the rest... or better

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Study as much as you can, and play as many tournaments as you can afford.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Table selection.

And if you insist on playing MTTs: play very tight when you are out of position (as long as you have a deep stack at least).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top tip - never invest real money on PokerStars. Yes, you need to make a deposit of 10$ - do it, but never again, as this poker room is not a fair. In this poker room everything is made for fishes to beat stronger hands and for chip leaders to beat 4-5 short stacks every hand. :poop:
One piece of advice is to not listen to nonsense like this. It usually comes from losing players, who are looking for an excuse for their lack of results. But there are also plenty of winning players on PokerStars including myself, and unless you want to remain stuck in penny games forever you need to start with at least some deposit like $50-100. You can see my track record on PokerStars here.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
One piece of advice is to not listen to nonsense like this. There are plenty of winning players on PokerStars including myself, and unless you want to remain stuck in penny games forever you need to start with at least some deposit like $50-100. You can see my track record on PokerStars here.

If you're giving advice to beginners, why are you replying to me? :ROFLMAO::LOL::poop:

I'm happy for you that you are profitable. Maybe PokerStars does let players who make deposits win. I, for example, haven't made a deposit in over 2 years and I'm a plus player too. You can also check this on sharkscope. You just have to realize that beginners can't play as successfully as you, for example. Because everybody can't win. Only a small percentage wins. But every beginner can be a plus player and I gave the right advice on how to do it. :unsure:

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Always be energized by the result and be patient. The main thing in poker is money, so the result here is obvious what needs to be achieved.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Watch the pros in reviews or in tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But every beginner can be a plus player and I gave the right advice on how to do it. :unsure:
No you did not. You posted nonsense about one of the largest poker sites begin rigged. This is not true, you have no evidence for this, and such speculations are a major distraction for anyone trying to learn the game and become profitable. If it really was rigged, there would be no point in learning strategy, and software that calculate the GTO equilibrium would be useless. Believing, that poker sites are rigged, is a sure way of not achieving success in online poker. None of the big winners waste a second of their time on this nonsense.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No you did not. You posted nonsense about one of the largest poker sites begin rigged. This is not true, you have no evidence for this, and such speculations are a major distraction for anyone trying to learn the game and become profitable. If it really was rigged, there would be no point in learning strategy, and software that calculate the GTO equilibrium would be useless. Believing, that poker sites are rigged, is a sure way of not achieving success in online poker. None of the big winners waste a second of their time on this nonsense.
I would very much like to believe that online poker is completely clean. But very often I see things in tournaments that I don't see in offline poker. And, believe me, in Kiev before the war I played in the biggest poker clubs in the city and never saw such crazy hands as on PokerStars! I constantly play on ReplayPoker and I see a huge difference in gameplay! And I'm sure a lot of people in our Community feel the same way as me. Just take 100 random heads-up pre-flop all-ins short stacks against chipleaders on PokerStars and ReplayPoker and you'll be shocked at how different the stats are. ;)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Just take 100 random heads-up pre-flop all-ins short stacks against chipleaders on PokerStars and ReplayPoker and you'll be shocked at how different the stats are. ;)
But shouldn't you provide this evidence instead of asking someone else to do it?

In this forum we can actually read a lot of different stories on how and why the poker sites are rigged/the RNG is tweaked. But never in a single case has anyone ever prepared and provided actual evidence on this being the case.

And last but not least, 100 hands aren't exactly a statistically relevant sample size. But if you have them, let us see!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
But shouldn't you provide this evidence instead of asking someone else to do it?

In this forum we can actually read a lot of different stories on how and why the poker sites are rigged/the RNG is tweaked. But never in a single case has anyone ever prepared and provided actual evidence on this being the case.

And last but not least, 100 hands aren't exactly a statistically relevant sample size. But if you have them, let us see!
Andy, I don't want to prove anything to anyone. I'm not interested. You know I play a lot of poker, so I don't need hand stats to experience poker, right? Poker is like air for me, I'm completely immersed in it, and I can analyze my feelings. Andy, you're very serious. It doesn't suit you - smile! You're not talking with Negreanu, you're talking with an insane fox. ;):eek:

Poker Tips