The Ten Biggest Keys to Winning at Poker (Day 30 Course Discussion)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I scored 10 correct.

question 8. When villain checks and you bet 400 on the flop, to me it is screaming for a 400 continuation bet on the turn. But I am assuming Q was a good enough showdown card in a headsup with A2A on the flop if the villain does not have a K.
I don't expect villain to have 2 or 3. Maybe slow playing an Ace.

How much is a double barrel bet, were you suggesting $800 is not a good idea to bet after the turn(after betting $400 on the flop)? Or when you said double barrel, it meant not to bet a 2nd time, not bet the turn, after raising on the flop.

I enjoyed your course, and see where I have a weakness in showing aggression in some lucrative spots. Thank you for the course.

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for the great course, I’ve noticed a definite improvement in my game since starting it.

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you Collin, thank you Katie, thanks CC.....
Well it's the last day of a year 2021 and my last day of school and I'm going to give You:
A
Because
You covered the basics
you covered all the fundamentals some regular needs
you opened some info for future learnings (I do ranges and solvers)
You were not boring at all even though I already knew a lot of stuff...
My grade is A but it's due to the way you were teaching here. Aggression is always good, I agree and if I can't play aggressive - I'm usually out of the tournament. When I was asking myself what should I do... aggression ! I agree with one's mention about that 72 hand but... aggressive play is good play.
Thanks for putting that on1st place
Happy New Year !

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never thought that poker lectures would be informative. Moreover, they were so informative that in the process of studying I was more often disappointed by losses. But there are no victories without defeats. There are things in poker that I had only guessed before. I hope that armed with knowledge, I will be able to compete with my opponents.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Final day

Finished day 30:)
I enjoyed this course a lot, even if I didn't pass :eek: I will re-watch it again until I do pass it. :deal:
You guys should do more of them.

Attachments

• quiz 2.jpg
    quiz 2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 21
Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So here we are at the finish point. A very usefull 1 hour lesson, where we can learn how to combine the aspects saw durins the course. I made some mistakes answering, but still was able to succeed. This course has been a nice experience, and learnt a lot . I tried to finish it in one to two weeks, but that was a mistake, taking your time in learning is crucial.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Conquer and Go Forth!

Not to brag but my Gold Star is looking pretty shiny! An epic end to an epic course, but not the end to my learning journey, not by a long shot.

Collin put it perfectly in his epilogue, Staying Ahead of the Curve:

"My opponents were adjusting to poker’s continually evolving conditions, and I wasn’t. They were grateful to be able to play online poker games with a hundred-dollar buy-in, and I wasn’t. They were studying, and I wasn’t. So exactly what should have happened, did: I started losing."

Thanks again Collin and Katie!

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank Collin and Katie! Really enjoyed the course. I learned some interesting strategies that I ddnt know and was surprised at some of the things that I already do but never really knew all the details and math behind doing it. Ya'll broke it down really well. I have no doubt this made me more aware and a better player.. Thanks again...

N

NLstudent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Collin and Katie, thank you for this amazing course !

Why J2o is shove here ? What is a tough process ?

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The quiz answers :

Hand 1
We can open raise :9s4::8s4: because it is part of the open raise range at this position (cuttoff).

We can raise on the flop because villain showed weakness and we don't have showdown value, what we have is a backdoor flush draw, so the best decision is to try to take the pot right now.

Hand 2

The best decision on the river is to raise for value, because we have a strong hand and villain defended his big blind, so his range is wide, he can have 8x, 9x or pocket pairs that he does not 3-bet preflop .

Hand 3

On the bubble, we have to put the pressure because we have the biggest stack at the table, so at 3 lefts for ITM we have to raise 72s, we can even shove this hand preflop.

Otherwise, we have to C-bet and continue to put pressure on the other streets.

Hand 4

We have :kc4::qd4: flop :ac4::kh4::8s4: villain check, he showed weakness so we can C-bet for value and if he calls we can check back the turn for pot control and bet small the river for value.

Hand 5

With :9s4::6s4: I prefer 3-bet 240 x 3 or 240 x 3.5, I don't prefer 3-bet shove because I have good depth which is +50bb deep.

Flop :7s4::3h4::5h4: we have gutshot draw, backdoor flush draw and the possibility of hitting a pair or more, so we have good equity and the best decision is to play aggressive, raise the flop or check-raise the flop is a good decision. If villain calls, we can shove the turn.

Hand 6

We have 12 outs :ah4::kh4::qh4::jh4::10h4::7h4::6h4::5h4::4h4::3h4::2h4::7s4::7c4::7d4:

We have 12 outs so we have 12 x 2 = 24% equity on the turn and 24% on the river. If we go all in we will have an equity of about 50%.

