Should You Show Your Bluffs

T

TIMURIK007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, I do not show my bluffs, but sometimes I bribe other players when I intentionally go to open me, and then attack them.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When is the best spot to re-raise a potential bluffer who is in 90% of the hands played and stealing pots? This is on any table be it tournament or ring tables.:confused:

Thank U 4 Posting

Are they folding or chasing when 3 bet?
Is the table weak and they are taking down blinds or are they 3 betting everything as well?

If they chase hands we need strong hands. If they fold when 3 bet we should 3 bet them a lot.

Hope this helps
:):)

B

belarion123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not want to raise potential bluffers, if you do not hold a weak hand as well.
They will just fold to your Reraise. In this spots it is almost always better just to call with your better hand, if you put them on a bluff, because then they will keep bluffing and you can collect their chips.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I aprove, one of my favourite mooves :D

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Wait for a good hand and just call, using the clock as you are in doubt about that. Try to extract value.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don`t show my bluffs and generally I do not show my cards because I don`t want to give details about my cards. Epecially in games with players I haven`t play with them before.:bath:

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't show my bluff a lot it attracts unwanted calls in the future! But if I raise up with Aces or kings something good and I get the table to fold, I will often show my big pair! Now when I'm bluffing they think for sure I got a big pair!

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I hardly show my cards after a hand, even though it is a bluff ... because when we reveal it, we will be giving information that will be used later by my opponents. I think Showing a bluff is a big mistake.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on your opponent - if he is subject to tilt there is nothing wrong to quickly push it back!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I never show my strong hands/weak hands/bluffs. It gives the opponent too much info.

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every once in a while show your bluffs to piss people off and make them think harder.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show any hands.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i often show them to either tilt the opponent or just because i want to boast . lol

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only show it if I'm involved in a lot of actions and with the aim of showing that I'm playing solid and not bluffing. I never showed a bluff.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Maybe

I think some times you need to show your bluff to your opponent, like just one of your best bluffs to make him think that you are not afraid and you always play with no fear. And then just then you make your move with the best hands you can get when you know any other hand can t defeat you he will think that you are bluffing and call you.
sometimes you need to show your bluff to enter your opponent head psychological talking.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes need to show bluffs it depends how you bluff as well

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a tight player, if you rarely bluff, then YES you should show your cards when you bluff because it not only gives players a false image of your game, but it also taunts them to "come get revenge!" Both work in our favor, and this is my preferred method of play.

If you are a loose player, you should NEVER EVER show your bluffs, the worst thing we can do is give our opponents a peek into our mindset. How could us showing a bluff possibly work in our favor if we intend to continue to bluff at hands?

So in brief, the answer is, always do the opposite of what you are really doing, that's the best way to keep our opponents guessing.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way bluffs are shown in poker movies can create a wrong attitude towards them. You can and should bluff when there is a suitable situation for this, and not in a randomly selected large bank. Correct, competent bluffs will bring you money in the same way as any other technical technique. The essence of bluffing is not only that you will sometimes be able to pick up a pot that you would otherwise lose, but also that bluffs dilute your ranges. You then show the monster to the opponent at the showdown, then you show a bluff, somewhere your strong hands do not pay, and somewhere you take the bank with a bluff. It's as if you start using all your available options, instead of trying to win only with strong hands. As for me, I never show bluffs. Why give the opponent extra information about my game?

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with not showing cards unless we have to, at showdown. When someone shows their bluffs they are usually baiting you into calling them light so that they can take your stack with a monster later. Don't fall for it.

I am sometimes tempted to show a bluff if I am getting too much credibility on my bets due to my tight play - meaning I get no callers when I want them. But I have decided that if players want to fold every time I bet, that is fine with me. I can get more chips by continuing this, rather then helping my opponents play better by giving them more information.

Good Luck and God Bless

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There may be some exceptions, but in general it seems that the answer is to never show your cards. I never show mine

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the best game is not to bluff

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my bluffs nor do I show my hands. I keep it all to myself. I hope it helps me when I do bluff.

Beatlebug

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For my opinion less information of my card is better. Every infomation could be useful for the openent. So i could reduce every information. The effect tto get somebody mad or in a bad mood because i show him the cards is not so big for me.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give free information to the villain

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts