Survey - How has CardsChat Helped you Improve your Poker Game? Win CC Merchandise!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We would love to hear how CardsChat has improved your poker game.

Whatever it is - share it with us! Whether it is specific parts of the forum and site, members, events, starting discussions, motivation - we want to hear it all.

I know when I joined CardsChat I only thought I knew how to play poker. I had never studied the game at all and was surprised I was playing blind and getting lucky sometimes lol.

The resources and members here were immensely helpful to me.

Some lucky member will win the CardsChat merchandise of their choice by participating in this survey!

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it has helped me learn how to play pocket pairs better....i used to always just go all-in with any pocket....or AK...and now from advice i've seen in forums it has helped me alot to not lose all my chips on any of those hands...

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest improvement in my game was learning the power of small pocket pairs. I would rarely play any pocket pairs under 10's. I started taking the advice to play them and have improved my play considerably. In my local live games they noticed my play had changed(for the better for me) as I won 4 out of 5 games.:D:D

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FRC freerolls. Playing with some solid players and not bingo-shoving-any-two, and practising everyday without risking going bankrupt, was the best excercise to start having some solid fundamental moves for me. Watching top leaderboard players how the play and manage to final table a lot of those freerolls had also an impact to make me change my strategy. Playing with the same players every day, helped me to see how image and styles play a basic role, and test new strategies also.

In general having a field like FRC freerolls to test strategies and watch how good players play, what hands, from what position, how they bet personally helped me become a more solid player.

Reading hand analysis threads, and most importantly posts and advices from members like Protential or other good poker players also helped me. Having those members answering my questions, is like gold to me. I really think thats the best way to improve your game.

Most articles here offer very good, simple and easy to follow advices, you should definately do something to make them more easily searchable instead of going to youtube or wait for the thread of the article to comment on to read them.

Generally, I really believe, having to contribute constantly, and reading all sort of posts and threads everyday, you come across some valuable info that you didnt know, or havent thought about, that improve yout game.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The discussion articles we have help me see the perspective other have in the game and I realize how average intelligent I am. (Yes English is a second language for me.)
I like the articles Dakota posts for a discussion from the forum.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned much here on Cardschat. First, not to push the AK, as much.... Lol.
In addition, the other players, their post, continue to motivate me to play... Most during bad beats,etc…..
Sure is good to be here with ya, all.....

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play this game for a long time but i never was in on the lingo of the game. reading here all the posts with detail of position and BB and all the other little things helped me undertand what people are talking about

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most importantly, I've learned that what happens to me (bad beats) happen to a lot of people around. It sounds venomous, but who cares, at least I'm not alone. :D

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience is everything

As one member already said, freerolls are good study-step not only for beginners, but for regular players also. :eek:
By playing freerolls, I can train my strategy, concentration, and with every game it's some new experience, playing tight or loose, getting into different spots. Especially, when you fight for some cash! :D

Also at CardsChat we can meet players who are doing challenges of building bankroll by freerolls or posting interesting hands for a review or doing all listed and often giving some advices for those who inspired and are new in poker world.

Great place to start learning poker, improve and talk with people on different themes, not only about poker by the way. :)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Cardschat has helped my poker game, by giving me an outlet to tap into resources that has help improve my overall game. There was this one thread that people posted on how to play aces from early position. I learned a lot of different ideas from other members of Cardschat on how to play AA in early position without going all in right away.

B

babaesa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its helping me a lot by networking together people of like interest

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to Cc , I have learn many things about poker , like positions and I also learn new terms like open shove ... This forum has change my method to play, it s a good forum. Good job .

