Slow playing aces

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play to the front, you need to extract the maximum when you have AA in your hand, play hiding AA in the long run you lose money, believe me.

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the "rule" is pre-flop but I usually play slow. Yes, the slow play is risky and I must drop AA sometimes.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do want to isolate the table, less people in the hand more favorable the odds. Nothing wrong with slow playing HU.

I like this answer.

If they are willing to bet every street - I let them.

Do what it takes to get the most chips in the pot without losing the hand ! lol

Good luck !

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on the situation in the tournament, from the position at the table and the style of the players that are playing with you, occasionally aggressive with AA can not give a profit if you are for example in the bubble stage. So you need to play AA slowly or aggressive - all depends on the situation.
For the most part in freerolls AA always aggressive play is necessary because people with any two cards try to catch smthg and AA as KK to slow the game very often suck (((

L

Liezzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main point for slow play is how vulnerable your hand is, the less vulnerable the less slow play is to be done and the more bets by value or pot control

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am never slowplaying at micro online or live low stakes. Sometimes you will get a bad beat for a big pot. But most of the time, you need to do the betting to get value - your passive opponents will be calling too often

T

Tobaer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was at a table where a guy slow played his AA. He was the SB and every one before him had folded. It was just him and the BB. He just called and the BB checked. He wanted to gain value from his AA but did not go as planned. The player in the BB had 8 3 and hit two pair on the flop. The SB decided that it was time to raise and, after some raise and re-raises, both players were all-in before the turn. Long story short, had he raised as he should have, he would have saved a lot of chips.

LeChifre

LeChifre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing your A's is asking for trouble - overraising will just get you the blinds - you have to figure out how to capture that one guy with AK/AQ/AJ/A10 or small pair!

:jd4:

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have seen a couple of times lately players playing aa slowly and losing,I would never slow play aa its a raise every time preflop.:):):)

I play a little slower when I'm bluffing :p;)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is beautiful because no combination of cards gives 100% guarantee of winning! AA has a chance to lose 18%, and when you fight for prizes, you need to play to win!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, I am one of those players who do not have much luck playing with AA, always comes one and win from me with 2 pairs or sequences.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like players who delay the game.But I have this problem occurs when I play home games from the computer because of problems with the Internet.And very sorry when it happens.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...raise with aces..maybe 1 in 50 slo-play if agressive is behind or maybe final table 2 or 3 players...darrell

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing AA is wrong almost every time,with the only time i think is acceptable is if you are the biggest stack on the table and trying to bait someone to go all-in.

igorsad

igorsad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m agree with most of players. Also AK, KK, QQ, JJ need to play aggressively. With this hands u way ahead on preflop but on flop you can often be way behind. Even with top pair with all of this hands u could be WA/WB on the flop, and to prevent it you make a raise action. Never limp or coldcall with such strong hands. Also remember that even if you make limp for example on SB and you know that player on BB 90% of time make isolation raise on limps, when u will make limp-reraise you will reveal your hand strenght.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Slow play - you pay" . I always bet or raise , reraise AA.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That largely depends of the type of players you are on the table,for example if you raise with AA and table is full of loose players and you got followed by 3 or 4 players and flop shows QQ10 you are most likely lost your chips.This is the premium hand to have no doubt about it but it is always under this rule:"Every two hole cards in Texas holdem can be a winning cards."

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what position and how much left in its stack.
Sometimes I play it strong and sometimes I play a bit more pending, but I agree to take more risks to bring more players.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I never slow play any of my big starting hands. When I use to all that would happen is I would trap myself into a big loss.

L_E_U

L_E_U

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned the hard way trying to bait them... lost to trips.. most likely they would have folded if I raised preflop... and if I would have folded before the showdown, then it would have saved me from humiliation when ppl saw I tried to slow roll..

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I like to go all in pre flop with AA sometimes slow-playing AA works and you can win, but most of the time when you slow playi AA you will lose.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you need a raise, or just raise all in...

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree , but if i get AA , i prefer to be called only by 1playrr . Because If the number of players that will call increase , the chances of winning the hand decrease