Survey - How has CardsChat Helped you Improve your Poker Game? Win CC Merchandise!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I learned that this is a very good site with "hands-on" moderators who also "mix it up" with the membership. One can only ascertain this by posting/responding to certain threads and playing within the FRC games. I have noticed (elite)members/moderators who play in non-CC games as well and have improved my game by tangling with them once in a while.

Good resources and good people make for a great site. I am trying to be something of a resource also by posting my poker playing path with transparent statistics and using the same name throughout my online poker wanderings.

My goal is to economically qualify for, play within and win some large MTT's. This inevitably means tangling with serious and professional players some of whom are CC members.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the CC games helped me improve my game, I use them to practice new techniques and they also taught me how to adapt to different styles of play.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I came to CC, my wife was having great fun doing the league. I wanted to join in the fun. I was mostly a live poker player. The league has improved my play quite a bit, but it is also humbling because the players are very good. I was not playing any online poker before, but with all the freerolls, I have begun to play almost every day. I like playing cash games and buyin tourneys, I am an online poker convert. With all that practice, I have seen a lot more hands than I have seen live by far. So I guess the main thing is that my enthusiasm for poker has skyrocketed and I am playing more. So as a result, I am cashing more often. As a bonus, I have made some friends that I talk to every day. Thanks CC.

M

Maitresse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to the site, and already I feel that my BRM has improved. After reading the thread on BRM and freerolling, I completely changed my strategy and got up way faster than I ever have before. Thank you!

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met the key persons in my development around here :)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me has helped me play against other good players, I've learned from them, I have also learned a lot by reading the various articles of poker hands and watching the sub hand evaluation forum.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has helped me a lot to improve or become aware that my poker was not as good as I thought .. when I see questions from newbie people or very novices then apart from giving advice I also give it to myself since many times You think of those details, such as leaving the tilt .. when you already have time playing and you do not know what these tilt is, you take it as a bad patch ... Also seeing the book recommendations .. I think the initiative to create this page for give life to poker .. not everyone does the work that you do day after day.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Basically, CardsChat helped me through the diary routine playing freerolls and through the knowledge shared by members on forum, containning mainly all levels of technique, bankroll Management, mindset... CardsChat is life!:icon_chee

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finding some very handy tips indeed.one perfect example is check raising a serial c-better. Can be used for perfect semi-buff steal after the flop or for adding value when you've hit well.just one of many treasures I've found here at CardsChat!

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a thread on Poker tells . Cant wait to put these tips to use in a live tournament . :deal: .... Also being on CardsChat so often has lowered my poker loses dramatically . :congrats:

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the league has greatly helped me learning Patience and in betting, Kowing your[ biggger maybe over raise will get folds ],allows you to reduce those big raises to smaller ones and gain interest from others to indulge
That being said it can be harmful using those tactic;s in tournament money games . Using the same practices in these can and will often leave you shorted and gone,
Learning to combine these lead to winning and CC has brought my play forward from both the tough freerolls and the league and given winnings to me in online tournaments

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have found that cardschat keeps me looking at poker from a new perspective all the time.

Sometimes I read posts from someone who has played poker for a long time and trying to take it serious or maybe they need a break, and you have to think how you can respond to help them out. Another time you read a post from someone just getting started in the game looking for a book, so you try to help them out.

This keeps me looking inward at my game from different perspectives. I might catch myself slipping on studying, or realize that maybe a change is needed to break up the monotony that can come from playing the same game types everyday.

Social networking has been hard for me overall as it has evolved since its creation, but being among like minded people defiantly makes it easy to talk and relate.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The composition of the participants of the games is strong, and playing with strong players I learned a lot! I want to thank CardsChat for the opportunity to improve my game!