We can call the turn. Villain bets 1/2 pot on the turn, that's 3:1 odds so we need a minimum of 25% equity.

Hand 7

We have :10h4::3h4: we can 3-bet this hand on the bubble to put the pressure against the small blind.

We can float the flop to put more pressure because we have backdoor flush draw and backdoor straight draw.

On the turn, we have open ended straight draw, so the best decision is raise to put more pressure.

Hand 8
We bet the flop and villain called, :3s4: doesn't change anything on the turn and we have showdown value with Q high, so there's no need to double barrel.

Hand 9

Yes, we must raise to value the full house and hope to be called by flush or straight.

The raise size I can apply is 300 x 3.5 = 1050 or 300 x 4 = 1200

Range must have : QTo KTs+ ATs+

Range can have : Kh8h Kh9h Th8h Th9h ATo TT

Range doesn't have : KhTh AQ+ QQ+

Hand 10

Regarding this spot, we have :ad4::7d4: the action to eliminate is call because we have less than 20bb, so we can fold or shove.

Hand 11

Reagrding this spot, we have :jd4::9s4: the big blind raised 7bb and he only has 2bb left, if we shove he will surely complete 2bb, it means that we do n't have fold equity and we don't have enough equity with this hand, so the best decision is fold.

Hand 12

The best decision is shove :jc4::2s4:because we have good odds. Villain raises about half his stack and he has 2.8bb left and there is 5bb in the pot. In this spot we have odds of 3:1 and we can shove.

Hand 13

With :qd4::jd4: the best decision is shove because we have 14bb and it's a good enough hand to shove with our depth.

Hand 14

:8d4::5d4: is part of our big blind defensive range, so we can call and see the flop.

We have top pair on a connected flop, I see shove or check-shove this hand is the best decision.

Hand 17

:kc4::jc4:
is part of the open range in UTG, so we have to raise 2bb or 2.1bb because we don't have a deep stack.

The effective stack is the smallest stack, so the big blind stack is 7.2bb.

We have a nut flush draw, so we can raise or shove to put pressure on our opponents.

Hand 18

We can exert pressure with :2s4::2h4: because there are 4 players left and we have good fold equity.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Big day! hahaha

I am very happy and extremely pleased to have had the honor of participating in this course, great tips, everything with consistency and coherence, congratulations to those involved.

If I could leave a tip now, thinking about the future, in other courses or even in the formulation of this one, I believe that it would be extremely productive for the lines to be clearer, more paused, well intoned, once the content is made available to the world everything here, seen by people of more than 100 different languages, is being policed to have a good oratory so that the content can be translated with the greatest possible precision. I say this because I had to translate the book and watch the dubbed videos, the translation of the book was even smooth, it was very well written, what really left a little to be desired were the subtitles, but anyway, it was amazing, thanks again!

30/30.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big day! hahaha

I am very happy and extremely pleased to have had the honor of participating in this course, great tips, everything with consistency and coherence, congratulations to those involved.

If I could leave a tip now, thinking about the future, in other courses or even in the formulation of this one, I believe that it would be extremely productive for the lines to be clearer, more paused, well intoned, once the content is made available to the world everything here, seen by people of more than 100 different languages, is being policed to have a good oratory so that the content can be translated with the greatest possible precision. I say this because I had to translate the book and watch the dubbed videos, the translation of the book was even smooth, it was very well written, what really left a little to be desired were the subtitles, but anyway, it was amazing, thanks again!

30/30.

Glad you enjoyed it!

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Just finishes the course i got 13/15 and i misses the Bonus question where I respond also low suited cards of heart i didn't review the hand from the beginning(that is a big mistake) but i notice that he cant have Aces Kings and Queens, i say K10s 10 9 s KJo KQo and also 78s 89s of heart that was a mistake considering the action on the flop where he call the C-bet.
I also misses Question 8 i choose to double barrel it was a little bit to much agressif big mistake.
Also i miss the question 11 where I respond that you shouldn't 3bet light u need to shove. But the most important mistake is not to call.
Your course is the best course on the internet about poker for low stakes. It contain all u need to know to start playing poker for real :love::love:
I also want to say that your E-book is amazing 151 pages of pure informations, it take me about 20 day to complete the course as i am not working and i have more time to study.

Thanks Ms. Katie Dozier CardsChat Ambassador, Poker Expert and Mr. Collin Moshman CardsChat Ambassador, Poker Expert for your amazing work.

:ah4::qh4:
My favorite hand in poker you will assume he can't go all in with it in every spot But as my favorite hand i never fold it even if there are 8 All in deep preflop and i am in the BB. And on the flop turn and river also i never fold it i always bluff or semi bluff it works well for me :love::love:

J

Jruedrew

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KW
Chips
It feels good to finish the course. I scored a 12 out of 15. Not bad, I guess I got a B.