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was interesting in playing Omaha Hi/Lo but it was hard getting started.
I asked the question, what is a good stating hand in Omaha Hi/lo and got a lot of help and advice. CC was a great help.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study study study so much excitng content on cardschat learn new things everyday.
poker manna from heaven.:top:

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think seeing other people's views helps you to have a better insight into other types of movements that happen in your surroundings and with that, you can make better decisions.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your forum,especially the learning section of poker,helped me,because it contains a lot of information and every interesting to me topic, I took particular information where and what to do in any given situation,as there are people on the forum who have written their Poker Guru theme, I read with interest!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
undoubtedly here in Cardschat has improved my game, I have always said that here the Cardschat tournaments are a good level of poker with many good players because the most important thing in poker never finish learning, and it is very positive to play with players who play well because that helps you improve your game a lot

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Hello.Cc forum helped me improve my poker game.I learned to play with small risk through freerolls and by that way i can improve my bakroll.From 0$ to 60$ with Frc Cc freerolls ... i can only SAY THANK you Cardschat.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I considered myself a strong player before coming to CC.(meh)I have definitely plugged some holes in my game and i've improved my positional play.Just reading about different situations and what others go thru helps alot,,,and had some fun along the way getting to know some great people,,, Cheers! :dancing2:

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly, the forum improves my game. A lot of useful material. Freeroll games have made me more reserved at the table.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I here came like experience player.I think that in some segment I play now worst because i played on lower level than usually.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I read a lot of topics on hand analysis, and try to use the tips shared by forum users, as well as articles on the Internet with recommendations. I haven't gotten to the great books yet. each of course decides how to behave in different situations and uses its own methods of building ( saving ) the stack in the game. has my game improved? I do not know. I don't play in tournaments with buy-ins of more than $2. in spin & go, the process goes with varying success. I know for a fact that I lack patience.I'm not very good at daily freerolls (I won twice).but I can say that this year I have achieved some success in activities not related to daily freerolls. of these, at the beginning of the year I took 3rd place in the monthly Freeroll challenge. then I took part in the re-game heads up. it was a real meat grinder, it was attended by all the strongest players of the forum. I managed to take a very prestigious 3rd place for me. the next step was to participate in the SMC Freeroll in July 2018. strangely enough, but I managed to win this tournament.then came the holiday cards Freeroll chat in connection with 250 000 participants. on ACR I was able to break into the ITM ( sorry, I forgot what place I took :confused:). the next tournament was at 888 Poker. I took a very honorable 2nd place and am very proud of it. a week ago I took 9th place in lucky chips $1500 tournament among more than 5 thousand players. yesterday I also played in the same tournament and took the 4th place. now I want to talk about the championship. I play the second season and only a month ago was able to get to the final table.8th place was my ultimate dream because I was flying one of the first. in early August, I moved to 3 places. it was just incredible. and in the end, this Thursday I went out on the coveted podium. someone will say: all this stuff. Answer-I really appreciate receiving funds for your bankroll, but to play in the League, it's another matter. here you work in a team, and make every effort to keep it ahead. has my game improved? I do not know. when poker starts to bring me income, where I can buy something, when I sit at the final table, it will improve. thank you, card chat. :star:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most I have learned is how some other players actually play their hands, what their thinking is behind their moves. Players will not tell you how they think you should have played a hand to a complete stranger, they will how ever tell you here.
It is a great place for the give and take of the game, and the info on other habits of players.
The freerolls of course with the standard of play by fellow members for the most part is very enjoyable and shows how some solid players make it to the end more times than not. Playing in these I have learned to not stress on the betting, calling, etc... Know what you want to do, and do it.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For starters. CardsChat has allowed me to build a modest bankroll through their freerolls and special events. Without that, I would still be hoping to cash for pennies on freerolls with 10,000+ players.

As far as my game goes, the information I read in the strategy articles (under Menu in top left corner) has improved a lot of aspects of my game.

If I had to choose one, I would say learning to go all in when I am short stacked in MTT (ie push fold charts). Before I would just get whittled away and hope to sneak in. Now I am pushing more and sometimes doubling up but often times just stealing the blinds and antes allowing me some breathing room.

I can’t say enough positive things about CardsChat. It’s amazing how quickly your questions are answered. And the answers are useful, not just filler.

Thanks everyone!!

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First thing i remember learning here at CC was position. This little bit of information has changed my game for the better.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games