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I first came here (like many uthers for the Pokerstars free-rolls), I played only there and in PartyPoker. I started documenting my progress in the infamous "Free-Roller's Diary", partly for completing the require posts to enter the club and mainly to get feed-back from other, more experienced players. That worked like a charm for me. I improved my game and when I finally made it to the Free-Roll-Club, I started playing in a very competitive player pool, struggling even more.
I started playing in other rooms because of the Club and the one time I could have a schedule and joined the League, I learned even more.
Another aspect that improved profoundly in my game was my confidence. I mean that, if you manage to get ahead in this shark-tank, then you must be worth something as a player, right? (Added value was the improvement in my wardrobe on account of these successfull moments!)

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat really helped me to improve my game, i've found here many useful advises and resources to make my game better, i don't think that i'm strong player but i want to be so, and i hope that CC will help me to deal with it!)

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well every aspect of my game has improved from becoming amember of cardchat. I really learned a great deal about positioning and being aggressive on the buttpn and cut off positions

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Cardschat helped me to improve my game in several ways. First of all it gave me some inspiration and motivation to think more about poker and my game. Especially that I started to consider more my hand ranges, that I play. I would say somehow it helped me to widen this even a bit. Reading different articles/threads also brought different point of views to me about the game. I think, this is really helpful.

Futhermore it can give you confidence, when you are unsure about how you played some specific hand, when you put this hand to the hand analysis sections.
The forum also strenghtened my will to be more competitive in poker especially by the the freerolls and special events that are offered here. Before it was like, if I loose, then I loose or if I win, then I win. Here you can get some positive feedback about your results and this is also kinda motivating me.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It foreces me to play more than I want, I feel im leaving money on the table if I dont play the free games as much as I can, in fact lately CC has been giving me my entire poker fix

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I entered in cardschat it was only to be able to play the freerolls, I thought it would be easy to make money but I realized that this was not as easy as I thought.
So this led me to pay close attention to each player's style of player (it made me learn to try to read the players), I learned to use a relationship between time and stack to get in prize.
I learned a lot by watching other players who are very good, and listening to some advice (reading in reality).

surely there were some things but I do not remember all :icon_thum

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has helped me a lot by reading all the variety of interesting articles about the world of poker, as well as discussions by some users

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC has helped me in all aspects of my game. My MTT game is much better since I joined and I am getting better results in my cash game play. I love being able to discuss poker with other players and them helping find leaks. They also give me a positive energy to keep trying to improve my game.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow ,where does someone start,!!!! i have played a lot of games before ever becoming involved and joining CardsChat,

Being a part of this CC family, has given me a more relaxed playing mood,
Having to play members not only makes your mind think about situtations in a game , but it allows you to learn to be more patient, jot down notes about player habits,betting curves,,
Playing in tournaments of non CC games ,i have found myself much more consciousness about other players to my right and left at the tables
I have to admit my wins and reaching ITM has vastly improved and continues as i play games. Being able to chat,discuss ,read articles of games has only added to myself gaining knowledge which never ends if your invested on learning and improving
I now have a gained a very good inside feeling [ confidence ] when i enter a game. Knowing I can and I am able to win, any given day and i'm able to lose with a grain of salt not being mad, p-off as some might say at others .

CC has also shown how proper Etiquette should be managed through the forums and at the tables

Thanks all You CC'ers , it's more then just Poker !!!!!!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

Last edited:
sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all CardsChat gives me a motivation to play poker. My biggest poker winning is the result of the victory in CardsChat satellite in partypoker. After playing big quantaty of CC freerolls my game becames more conservative, I have more patience in building of my bankroll and I always can ask any question and to hear back here in the forum! Thank for such opportunity!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can only echo what Chicopaw said above, Thank you CC'ers, it's more than just poker !!! I have been playing a long time, just sort of casual, but never knew any other poker players, never had anyone to talk to. This has been SOOO encouragin, really amazing. Thanks a lot CC

J

Joe.lane3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I not only learn new ideas for the game it also helps to remind me of the simple things (like position ect) that I tend to forget after a long day at the tables. I big yes from me.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games