Thanks for the course! I truly learned a lot but still got much more to learn.

Thank you!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think there were 2 actions I could have made a legitimate argument against. I learned some spots where I should be more aggressive. Great course! Thanks Collin, Katie, and Cardschat!

p.s. I really vibed with Katie's sense of humor :) Collin was no slouch either ;)

I guess I claim my badge here? I got 13-14 hands fully correct. I counted 25 out of 29 question overall right.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks.I learned a lot on this course. There are ways to find and exploit an edge that I learned.
I also learned that Katies favorite hand is Black AA, but she will take em any way she can get em.
You apply no pressure when you fold.
If your opponent has a fold button, then you have fold equity.
Fortune favors the bold and keep a good mindset.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It was very educational for me (I, who have never undertaken such an undertaking. thank you).

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
A the end last chapter - day 30 finished.
1. 89s:
- In pre flop we should raise.
- Flop: We should c-bet
2. QJo
- We should shove.
3. 72s
- In pre flop I prefer call but for recommendations we should raise.
- Flop: We should c-bet.
4. KQo
- We should c-bet and if the turn is good for us shove if not check for a pot control
5. 96s
- Pre flop: We should call to prevent pressure by villain.
- We should do check - raise
6. 98s
- We have 12 outs
- We have equity 25%
- We should call
7. T3s
- We should raise, 3bet
- We should call to floating
- We should bet
8. Q7o
- No, is no occasion to double barrel, because the table is dr.
9. AJo
- Yes, we should get more chips than we can.
- We should min raise, to expect that villain reraise us and go all in.
- The villain range will be ATo, KTo, T9o,
10. A7s
- We don't call.
11. J9o
- We don't have fold equity in this situation.
12. J2o
- For me I prefer fold and for the course we should shove.
13. QJs
- We should shove.
14. 85s
- We should call to defends our BB
- We should c-bet and put more pressure in the next streets.
15. KQo
- We should shove.
16. K6o

17. KJs
- We should raise in pre flop
- The effective stack will be 9.6BB villain
- We should shove in this situation.
18. AQo

19. 22
- We should shove, putting pressure a the villain.

20. AKs

Thanks for the course. I thin this topics in this course will be more helpful to us.

Last edited:
MrFixxiT

MrFixxiT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
So I guess I flopped the exam. :( If we did get points for any sub-questions, I might barely have made it, but for now it isn't good enough.
I guess I don't have the details internalized yet and I mix up some spots or miss some important parts.

I'm gonna do the exam again, hoping I have learned something and giving the right answers then. But it's a bit weird to do the same exam again.

I am a bit disappointed and annoyed I did not pass it in one go. I did pretty well in the mid-term exam.

MrFixxiT

MrFixxiT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
So I've been studying all day today. From day 16 onwards I reviewed my notes for each day and then watch the hands in the video and do the quiz.

Then I did the final exam again. I did pass this time, still just barely with 11 correct answers. Bu I must say I would give myself a better score. ;)

Here is what my wrong answers where:

4. KcQd bet-bet-bet My idea was to bet each street. It is a great hand and I didn't really think about not getting enough worse hands to call 3 times. I do think this isn't the worst thing to do though.

8. Qc7d Yes I am a bit annoyed that Katie says this is a clear answer compared to some other close situations in the quiz. How is this so clear? Showing strength twice in a row should count for something right? It should give us some fold equity, no?

10. Ad7d Never fold The phrasing of this question is a bit annoying, although I think I understand the answer. But if they would have asked what we should do in this situation, then I would have gotten the right answer in raising here.

13. 8d5d All-in In the video of Defending the Big Blind, Colin tells about 3-bet shoving versus a single raise with an effective stack of less than 25bb. Here the effective stack is 11bb and we face a small raise. So I answered to shove here, because of this. Did I understand this incorrectly? Maybe this guideline of 3-bet shoving to defend your Big Blind is only with the top of your range?
Got the second part of this question correct.

With the bonus question I went a bit too far. I started off with just the Suited broadways, which would've been enough. But then I started adding AJ+, KJ+ and QJ, and eventually decided that even 99-22 could be part of his value range.

So, could anyone please give their thoughts on some of these mistakes and how wrong I was or maybe that my answers weren't that bad. And also some answers to the question I give (especially in the 8d5d hand). Thank you.

At least I have passed the final exam now and that way the full course. I do have some areas now that I could/should give some more attention and I will. Maybe I rushed the course a bit too much. It could explain I had a bit of trouble with the exam the first time.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Very good course, they are excellent players.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
The one I liked the most was, knowing how to play depends on how you are positioned.