57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Helpful info is given by these snacks. I will try to use the info from these wisely.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was expecting articles on what foods to eat during long poker sessions, but this is useful as well :D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Article

Strategy Snacks #7 Chris gives us a rundown on how we can regulate our emotions.

Strategy Snacks #7: Regulate Your Emotions

I like this as it ties in with a recent post i made in relation to the mental side and psychology of poker and how that affects our strategy/play.

These strategy snacks are indeed tasty - thanks Shells for sharing.

Ar Ar Ar Ar

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#8 was a really helpful article for me. Since i've started playing poker 2 years ago i was watching a lot of streams looking how they play hand in certain ideas enjoyed beeing part of communites to exchange ideas and get other opinions as well.
And there were a lot of spots that i couldn't understand - so i tried to ask myself "what is he thinking about in that spot". And from there on out poker became way more interesting for me.
I was getting all the input that i was able to absorb put it in a mental blender and made my own smoothie out of it!
But i am curious at what stage should we loose the habbit of trying to play a hand like player x? When is the right time to play your own style of poker?
I think i am very far from beeing in any position to play my own style of poker, though in some form or way i think i am playing a little bit of my own ideas. But what would be the correct time to do so or will it happen seamless?

C

ChrisFoxWallace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#8 was a really helpful article for me. Since i've started playing poker 2 years ago i was watching a lot of streams looking how they play hand in certain ideas enjoyed beeing part of communites to exchange ideas and get other opinions as well.
And there were a lot of spots that i couldn't understand - so i tried to ask myself "what is he thinking about in that spot". And from there on out poker became way more interesting for me.
I was getting all the input that i was able to absorb put it in a mental blender and made my own smoothie out of it!
But i am curious at what stage should we loose the habbit of trying to play a hand like player x? When is the right time to play your own style of poker?
I think i am very far from beeing in any position to play my own style of poker, though in some form or way i think i am playing a little bit of my own ideas. But what would be the correct time to do so or will it happen seamless?

Good question. I have always thought that the idea of a "style" in poker was unnecessary. Style is something commentators talk about, but players don't think about. Keep learning, keep improving, and take everything you can from all the players you can. And then play as well as possible. We don't get extra money for style points, just for winning. So do whatever helps you win the most money.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoyed all the snacks. Thanks.
Just wish the sound in the video on #6 worked.