Slow playing aces

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have seen a couple of times lately players playing aa slowly and losing,I would never slow play aa its a raise every time preflop.:):):)

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the bubble, sometimes in tounments its like that

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do want to isolate the table, less people in the hand more favorable the odds. Nothing wrong with slow playing HU.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i use to think slow play, get more people involved get the maximum pot but not anymore. Now i raise big if not all in I want 1-2 players to call. Having AA doesn't mean your at 100% to win, less people trying to catch an inside straight the better

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 bet raise .. then check if good flop

Opponents will think you have kings or queens or other pair, perhaps suited connectors. If you check the flop you may get raised and payout could be better.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always raise pre, playing AA like you have air against aggo players just lets them stay in to suck out on you

W

wb403n

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on position. Me, personally, I will always raise it pre. But I've seen players limp from UTG with several players behind. That can backfire though, if nobody else raises and everybody else gets in for cheap. I can also see limping in from the button after action has folded around against an aggressive player on the SB or BB.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You always need to understand what you are doing and why. Sometimes I see how players play wrong with AA and lose as a result.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not usually brave (or crazy?) enough to slow play AA.

However, sometimes it can be profitable:

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on your position at the table ,how many players at the table and your chip stack ,i prefer just to raise but the odd time i will limp especially if there is an aggressive player at the table

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow play with a good hand can be unfavorable.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. I also think that it is better to play with pocket aces aggressively. But obviously everything depends on the position at the table and the format of the tournament.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some times the slow play can be a good option, but in general, its always better to get more action with these kind of hands! The objective is get the pot bigger. If you are playing again a agressive player and you know the slowplay will make him bet on you, so this could be a good spot to slowplay AA.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play aces slowly ..)))
Yes ... it happens that I lose ... But the pleasure that I have aces - I like)))
:bebored:

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to get the chips in asap, 3bet 4bet whatever bet. Pile em in

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I prefer to be aggressive with AA but their is also the problem when you are on a tight table of everybody folding, Then again better to take down the blinds then lose to a bad board

fiddlesticks123

fiddlesticks123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never slow play aces or any premium starting hand. It was a lesson I learned quite early on and it's hard to feel bad for players who slow play and lose. I play them the same in most situations unless I've got a good read on someone and want to trap them. HU I might slow play them.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The slowplay is a double-edged sword with which you can do well or you can go wrong, since you could have not taken the maximum value to your aces or that the opponent will break them, my recommendation is not to do it unless You've flopped the best hand.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am generally a slow playing player, always trapping and letting others punt into me. Slow playing aces always lead me to some serious tilting bad beats or losing a lot of value cause the board turned real scary to try to extract maximum value.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have seen a couple of times lately players playing aa slowly and losing,I would never slow play aa its a raise every time preflop.:):):)
I just lost yesterday with AA in a cash game 😏; and i raised preflop with few blinds then the button calls with 88; he receives an 8 on the flop me nothing; i went all in, he calls and so I'm losing the hand:mad:. So doesn't matter if you raise preflop or not when you have a top pair; this is what matters: the Gods of poker have to be on your side:p;):D.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play preflop on AA aggressively so that my cards can play normally, I do not slow down on the flop and I continue to play aggressively and if I play AA well then this is fine for me but if I do not play means do not play!

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i first started playing poker slow playing was the prefered style,i used to slow play every hand.But times have changed and everybody knows what slow play trapping is now..the only time you should slow play anything is when you have the lock and it can not possibly get beaten by the turn or river..I have changed my style up and use pretty much every style now but mix it up depending on the hand.slow playing can get aces in trouble if you let trash hands or too many hands limp into the preflop.Be aggressive with aces preflop and flop.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU makes sense...also depends on position and preflop action.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA no agressive

Na minha opinião o AA é sempre forte podemos perder com ele mas ele sempre puxa muito valor então para mim sempre raise a não ser na bolha de um torneio aonde eu tenho pequeno numero de big blinds e quero pelo menos entrar em ITM
:jd4:mateuspoker